Bills Sign TE Tony Moeaki to the Active Roster

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting, wonder what this means, if anything, for Chandler.

Moeaki was a pretty good looking TE for the Chiefs a few years back before injuries.

TE Tony Moeaki signed by Bills

The Bills moved quickly to fill their vacant roster spot after the release of RB Tashard Choice signing free agent tight end Tony Moeaki.

Moeaki (6-3, 252) was a highly touted prospect out of Iowa and was a third-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2010 draft. Injuries however, have largely compromised his career.

After a promising rookie season in which he made 47 receptions for 556 yards and three touchdowns, Moeaki’s sophomore season was cut short by a season-ending knee injury. He spent the rest of the year on injured reserve.

He returned to appear in 15 games in 2012, making 14 starts for the Chiefs. Moeaki posted 33 catches for 453 yards and a touchdown.

This past preseason however, the injury bug bit Moeaki again. In the Chiefs’ preseason finale he suffered a fracture shoulder and was waived-injured. He eventually was transitioned to Kansas City’s injured reserve list, but negotiated an injury settlement with the club on Oct. 23rd making him a free agent.

Now healthy, Moeaki, 26, is an interesting pass catching addition to the tight end corps.

He was great about 3 years ago..but the injuries took their toll...would be a nice reclamation project, if it panned out. The potential, at this point of the season, is worth Tashard, in my book.

Edited by Buftex

Wow--really? This could be a steal and a half. The guy was a beast before he got injured. (Didn't we injure him?)

You will never beat 26Corner Blitz. The dude has 4.2 posting speed.

It's the new media training regimen. :lol: Seriously though, this could be a key acquisition if the guy is fully healthy. Chandler is on notice!

Wow--really? This could be a steal and a half. The guy was a beast before he got injured. (Didn't we injure him?)

I get Bills info from him faster than I do from any Bills or NFL insiders that I follow on Twitter

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

All he has left to injure are his head and toes...

Seriously, can this guy still play? If yes...wtf!? WILEY SOB'S!!

Very interesting, wonder what this means, if anything, for Chandler.

It means if you help in costing the team a game, your job will be looked at very closely. Not sure what they have in store for Stevie. Both were horrible but Chandler should have at least learned from Stevie's mistake a few mins earlier in the game. That was inexcusable.

Edited by zow2

It means if you help in costing the team a game, your job will be looked at very closely. Not sure what they have in store for Stevie. Both were horrible but Chandler should have at least learned from Stevie's mistake a few mins earlier in the game. That was inexcusable.

A small bright spot in this week of misery. This coaching staff seems to have some accountability.

Chandler is on notice!

Chandler's contract expires after the 2013 season concludes and I doubt he's re-signed. It's time the Bills get with the program and invest in a pass catching TE within rounds 1-3. I think the last guy they took to play TE in those rounds was Kevin Everett in 2005. Wow.