2014 Free Agent List

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know what this team needs anymore. To think we need another defensive end is ridiculous thinking though. Our whole D-Line is playing lighys out. So if there was an issue on defense, I would say it would be the OLB position. I had high hopes for Bradham, but I never see him or hear his name called during a game at all. I guess having a sick body and being in great shape doesn't mean Jack when it comes to football skills.

I also would love to have an offensive line like how the Patriots of past had. The one where Brady would hike the ball, make a phone call, order a pizza, be put on hold, then finish his order, play sudoku on expert level, finish it and THEN throw a TD pass to Randy Moss. That would help us out.

Simply put, OL and OLB are the top two on my list.

ID BE KNOCKING AT GREG OLSENS DOOR AT 1201.,kinda wondering if bills would have any interest in jared allen or orakpo,,,id veiw ,allen to be a 2yr type but orakpo is in prime still but having a so so season,,,,.thoughts?

You don't pay for your past mistakes in the draft. Allen has had a great career but is ancient. Orakpo will cost way more than this team should spend on him.

Olson -- intriguing.

Has his appeal finished? Last I heard this is technically his first nfl strike but he got a bit screwed(not to make excuses). Rumor was a college incident got him in phase one and then his missed test that put him in phase two was while he was in the cfl. If true, it'd be a rough way to potentially lose a full year. Still his fault but rough.

it has to do with when he was with the broncos i believe and was cut but failed a test and never showed up for follow up because he thought he was out of the NFL is what my friend who's a hawks fan told me.

Anyone know the status of some of these guys as there are some pretty sweet names that could help this team a lot. No way the Saints don't sign Graham but what about players like Orakpo and Hardy? Buffalo should be a pretty nice landing spot for players and does not put as much pressure on the draft......

http://nfltraderumor...ts-top-50-list/

CB Talib, OT Veldheer (friggin Monster) and WR Decker would be awesome.

What makes Buffalo a nice landing spot for players??????

Exactly. Bad losing franchise with a young unproven QB and a coaching staff one heartbeat away from being replaced. Yeah, thats a great spot… and did i mention its in you-know-where? Legurskys and Strouds and Florences are what we will get. Unless we absolutely break the bank, a al Mario, but can only do that once.

I think Olsen will stay in Carolina. He and Cam seem to work very well together on the field and they are winning. The Raiders are going to PAY Veldheer as they have 70+ million in cap room. I can't see Talib coming here, but maybe Cromartie after he gets cut by the Jets in the offseason. He and Pettine worked well together in NY. Spikes is the one guy I hope we can land. We need to get some quality OL depth in FA too. Spikes, quality OL depth, maybe a CB, draft well, and things are on the up and up around here my friends.

Maybe 1 or 2 names from the top 25 will actually be available.

Browner's play dropped this year, but he'd be a good fit for Pettine's defense. I could see the Bills giving him an offer.

No way is he worth a contract here.... pay Byrd and stick with the guys we have in the secondary. Seattle looks the same without him, he is on a year suspension and is 30. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I honestly don't know what this team needs anymore. To think we need another defensive end is ridiculous thinking though. Our whole D-Line is playing lighys out. So if there was an issue on defense, I would say it would be the OLB position. I had high hopes for Bradham, but I never see him or hear his name called during a game at all. I guess having a sick body and being in great shape doesn't mean Jack when it comes to football skills.

I also would love to have an offensive line like how the Patriots of past had. The one where Brady would hike the ball, make a phone call, order a pizza, be put on hold, then finish his order, play sudoku on expert level, finish it and THEN throw a TD pass to Randy Moss. That would help us out.

Simply put, OL and OLB are the top two on my list.

I agree with not knowing exactly what this team needs. But I think we definitely need a DT to rotate with Williams. Our run D is pathetic. We also need another corner, and to resign Byrd. I think we can get a CB in FA, another one in the draft. Overall, the FA pool does not solve many of our problems, but Nicks could be interesting in the Red Zone. I know, he has vastly under-performed to date, but perhaps he's just a guy that needs a new team. he won't cost much.

someone like Arthur Jones or Hakeem Nicks (perhaps needs a change of scenery?) would be interesting additions. Either should come cheap and allow us to resign Byrd.

I live in Giants country….The G-Men paid Cruz #1 receiver $ and, going into his contract year, I am certain Nicks' agent got right in his ear about protecting himself for his big FA push. He has been a shell of his former self….at 25! Skipped OTA's, does not seem to get after it like he used to, clearly is not on the same page/not happy with Eli and Reuben Randle has made a strong case for more targets. He has not been good for the GMen and his production numbers are pedestrian for a guy that is going to demand at least $9M/year. Shame - that guy has the ability to take over a game when he's on.

In short, he was born and raised in Charlotte, played his college ball at Chapel Hill……guess which pro team/prolific QB needs weapons??? My guess is that he will be a Panther Day 1 of FA and for large $.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

for the get another CB crowd here i have one question… where are we going to play this player? do you want to bench mclovin or gilmore? I'm all for investing a later round draft pick on one but investing free agent money or a high draft pick just doesn't make sense to me. there was some early injuries. mclovin is playing well and I highly doubt the bills are ready to give up on gilmore 1.5 seasons into his career that has been cut short due to injury.

i think guard -TE-ILB and even another RB are higher than another corner and yeah i said RB fred is gonna be 32 going on 33 next year.

I live in Giants country….The G-Men paid Cruz #1 receiver $ and, going into his contract year, I am certain Nicks' agent got right in his ear about protecting himself for his big FA push. He has been a shell of his former self….at 25! Skipped OTA's, does not seem to get after it like he used to, clearly is not on the same page/not happy with Eli and Reuben Randle has made a strong case for more targets. He has not been good for the GMen and his production numbers are pedestrian for a guy that is going to demand at least $9M/year. Shame - that guy has the ability to take over a game when he's on.

In short, he was born and raised in Charlotte, played his college ball at Chapel Hill……guess which pro team/prolific QB needs weapons??? My guess is that he will be a Panther Day 1 of FA and for large $.

That is a good thought. I bet he and Cam are a quality connection for a few years if this happens. My first thought is he's just pulling a Desean Jackson.Jackson did the same thing in his contract year with the Eagles. Then Jackson got paid and went back to putting up big numbers. I bet Nicks excells wherever it is he goes next year.

for the get another CB crowd here i have one question… where are we going to play this player? do you want to bench mclovin or gilmore? I'm all for investing a later round draft pick on one but investing free agent money or a high draft pick just doesn't make sense to me. there was some early injuries. mclovin is playing well and I highly doubt the bills are ready to give up on gilmore 1.5 seasons into his career that has been cut short due to injury.

i think guard -TE-ILB and even another RB are higher than another corner and yeah i said RB fred is gonna be 32 going on 33 next year.

Exactly. If the Bills bring in any CBs it will be to upgrade depth, which can always be better. Perhaps they draft a CB in RDs 3 - 5 as well. I would not expect a big FA signing at CB. OL/TE/LB are the primary needs.