Bills one game out of the final WC spot

dubs

There's a long LONG way to go but I'm pretty satisfied with the progress of this team. That was a game we haven't won in a while. A road, division, win against a decent team.

By my calc we are 1 game back of the final WC spot. Lots of teams in that mix and it's early, but it's nice.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. No need to get crazy here. Just looked at the standings and saw three teams ahead of Buffalo for the WC. The Jets, the Chargers, and the Dolphins. None of these teams are great and we still have the jets and fins at home.

We will likely be 7.5 point road dogs vs Saints. Beat em on the road & we're in business.

+12.5 dogs next week @ New Orleans. Next weeks game is the type of game I'd give the Bills of the last 14 years absolutely no chance to win. I still don't expect to win, but we'll see if Marrone and co. can at least make it competitive. This games got 34-17 written all over it though.

What Buffalo needs.....

1. NE loss to Miami

2. Jets loss to Miami

3. Buffalo beat the Jets and Miami both in Buffalo....

Then if Buffalo is one game behind New England going into the final game of the year they win --they win the division title.

reason---they split head to head with NE, their division record 4-2 vs 3-3.

If Miami beats New England next week, buffalo beats New Oreleans, Jets lose to Cincinati then Buffalo controls their own fate...they win out they win the division no matter what.

I am rooting for Cincinati to win the AFC North and Denver to win the AFC West then Buffalo would have the tiebreaker edge on KC (by beating them) and Baltimore due to head to head wins.

If they can be in 2nd place in the division they have a very good shot at a WC.

What Buffalo needs.....

1. NE loss to Miami

2. Jets loss to Miami

3. Buffalo beat the Jets and Miami both in Buffalo....

Then if Buffalo is one game behind New England going into the final game of the year they win --they win the division title.

reason---they split head to head with NE, their division record 4-2 vs 3-3.

If Miami beats New England next week, buffalo beats New Oreleans, Jets lose to Cincinati then Buffalo controls their own fate...they win out they win the division no matter what.

I am rooting for Cincinati to win the AFC North and Denver to win the AFC West then Buffalo would have the tiebreaker edge on KC (by beating them) and Baltimore due to head to head wins.

If they can be in 2nd place in the division they have a very good shot at a WC.

If the queen had balls she'd be king.

If the queen had balls she'd be king.

While the attempt at humor is always appreciated, it's misused in this case. If someone said something to the effect of, "if we'd only have beaten the Bengals and Browns we'd be in the last WC spot" it would make more sense.

While the attempt at humor is always appreciated, it's misused in this case. If someone said something to the effect of, "if we'd only have beaten the Bengals and Browns we'd be in the last WC spot" it would make more sense.

Seems like the correct use to me. IF: Bills beat the Bengals and Browns, IF: the Bills win out, IF: the queen had balls. All possible scenarios except (1) didn't happen, (2)+(3) possible to happen, but 99.9...% chance it isn't going to.

Edited by kdub

There's a long LONG way to go but I'm pretty satisfied with the progress of this team. That was a game we haven't won in a while. A road, division, win against a decent team.

By my calc we are 1 game back of the final WC spot. Lots of teams in that mix and it's early, but it's nice.

Not relevant. This season is not about playoffs. Never was. Be happy they are getting healthy ;if FJ and CJ recover, we may actually get a change to see what we have in second half of the season when EJ is back