Let's Smell for Manziel

Tu-Toned

I think you guys are forgetting two things:

1- HOw much Manzeil has improved this year, where last year he just ran around like crazy and made it work, he is now much more refined, but can still make those crazy plays.

2- How much wider the college field can be.

If his hands are big enough I take him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun speculation aside...I would be absolutely floored if the Bills took a QB in the 1st round next year...I'm not saying it's a bad idea...I'm just saying the chances are slim and none...And Slim just left town... B-)

Agreed they don't have the onions to admit a mistake and move on

Manziel haters in here are hilarious. He is a play maker with swagger and has the accuracy scouts drool over. Whoever gets him is going to be really happy. If the Bills pass on him they will regret as much as Grahm over Wilson, who by the way was too short.

Jonathan Football is an easy 1st rounder, I don't think he gets past the top 10

No surprise that Bills fans hate him, though

I don't think he'd be a good fit in Buffalo either, he'd work best in quick west coast passing type offense

Well Marrone's base is a west coast system, so he could be the next Brees but more athletic.

Manziel haters in here are hilarious. He is a play maker with swagger and has the accuracy scouts drool over. Whoever gets him is going to be really happy. If the Bills pass on him they will regret as much as Grahm over Wilson, who by the way was too short.

+ 1000

I think you guys are forgetting two things:

1- HOw much Manzeil has improved this year, where last year he just ran around like crazy and made it work, he is now much more refined, but can still make those crazy plays.

2- How much wider the college field can be.

If his hands are big enough I take him.

Stop using logic! many posters will lose their minds.

The Bills are NOT going to pick Johnny Manzel and why would they want to. He's gonna get killed at the NFL with his small build and willingness to put himself into danger. Plus seriously. Party Johnny is gonna want to play in Buffalo? He'd be more unhappy then other player who we traded away in the past.

Get a big play receiver or add another play maker on defense, or a studd o-linemen, any but Johnny football.

Some team will pull the trigger way too soon on him, but that will be later in the 1st round or in the 2nd I'd expect. Ask yourself how many of the plays he made in college he can make in the pros. I don't see the translation.

He'll be at worst the 2nd rated QB coming out. His play from last year to this year was different. Last year he ran around more, this year he stayed in the pocket more. His arm strength is fine, he'd be the top rated QB if he were an inch taller.

So hard to tell if he's a College phenom that doesn't translate to the pro level.....or someone who will re-define the position.

ugh.....the team that gambles (Browns) deserves to get paid off.

I still carry much hope for EJ.....I grew up in the NY area at the time when they were burning Phil Simms dolls in effigy every week at Giants Stadium......and years later booing Eli off the field every week.....sometimes QB's are a multi-year project.

4 Lombardi's later...

JM is probably a second or third rounder (most likely second). If he's there when Buffalo picks in the second, its an intriguing idea. As much as I can't stand his schtick, maybe that's what Buffalo needs. A guy so confident and successful in college that he won't get caught in the losing culture here. At this point, why not. EJ is making me feel worse week after week.

Manziel might be right for the NFL but he won't be happy in Buffalo. My view is he wants to play hard and party hard and Buffalo is not the city for him to do that. The result will be the team gets a potentially talented player whose inability to put play over party will result in poor performance and neither side will benefit. I could be wrong, Manziel may mature or already be more mature than I believe he is but it is more risk than the team needs when you consider the already considerable risk involved with any high draft pick.

Manziel might be right for the NFL but he won't be happy in Buffalo. My view is he wants to play hard and party hard and Buffalo is not the city for him to do that. The result will be the team gets a potentially talented player whose inability to put play over party will result in poor performance and neither side will benefit. I could be wrong, Manziel may mature or already be more mature than I believe he is but it is more risk than the team needs when you consider the already considerable risk involved with any high draft pick.

Another guy named Jim kelly did not want to play in Buffalo.

I am not sold on Johnny Football. I think he could have a decent career. I also am concerned about his longevity in the NFL.

Some team will take him in the first round. To me it is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

His WR Evans makes him look pretty good on numerous plays

He'll be at worst the 2nd rated QB coming out. His play from last year to this year was different. Last year he ran around more, this year he stayed in the pocket more. His arm strength is fine, he'd be the top rated QB if he were an inch taller.

We are going to just have to disagree about where Manzel rates. He is a playmaker in college for sure. A special one. But I don't see him translating to the NFL at all. I see a weak arm. I see a QB who is far too inaccurate and with a very small build. I see a QB who isn't up to NFL throws and NFL windows.