Bills in Primetime

DC Greg

I hope everyone enjoyed the Vikings game last night, because not only are they on Sunday Night Football this week, but they're on Thursday Night in Week 10.

Thank you, NFL!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all teams get a Thursday night game every year.

Right. How else could the Bills and Browns make a primetime games let alone play one another. The execs must have been like let's get rid of our obligation to televise these teams on one night and cut our losses.

As a season ticket holder, I hate the night games......disrupts the standard setup of many fans who build their attendance around the 1pm Sunday timing. Lots of folks have to work the next day, and they pass on the event. Also, later in the schedule, its a lot colder and less desirable. I left my Miami tickets in the drawer last year (that was Thursday night if you recall) Traffic is a mess because many attendees were gifted the tickets and don't know how to go to/fro0m the stadium. But, I know, none of this prime time scheduling gives a rat about the fans in attendance....they are truely an afterthought when it comes to TV planning. I will say this, I watched the phins/Bills game on Sunday, and the stands there were VERY empty.....wondering whats going on there.

As a season ticket holder, I hate the night games......disrupts the standard setup of many fans who build their attendance around the 1pm Sunday timing. Lots of folks have to work the next day, and they pass on the event. Also, later in the schedule, its a lot colder and less desirable. I left my Miami tickets in the drawer last year (that was Thursday night if you recall) Traffic is a mess because many attendees were gifted the tickets and don't know how to go to/fro0m the stadium. But, I know, none of this prime time scheduling gives a rat about the fans in attendance....they are truely an afterthought when it comes to TV planning. I will say this, I watched the phins/Bills game on Sunday, and the stands there were VERY empty.....wondering whats going on there.

Miami fans are horrible, that's what's going on there! They can never sell that place out. Thursday night game at the Ralph last year was an absolute warzone. As was Cleveland a few years before. We had an awesome time, but it wasn't exactly what I would call a family friendly environment. I definitely understand why ownership or whoever else doesn't want night games at home. It's just debauchery at that place sometimes.

I think maybe 8-8 or 7-9 with some more exciting finishes might get us one next year. Though it's not particularly loud, there is some national buzz about this team. People outside WNY are starting to notice Kiko and the defense, and EJ is a potential story line for the media. I agree Geno has a little more sensationalism to him, but I still think they are high on EJ too. Living in DC I would just love a game in primetime.

Forget pm. I'd be happy with just a few games on TV.

We haven't had one in Atlanta except for TNF. The Steelers have literally been on EVERY freaking week.

Mindless programming.

They had a 4:30 game against the Ravens last week.

this is particularly true for the many out of town season ticket holders, whom I think 50% of the season ticket holders are.

Miami fans are terrible. Florida sports fans in general are bad w/ the exception of College Football. Look at how well the Rays do on a consistent basis, yet no one goes to the games.

I hope not. my favorite time to watch the bills is 1 pm on sundays

I'm the opposite. I live for seeing the Bills either play Sunday night or Monday night. They call it primetime for a reason.

What better way to have the whole continent know about our team? I don't even remember the last time we played a Sunday night game. We all know the schedule makers hate the Bills but damn. At least make it a conspiracy where people can be for or against. In the Bills' case, they make it OBVIOUS that they hate us. The stats of never playing in them proves it.

Also, later in the schedule, its a lot colder and less desirable.

I went to a Sunday Night Game vs the Broncos in December in 2005 and it was freezing cold. 20 degrees I think it was and at night. And we had to watch Kelly Holcomb! Actually I liked Kelly, but man was it cold.

I'm the opposite. I live for seeing the Bills either play Sunday night or Monday night. They call it primetime for a reason.

What better way to have the whole continent know about our team? I don't even remember the last time we played a Sunday night game. We all know the schedule makers hate the Bills but damn. At least make it a conspiracy where people can be for or against. In the Bills' case, they make it OBVIOUS that they hate us. The stats of never playing in them proves it.

I would prefer to wait until they are better. Watching the bad game the Bills and fish played Sunday during prime time would be as embarrassing as the Giants Vikings game was last night for their fans.

Lots of folks have to work every Sunday! like me! so when the games are later, or on different days in primetime, I get to watch them! live for that matter! I watched teh Miami game at 5pm...no biggie but then I don't get to watch any 4pm games....also, sometimes i'm stuck at work and I don't get to watch the game until midnight! primetime games are fun, to go to as well! The Miami game last year in B'Lo was one of the most fun times I've ever had at the Ralph! btw...there is a new rule that started last season, where EVERY team has to have at least one primetime game, so it might not be a Thursday or Sunday, but could be a Monday, or just a Sunday and not Thursday or Monday etc...

I guess I still have nightmares from the Monday nighter against dallas in 07 and new England in 09. it just seems like the bills always find a way too choke when the lights are bright

I would prefer to wait until they are better. Watching the bad game the Bills and fish played Sunday during prime time would be as embarrassing as the Giants Vikings game was last night for their fans.

Even when our team was bad, we usually showed up big time for the night games. Win or lose, they were enjoyable to watch. The thursday night game we had this year maybe not so much but it had it's moments...

how far in advance does nbc have to schedule the flex game? I could see maybe bills miami if we're both in contention but probably not a national draw. But if we win 2 of next 3 could they flex the jets game the week before?

Its usually at least a week

When does flex scheduling start?

Edited by Captain Hindsight

9 wins gets us to Monday. Hate to say it if we drafted Geno we'd be there with 7 wins. Classic NFL arm plus you never know what he is going to do. Good TV.

We Have Kiko! And he is a legend like none other, that alone may get us in prime time! :thumbsup:

how far in advance does nbc have to schedule the flex game? I could see maybe bills miami if we're both in contention but probably not a national draw. But if we win 2 of next 3 could they flex the jets game the week before?

I believe that game is far from sold out and moving ti Sunday night wouldn't help with that meaning blacked out in WNY.

"Just win baby", to quote Al Davis -- you win and you will be on as much as the other teams mentioned --- you win, your players become stars -- all of a sudden, Mario, Dareus, Kiko, Stevie and EJ are national storylines --- we've seen the tip of the iceberg several times over the past 13 non-playoff seasons when the Bills have a strong start or a couple surprising wins --- if Bills win, primetime games will come --- just ask other small market teams ----

IMHO, if Bills finish 7-9 or 8-8, they might get a MNF game to go with a Thursday night, especially if network execs are buying into EJ as true franchise QB ----