Bills in Primetime

DC Greg

Just watching this mess of a Monday night game and wondering if anyone thinks the Bills might get a nod for a real prime time game next season (Sunday or Monday night, most likely on the road of course). You'd never know it by watching network or ESPN coverage this year, but most of our games this year have been pretty entertaining. Even the Browns game was better than most Thursday night games so far...

Any chance we might get one at home??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim chance of Monday night, definitely not Sunday night barring a late season run that makes us relevant next year.

Sunday night seems to have taken over with the better games the last few years

More than likely we will just get stuck on a Thursday vs the raiders

Edited by FluffHead

Just watching this mess of a Monday night game and wondering if anyone thinks the Bills might get a nod for a real prime time game next season (Sunday or Monday night, most likely on the road of course). You'd never know it by watching network or ESPN coverage this year, but most of our games this year have been pretty entertaining. Even the Browns game was better than most Thursday night games so far...

Any chance we might get one at home??

I hope not. my favorite time to watch the bills is 1 pm on sundays

Since they have been bad for so long, they have been left of the list of teams that get Monday and Sunday night exposure as tgey should. But this particular team is entertaining emough to warrant a prime time game. If they surprise everyone and win a ton if games and have a shot at the playoffs, they may get cherry picked for a late season prime time game. If they continue to show promise, then next year I bet they get a Monday it Sunday.

Bills always play exciting games in prime time. This year's clowns game was exciting as was last years Fish game. 2007's cowboys Monday Niter was epic. 2008's Clown Monday Niter was a very good game as well. The opener against the Patsies with Leodis' 2 fumbles was also a very good game whatever year that was. 2009 I think.

If the NFL wants good games in prime time I'd think our games would be good candidates. But it's more about high profile teams with big name QBs it seems. Cowboys aren't good and haven't been good, yet they have games. The Giants stunk last year and they have games.

If we go 8-8 I'd think we get a game.

Bills always play exciting games in prime time. This year's clowns game was exciting as was last years Fish game. 2007's cowboys Monday Niter was epic. 2008's Clown Monday Niter was a very good game as well. The opener against the Patsies with Leodis' 2 fumbles was also a very good game whatever year that was. 2009 I think.

If the NFL wants good games in prime time I'd think our games would be good candidates. But it's more about high profile teams with big name QBs it seems. Cowboys aren't good and haven't been good, yet they have games. The Giants stunk last year and they have games.

If we go 8-8 I'd think we get a game.

Its all about winning. you win, you are on TV, lose , everyone forgets about you.

Hate to say it if we drafted Geno we'd be there with 7 wins. Classic NFL arm plus you never know what he is going to do. Good TV.

Really? Don't let the facts get in the way of your bad assumption: The Jets are winning in-spite of Geno, not because of him . . . it has way more to do with their Defense than their turn-over machine QB

Week 11 currently has Packers/Giants scheduled for Sunday Night. I could see Jets/Bills being flexed in there if we keep playing well.

I looked at that as well... KC vs Denver is slated right now as a 4pm start that day, and Fox has the doubleheader...so i will almost guarantee that game is flexed.

The only other game that i could in any way see being flexed is if we are in a situation where we win the division with a win at Foxboro, and loss would keep the Pats* out of the playoffs.

No flex this year...which is great cause i HATE night games

Edited by plenzmd1

Regarding primetime scheduling - I don't think the team's record is as much of a factor as star power and name recognition of an individual team member.

The media wants to focus on a personality. They want a story line.

Put Tebow on the team (not that I'd want that move) and the Bills get 2 prime time games.

Prime time is geared towards the lowest common denominator: casual fans, semi-disinterested girlfriends of football fans at bars, etc.

Cindy and Ashley sitting at the bar won't turn away from their conversation about nails and hair when the broadcasters are describing the Arizona Cardinals latest roster move, but show Tebow, Manning, Rogers, or some name they recognize from Dancing with the Stars and they'll be all ears and tuned in when the Budweiser commercial follows.

Sunday afternoon is for the hardcore fans.

The Bills don't have any "household name" players and haven't had any since "T.O." was on the team. Outside of Buffalo, Bills games aren't a "must see" event.

Considering their post-Kelly/Levy history in primetime, I'm fine with Sunday afternoon only.