MNF Thread - Cam Newton vs. Tom Brady

boyst

822649387_medium.gif

where does gronk even begin to fight his way back up field?

from his first plant to turn back, to the interception he doesnt have a shot to take 3-4 steps up the field AND get by defenders, even if LK doesnt wrap up

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

822649387_medium.gif

That was my point, he doesn't, he just keeps running upfield. The DB realizes before Gronkowski that the ball is being underthrown, hence why he cuts in front of him. At that point the ball isn't catchable for Gronkowski.

That was my point, he doesn't, he just keeps running upfield. The DB realizes before Gronkowski that the ball is being underthrown, hence why he cuts in front of him. At that point the ball isn't catchable for Gronkowski.

from his first plant to change direction, to the interception he only had time for a single step - not nearly enough to make a play on the ball. he needed to pick the ball up a stride earlier and fight like hell if he were going to get that call.

from his first plant to change direction, to the interception he only had time for a single step - not nearly enough to make a play on the ball. he needed to pick the ball up a stride earlier and fight like hell if he were going to get that call.

]

Exactly. I said that in another thread. If he would have planted and attempted to come back to the ball and Kuechly impeaded that, then he would have got the PI call.

822649387_medium.gif

from his first plant to turn back, to the interception he doesnt have a shot to take 3-4 steps up the field AND get by defenders, even if LK doesnt wrap up

I agree with your premise if he had NOT thrown the flag, the ref in the RIGHT spot threw it. I am not saying the Pats win the game if the call is made but it at least should been one more play at the 12 yard line. If you look IMO closely he notices its going be underthrown almost as soon as the defender but is pushed back inmmediatly (and since he only had one foot planted was easily pushed back)

If no flag was thrown be easir to take, but the flag was thrown and either A. holding should have been called or b. PI should have been called.

Was a great game and both O rolled in the 2nd half.

Screw the stinking Pats*! They have nothing to say about what is/isn't pass interference after this gift they got in Week 10 last year!

gallery_370_53_99908.jpg

Anyone remember that BS call? Not only was Brandon Lloyd about 5 yards from the ball, Brady's pass was about 5 yards out of bounds, and STILL the ref threw a flag, :angry:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I agree with your premise if he had NOT thrown the flag, the ref in the RIGHT spot threw it. I am not saying the Pats win the game if the call is made but it at least should been one more play at the 12 yard line. If you look IMO closely he notices its going be underthrown almost as soon as the defender but is pushed back inmmediatly (and since he only had one foot planted was easily pushed back)

If no flag was thrown be easir to take, but the flag was thrown and either A. holding should have been called or b. PI should have been called.

Was a great game and both O rolled in the 2nd half.

he doesnt hold until the ball had essentially arrived. it has to be before brady threw it to get holding as a penalty.

its PI or nothing it looks like to me.

and i think the ref saw contact, threw the flag and pretty much immediately calls in the side judge to confer. especially on a game ender where players, coaches, and tv crews will be storming the field, i think its perfectly ok to toss the flag and go discuss the finer points.

Edited by NoSaint

Screw the stinking Pats*! They have nothing to say about what is/isn't pass interference after this gift they got in Week 10 last year!

Anyone remember that BS call? Not only was Brandon Lloyd about 5 yards from the ball, Brady's pass was about 5 yards out of bounds, and STILL the ref threw a flag, :angry:

PTR

so classic.

boo hoo the Putrids lost HUZZAH I say

Brady was clearly bitching to the ref as he leaves the field.

IIRC what I read earlier this AM

Brady post game comments to the press. I never saw what happened on the play .

lmao brady yelled at him then when he was done Mallett yelled at him lol It was classic. but everything I have heard (from hearing the former head of NFL refs) their could been an argument made the ball was not catchable BUT since the flag was thrown they should have stuck with the original call. (People forget no replay for this. and even on replay it looks like he was pushed back and kept from attempting make a play. this is Gronk so one step and dive = 4 steps for most people.)

I can't believe people are complaining that the Pat*s didn't get the call. Have you not watched this team over the past decade+? They would have to have every single call over the next 5 seasons go against them just to be even close to evening out the karma blessings they've received since the "tuck."

Always fun to see the Pats lose. Between this "non-call" and the first time ever in history call - in overtime on the Jets first FG miss- the Patriots have had the refs go against them in a couple huge situations this year. I guess Karma. I'd like to see a huge call go against them in a Bills game though.

Everyone is talking Gronk no call. IM pissed when they were on their 20 yard line with 50 seconds to go and on 3rd down. From my stand point, Brady threw an intentional grounding while the pressure was coming and he was in the pocket. I don't know why he didn't get that called against him? Can anyone explain to me, IM stupid!

Calls go both ways in today's game. No calls bad calls and missed calls. All those wrongs. Saying this offsets the Saints game may be fair. But its not right. Two wrongs don't make a right. Gronk is athletic enough and had slowed down enough he could have had a chance at that ball. For that reason it should have been called. Panthers fans were irate we got the Steve johnson keuxhlholding call

Calls go both ways in today's game. No calls bad calls and missed calls. All those wrongs. Saying this offsets the Saints game may be fair. But its not right. Two wrongs don't make a right. Gronk is athletic enough and had slowed down enough he could have had a chance at that ball. For that reason it should have been called. Panthers fans were irate we got the Steve johnson keuxhlholding call

how would he have gotten through both LK and the safety, even without LKs contact? if he were in the open field with no defenders maybe he gets to the ball at a lower point in its trajectory but i dont see how the physics of him getting past the guy that made the interception to make a catch himself could happen?

Edited by NoSaint