Dear EJ,

alias

First of all, I hope you are not reading Two Bills Drive today. But if you are, I hope you understand that when you read less-than-flattering thoughts about "EJ", you should not take those remarks personally.

Those remarks are not directed at a person named EJ, but at the current placeholder of a position -- QB of our Buffalo Bills. It's a position of importance around here.

Not one of EJ's detractors wishes EJ anything less than the best in football and in life at large. Our abrupt judgments are born of long-festering frustrations that leave us irritable and impatient. Many of these frustrations were born before you were.

We are, every one of us, pulling for you. We are cheering for you. We are praying you prove us wrong.

May the good Lord shine His light on you.

First of all, I hope you are not reading Two Bills Drive today. But if you are, I hope you understand that when you read less-than-flattering thoughts about "EJ", you should not take those remarks personally.

Those remarks are not directed at a person named EJ, but at the current placeholder of a position -- QB of our Buffalo Bills. It's a position of importance around here.

Not one of EJ's detractors wishes EJ anything less than the best in football and in life at large. Our abrupt judgments are born of long-festering frustrations that leave us irritable and impatient. Many of these frustrations were born before you were.

We are, every one of us, pulling for you. We are cheering for you. We are praying you prove us wrong.

:lol: .................... :thumbsup:

Great post and that is certainly the truth. Everybody that posts on this board, aside from trolls, wants EJ to succeed in every possible way. When it comes down to it, we havent had a franchise qb since Jim Kelly retired in 1996. We are WAYYYY overdue for one. EJ, please keep improving and become that guy.

Great post and that is certainly the truth. Everybody that posts on this board, aside from trolls, wants EJ to succeed in every possible way. When it comes down to it, we havent had a franchise qb since Jim Kelly retired in 1996. We are WAYYYY overdue for one. EJ, please keep improving and become that guy.

EJ, please "START" improving and become that guy.

One edit....

Sorry, I'm still annoyed with the showing yesterday.

I hate it for him but the honeymoon is over. We need to see results.

Getting in before the thread is locked.

Dear EJ, You're not a child anymore. You're getting paid MILLIONS of $$$, and you were a 1st round pick, so of course a LOT is expected of you. Yes, by all means, all Bills fans want you to be the next "franchise" QB. But, if you don't turn it around very quickly, and at least show us some marked improvement very soon, we will be calling for your head. Step up, perform accordingly, or get treated the same way as any other pretender to the QB position. This is reality. Good Luck!

I'm sorry, but if EJ doesn't have the character to weather the opinions of a bunch of fans on a message board then he should hang it up now. Heck, he shouldn't have even made it this far.

Actually I've been impressed that the vast majority of fans have held to discussing his play or just venting in generalities. I don't think I've seen anyone get personal. That would be over the line.

If he shouln!t take it personally how should he take it? Who should be held

accountable for his performance yesterday, and has anyone anywhere graded his

performance better than a D?

Maybe if people would be held accountable for the last 14 years, we wouln!t be

where we are today.

This is nice.... but I guarantee he has no idea TBD exists and is working on preparing for the Jets.

I'm sorry, but if EJ doesn't have the character to weather the opinions of a bunch of fans on a message board then he should hang it up now. Heck, he shouldn't have even made it this far.

Actually I've been impressed that the vast majority of fans have held to discussing his play or just venting in generalities. I don't think I've seen anyone get personal. That would be over the line.

Pretty sure he wouldn't spend time on message boards...

Well, he should know that his performance was easily one of the most pathetic I've seen from a hope of a franchise. Even Tuel throws behond 7 yards and connects. 10 drive starts end with 9 punts and a pick. Wow. He should also know he has the rest of the year to show he's the guy. If he plays like he did Sunday, let's hope there is another qb we can take with our top 5 draft pick.

Getting in before the thread is locked.

Dear EJ, You're not a child anymore. You're getting paid MILLIONS of $$$, and you were a 1st round pick, so of course a LOT is expected of you. Yes, by all means, all Bills fans want you to be the next "franchise" QB. But, if you don't turn it around very quickly, and at least show us some marked improvement very soon, we will be calling for your head. Step up, perform accordingly, or get treated the same way as any other pretender to the QB position. This is reality. Good Luck!

Thank you. I'm laughing at all these people afraid of EJ's confidence being "shaken" by the negativity.

Many of the best players in the NFL were told constantly that they weren't good enough, and couldn't cut it. Instead of curling into a ball, they worked harder than ever to be great.

That's absolutely what I expect from Manuel. And if he doesn't have that attitude, I would rather he implodes quickly so that we can cut bait ASAP.

EJ---I dare you to tell Marquise to run down the field as fast as he can...and then you throw the ball as far as you can...and just see what happens. that is much better than throwing him a 3 yard pass that he has to dive for on 3rd and 4.