MNF Thread - Cam Newton vs. Tom Brady

boyst

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chances Tommy boy gets fined for verbal abuse of the refs not to mention the viewers that are gonna call reporting foul language!?

Can anyone say Newton is the better QB between Brady and Newton? That's all I'll hear the rest of the week.

....sure looked like the passing of the torch to me!

I'm sorry for almost ending your career man. Totally accidental I'm sure..... :rolleyes::

@AlbertBreer

Charles Johnson said that Patriots RT Marcus Cannon found him and apologized after the game.

What are the chances Tommy boy gets fined for verbal abuse of the refs not to mention the viewers that are gonna call reporting foul language!?

....sure looked like the passing of the torch to me!

Aaron Rodgers is the NFL's best QB....Bar None!

It's weird because I am now used to seeing kiko in coverage, and he's awesome. Kuechly isn't even in kiko's league as a cover LB. Not sure why the panthers would even have him in the game on the last play.

Which is odd as isn't LK considered one of the better coverage linebackers in the league?

Which is odd as isn't LK considered one of the better coverage linebackers in the league?

I have a secret! I've seen him a lot. He is overrated at pass protection and easily outmatched by bigger and stronger guys. He doesn't play strong against a pass, he plays like a hacking wrapping physical force.

I'm sitting here in Orlando Florida watching the Panthers and the Patriots. the Panthers just took the lead by 4 points and Brady's got a minute left to march them and you know he's going to do it.

Last play 3 seconds left in the game Brady throws to Gronkowski in the endone, the refs couldn't throw the flag fast enough, to penalize Carolina which they should have, as Gronk was clearly held.

I felt like I was watching the Bills game all over again and the bills getting f***** on the last play of the game buy that p**** ass Brady.

the refs pick up the flag walk off the field, the game is over, Tom Brady chases after the referee F bombing all the way up the tunnel.

so the Patriots got !@#$ed on the last play of the game, it brought a smile to my face.

ESPN endlessly breaking down the picking up of the flag. I seem to remember a bit of that from the "just give it to em" game.

Seems to me like the NFL thinks the Patriots are the chosen ones, and the Bills are second class.

Until this glorious night. Pats fans: Feel it. Know it.

Can we officially put to rest the whining about 10 year old calls around here?

Grumpy-Cat-NO.jpg

Edited by Ralonzo

Can we officially put to rest the whining about 10 year old calls around here?

15 years old, as of this coming Saturday.

And no...that's still one of the two absolute worst call I've ever seen in football (the other being Vinnie Testaverde's touchdown from the 5 on a 4-yard QB sneak).

Brett Hull was in the !@#$ing crease, too.

Wow, that's bad.

But we don't have to go back 15 years, or even 10. How about just last week when EJ got picked right when Goodwin was shoved out of the way by a Steeler? I said then that the ball wasn't getting to Goodwin anyway - it was underthrown - but I also thought that if it was Brady throwing it to Gronk it would have been called PI. Guess I was wrong.

15 years old, as of this coming Saturday.

And no...that's still one of the two absolute worst call I've ever seen in football (the other being Vinnie Testaverde's touchdown from the 5 on a 4-yard QB sneak).

What made it so bad was that it was not one but TWO of the worst calls ever: first the phantom first down, then the PI on the Hail Mary that absolutely never gets called...except that one time.

Carolina outplayed them, and deserved to win the game, Gronk would have had to run though Keeks (who had position on him) to make that catch, the pass was underthrown, and it would have been a travesty to give them the ball on the one, after what amounted to a Hail Mary.

Plus, the Pats got plenty of help from the officials. I think it was the drive to tie the game, where the flags were flying, taking to Pats all the way to the endzone.

I wanted the first question for Belichick to be "How did you feel about the officiating on the drive in the 3rd quarter to tie the game?"

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

just finished the game and Kuechly was mauling Gronk, sorry that was obvious PI. Gronk couldn't make a play bc he was grossly interfered with.

Refs on the take again. Suspicious reffing happened i the Stanford game as well where the ball was short and they called it first down and the chain guys ran off the field like no tomorrow. And Kaepernic was not "well outside the tackle box"

dude ain't happy. This is going to be a spark for them. This loss will make them a better team. They ain't losing another game this regular season.

Until Sunday night, when the Broncos stomp them a new one on national television. That insurmountable AFCE lead is looking less so every week--too bad it's more likely the Fins or Nyets that will be able to take advantage.

Even if it was PI (which I'm not so sure about), they only need about 15 more of those games to go to even the karmic score over the years. I just had visions of that Ravens Monday nighter during the unbeaten season. Every time the Pats* got stopped on that final drive, out came the hanky. Good to see it finally catch up with those Cheaters*.....

Kuechly must be a bit of a choke artist. He grabbed Stevie at the end of the game vs us. If he really is the best ILB in the league then why does he need to interfere with these guys? If I'm playing the Panthers and it's a big play I'm throwing it over the middle every time

Definitely interference, but I think it would have been intercepted anyways, even if that guy turned his head towards the ball.

It would have been intercepted if Kuechly wasn't there at all. Gronk was running to the back of the end zone and the DB had already undercut him before any contact was made by Kuechly. Clearly Brady didn't put the ball where it needed to be for Gronk to have any chance at it.

For all the whining you hear about flags during most games, I'd think people would be happy to see the refs get together and agree that the flag thrown in error. Kudos to the refs for having the balls to pick it up.

And of course, huge bonus points for a Pats* loss that ends with Brady crying to the refs.