2014 Free Agent List

I honestly don't know what this team needs anymore. To think we need another defensive end is ridiculous thinking though. Our whole D-Line is playing lighys out. So if there was an issue on defense, I would say it would be the OLB position. I had high hopes for Bradham, but I never see him or hear his name called during a game at all. I guess having a sick body and being in great shape doesn't mean Jack when it comes to football skills.

I also would love to have an offensive line like how the Patriots of past had. The one where Brady would hike the ball, make a phone call, order a pizza, be put on hold, then finish his order, play sudoku on expert level, finish it and THEN throw a TD pass to Randy Moss. That would help us out.

Simply put, OL and OLB are the top two on my list.

Yea, my thoughts also.

OLB with that #1 (Khalil Mack), and a RT, OG in any order, and perhaps a safety if they let Byrd walk.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My humble FA list

1. Austin Howard OT -weaken the Jets and upgrade our RT

2. Danario Alexander WR - a gamble on a huge talented WR who's been injured a lot

3. Joique Bell RB- while not as good as Fred he shows similar toughness and versatility

no break the bank moves, one targeted player, one gamble and one depth move

Draft

1st Barr or Mack - Cornelius Bennett effect? making a good defense great

2nd Austin Seferian-Jenkins- Bills will probably have to move up a little bit to get him - at the very least a red zone weapon and a better blocker than Chandler at best we get our own Gronk like weapon

I think Olsen will stay in Carolina. He and Cam seem to work very well together on the field and they are winning. The Raiders are going to PAY Veldheer as they have 70+ million in cap room. I can't see Talib coming here, but maybe Cromartie after he gets cut by the Jets in the offseason. He and Pettine worked well together in NY. Spikes is the one guy I hope we can land. We need to get some quality OL depth in FA too. Spikes, quality OL depth, maybe a CB, draft well, and things are on the up and up around here my friends.

Olsen loves it in Carolina. Not only does Cam use him well, Jerry Richardson was very good to the Olsen's when his young child was very ill. Seems pretty loyal to them, would take a lot of $$ to get him to leave-especially to Buffalo.

I live in New Orleans and follow them a little. It is 0.0%. They will restructure and release guys if need be. Graham has no chance of hitting the market.

I don't doubt that that is what they would like to do......and likely will do.

Their cap situation however is so tenuous that one would have to assume that there is a reasonable chance that they won't re-sign Graham.

Cutting Smith and Harper would see them roughly at the 2014 cap level.

The FA losses they need to replace apart from Graham are starting players.......FS(Jenkins), RT(Strief), C(Puente), LB(Haralson), LT(Brown), FB(Collins)

With the injured LB(Vilma) as an additional FA......plus good role player/backup guys of DE(Johnson), WR(Meachem), FS(Bush), QB(McCown), OT(Harris), CB3(Carr)

Graham could quite easily find himself a legitimate cap casualty.

I don't doubt that that is what they would like to do......and likely will do.

Their cap situation however is so tenuous that one would have to assume that there is a reasonable chance that they won't re-sign Graham.

Cutting Smith and Harper would see them roughly at the 2014 cap level.

The FA losses they need to replace apart from Graham are starting players.......FS(Jenkins), RT(Strief), C(Puente), LB(Haralson), LT(Brown), FB(Collins)

With the injured LB(Vilma) as an additional FA......plus good role player/backup guys of DE(Johnson), WR(Meachem), FS(Bush), QB(McCown), OT(Harris), CB3(Carr)

Graham could quite easily find himself a legitimate cap casualty.

Smith, Harper and Vilma are all gone for sure (Ingram too). Jenkins will be back as will Graham.

Their depth with certainly take a hit as will some of their starters but Graham will 100% be back. They will open the room just to tag him if need be. They are going to try to keep their core and add in young players around them. They have had good success with the young guys on defense (Vaccarro, Hicks, etc...) and they are starting to do the same on offense with guys like Stills.

I am with you that their window is closing but there is zero chance he hits the open market. If he hits the open market I will never post here again (so you will win twice).

I am with you that their window is closing but there is zero chance he hits the open market. If he hits the open market I will never post here again (so you will win twice).

