Trent Richardson benched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Trent is a power back without much vision or elusiveness. I think he's very good when holes are opened right where they should be and the defenders either try to arm-tackle him or have a smaller player (e.g. CB) get to him alone without support.

He's very hard to tackle if running full speed; but he nothing special, or even below average for starting RBs, if he's figuring it out as he goes. If he has to be patient and/or find a hole on his own, he's sunk.

In my opinion Trent is a power back without much vision or elusiveness. I think he's very good when holes are opened right where they should be and the defenders either try to arm-tackle him or have a smaller player (e.g. CB) get to him alone without support.

He's very hard to tackle if running full speed; but he nothing special, or even below average for starting RBs, if he's figuring it out as he goes. If he has to be patient and/or find a hole on his own, he's sunk.

Thanks! This is what I thought!

At the time I thought Cleveland got the better of the trade at the time but that it could be beneficial for both teams in the long run. Right or wrong, NFL GMs value first rounders highly (some say too highly) and if you know he isn't your guy, admit your mistake ASAP and move on. I wasn't sold on TRich as an elite back from my biased opinion of Alabama backs and the fact he had a weak YPC last year.

However I think its hilarious the media types are doing a complete 180 two months later. Considering how important the offseason and training camp are, I could see how it would be very difficult for a player to come in during the season and just "play" at an elite level. So what happens if TRich has a monster season next year? Will these same media types go back to bashing the browns?

I keep telling people that 1st round running backs are a waste, especially high ones. I think AP is the only RB in the last decade to really warrant his draft status. You could argue Chris Johnson but he hasn't been consistent enough for me.

Trent was always over rated. 4th overall? What a joke. Remember when Jim Brown said he wasn't very good and people called him a grumpy old man? I do.

Trent was always over rated. 4th overall? What a joke.

It's worse than that. Richardson was drafted 3d overall, and the Browns paid a high price to move up one slot (from 4th overall) to draft him. It was a case of managerial malpractice of the highest order.

It's worse than that. Richardson was drafted 3d overall, and the Browns paid a high price to move up one slot (from 4th overall) to draft him. It was a case of managerial malpractice of the highest order.

So true, Indy really bailed them out. For them to get a 1st back to cut their losses is a good get for Cleveland.

He stole 10 mill/yr from the Browns.

I love that after the trade was made, Holmgren publicly blasted the Browns for trading away such a precious asset for so little. So Holmgren was wrong about Richardson not just once, but twice.

Indy's front office is terrible at trades. A 1st for Trent Richardson...Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppherd

Yeah but they got two franchise qb's back to back which is damn near impossible these days. Green Bay is the only other team I can think of that has managed that in the last decade with Favre and Rogers.

Lucky bastards.

Nice trade by last season's "executive of the year." LOL.

:w00t: He basically he got that because he drafted Andrew Luck. It's crazy how great of a GM you get to be when you draft a once in a generation QB (cough, Bill Polian, cough Bill Belichick).

This also should be a huge red flag for anyone drafting Alabama offensive backfield players. It's easy to run through giant holes and not get touched for 5 yards or sit in the pocket and have all day to throw the ball. Eddie Lacy is the only rb/ qb doing anything and it could be argued that he is doing it because he plays with the best QB in the NFL.

I never understood the trade. The colts are a passing team in the truest sense. Peytons tenure there, it was clear. Now with Luck Hilton and Fleener, they had no intention of running. Donald Brown is the perfect rb prototype for Indy. I just don't see the fit

I never understood the trade. The colts are a passing team in the truest sense. Peytons tenure there, it was clear. Now with Luck Hilton and Fleener, they had no intention of running. Donald Brown is the perfect rb prototype for Indy. I just don't see the fit

They wanted to add a physical power running element to their offense which is helpful in cold weather, short yardage/goal line, in the 4th with a lead, or against quicker defenses. They had the right idea, just the wrong player.

Poor Jim Irsay. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.