Fan fell from 300 level to 200 level

Luvbills

The prosecuting attorney would have the burden of proving intent to injure, that it wasn't an accident. Honestly, does anyone really think that guy slid down that banister with the intent to hurt someone else?

No but that it was incredibly foreseeable is an issue. I didn't really read up on what he was charged with but it's not shocking that he would try to defend himself as just a stupid goofball that could be the son or brother that just got carried away of many of the jury members.... Maybe find some leniency out of it.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you won't prosecute the driver/owner of S Shore Beach Club for running down a pedestrian in her SUV then everyone should walk for everything

Jury trial for misdemeanors???

Edited by MarkyMannn

The prosecuting attorney would have the burden of proving intent to injure, that it wasn't an accident. Honestly, does anyone really think that guy slid down that banister with the intent to hurt someone else?

Negligence.

The fact he was caught on video repeating this many times doesn't help his case.

@WGRZ

BREAKING: Falling #Bills fan Robert Hopkins found guilty of both misdemeanor assault and reckless endangerment.

@kellydudzikWGRZ

Hopkins now faces up to a yr in jail. @WGRZ

Shocker. Thanks for wasting the resources Robert Hopkins. Not sure why he thought he needed a jury trial. He won't take accountability for his own actions, so we'll do it for you.

Here's the News article.

“I really didn’t think anything was going to happen or go wrong. ... I did not think that I was going to fall.”

And, now he's saying that he wasn't drunk (after he said he was). If he's 29 years old and going down that pole at least 5 times, he better be friggin hammered.................Otherwise, he's the biggest moron that ever lived.:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/courts/bills-fan-found-guilty-in-stadium-fall-case-20140617

I'm no lawyer, but you have to wonder why he took the trial instead of pleading to (possibly) some lesser charge that probably wouldn't have included jail time. Compounded with the fact that the defense called his sister to the stand (who freaking admitted she told him to stop), this whole thing made no sense. He took some really bad advice there.