I don't think I'll win twice. You aren't on my block list & I don't recall thinking strong negative things about your posts.

It's silly to leave this loving comradery of supportive and friendly Bills fans(ahem) just because you backed the likely outcome in a situation and it ends up being wrong. If Graham hits FA.....stay....have a beer. :beer:

I don't think I'll win twice. You aren't on my block list & I don't recall thinking strong negative things about your posts.

It's silly to leave this loving comradery of supportive and friendly Bills fans(ahem) just because you backed the likely outcome in a situation and it ends up being wrong. If Graham hits FA.....stay....have a beer. :beer:

Sounds like a plan my friend.

I would love to sign Veldheer and Alex Mack, cut Johnson and sign Nicks on the cheap. Our Oline will be the best in the NFL.

LT-GLENN

LG-MACK

C-WOODS

RG-URBIK

RT-PEARS

that's top notch.

Also in the draft I would take Austin Seferian Jenkins and trade back into the late first for Eric Ebron if he's there. Ej needs 2Te's and he will be lethal. With those additions our run game will be unstoppable which would open up play action for Goodwin and Tj to stretch the field.

I would love to sign Veldheer and Alex Mack, cut Johnson and sign Nicks on the cheap. Our Oline will be the best in the NFL.

LT-GLENN

LG-MACK

C-WOODS

RG-URBIK

RT-PEARS

that's top notch.

Also in the draft I would take Austin Seferian Jenkins and trade back into the late first for Eric Ebron if he's there. Ej needs 2Te's and he will be lethal. With those additions our run game will be unstoppable which would open up play action for Goodwin and Tj to stretch the field.

What makes you think Nicks will come cheap?

I live in New Orleans and follow them a little. It is 0.0%. They will restructure and release guys if need be. Graham has no chance of hitting the market.

hes going to be paid as the highest paid TE in NFL history. That's a tough nut to crack when your paying Bree's a crapload.

What makes you think Nicks will come cheap?

Nicks hasn't done anything in over 2yrs, he will not break the bank. The most he will get is 5mil a yr with incentives. No more then 10mil guaranteed he's lucky. If he wants more then that it's not worth it . I see him signing 5yr -25mil 10 mil guaranteed

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

LT-GLENN

LG-MACK

C-WOODS

RG-URBIK

RT-PEARS

that's top notch.

I'd like Mack, but he's not going to sign here to play guard.

And that right side is anything but top notch. Odds are high Pears is cut anyway.

Nicks hasn't done anything in over 2yrs, he will not break the bank. The most he will get is 5mil a yr with incentives. No more then 10mil guaranteed he's lucky. If he wants more then that it's not worth it . I see him signing 5yr -25mil 10 mil guaranteed

I highly doubt Nicks will come that cheap. There's a big market for WR1s, which I don't think Nicks is, but some team will roll the dice with him.

Only guys on that list that I'm interested in and are remotely realistic: Byrd, Wesley Woodyard, Jon Asamoah, Arthur Jones, Brent Grimes, Vontae Davis, Matt Slauson.

I think signing a guard in free agency is the biggest move the team can make.

Edited by DStebb716

the bills only need ONE free agent and his name is jairus byrd

everything else they are better off building through the draft given the options that are out there and the team needs

I agree that re-signing Byrd should be the top priority for the Bills this off season.

I'd also like to see them re-sign Alan Branch, as he has been a very good player for us this year.

Byrd will cost a lot and could prevent any major signings during free agency.

However, there are one of two WR's I'd like the Bills to pursue: Anquan Boldin & James Jones.

Boldin can still dominate and his presence would be huge here, although he might cost to much.

James Jones I think is an overlooked WR in the league and sometimes on his own team. He's a veteran and has a few good years left in him, and he probably would not break the bank.

That's who I would love to see the Bills go after.

Has his appeal finished? Last I heard this is technically his first nfl strike but he got a bit screwed(not to make excuses). Rumor was a college incident got him in phase one and then his missed test that put him in phase two was while he was in the cfl. If true, it'd be a rough way to potentially lose a full year. Still his fault but rough.

Not sure about all of that, but he did get suspended for 4 games last year for PEDs.