Bills one game out of the final WC spot

dubs

Seems like the correct use to me. IF: Bills beat the Bengals and Browns, IF: the Bills win out, IF: the queen had balls. All possible scenarios except (1) didn't happen, (2)+(3) possible to happen, but 99.9...% chance it isn't going to.

Eh, maybe. It was late and I was sick if listening to the word Manning!

One is an event that happened in the past and one is a future event.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's too early for playoff talk

BUT

we are near the half way point in the season.

Yes, way too early. If we could have made one or two more plays vs CLE, or CIN.... Anyway, if teams get to the halfway point at 4-4, history shows they have a chance at the postseason. Any less than 4-4 the chances drop off dramatically. Unfortunately our next game at NO looks daunting and is just about a sure loss.

Next week is the toughest game left on the sched. Rest of the season are all winnable games.

I've thought for awhile now (meaning even before the season got going...I was a little more optimistic a few weeks ago at 1-1) that if we can get to 4-5 we could make up some ground in the second half of the season.

If (IF) we get to 4-5 I think it is reasonable to think this team can finish this season with a winning record of 9-7...10-6 if I am being really optimistic.

Yes, way too early. If we could have made one or two more plays vs CLE, or CIN.... Anyway, if teams get to the halfway point at 4-4, history shows they have a chance at the postseason. Any less than 4-4 the chances drop off dramatically. Unfortunately our next game at NO looks daunting and is just about a sure loss.

even 3-6 is workable for a WC spot in some divisions

NO, KC seem to the the only truly tough teams and I'm not sold on KC. Many on the schedule have ???? or have been playing very poorly.

IMHO the NE Putz are falling apart and have been lucky to win 5 games.

the optimists in me thinks so.. yet when I watch I can be a pessimist.

Its only a game on TV and I've learned to not get emotional week to week.

Lets look at their schedule prior to week 17.....

Home: Chiefs, Jets, Falcons (Tor), and Fins

--Chiefs---Bills know them very well having played them in consecutive years since 2008 (??) where they eaither won or lost in very close games. Im not sold on them. The only above .500 team they have beaten was Dallas who may not be as strong as their 4-3 record indicates. since 3 wins came aginst fellow division teams.

--Falcons--the team seems very beatable this year unless something big time changes. Was this last years Falcons--id say no.

Away: Saints, Steelers, Bucs, and Jags

Lets say they go 3-1 both at Home and on the road you are talking 9-6 going into the game at New England which would mean a very realistic shot at a WC spot with a 10-6 record.

--Bucs and Jags---should win both.

--Steelers---even though they won this past week Im still not convinced with them.

--Saints---they will be the most difficult opponent they have left until week 17. Can they beat them--yes. If they lose they are in no way out of it.

There's a long LONG way to go but I'm pretty satisfied with the progress of this team. That was a game we haven't won in a while. A road, division, win against a decent team.

By my calc we are 1 game back of the final WC spot. Lots of teams in that mix and it's early, but it's nice.

i think it's more likely we lose the next 4 in a row than it is we get anywhere near a wildcard spot.

Now this is hard.... If Manuel didn't go out in the Browns game we would have probably won, even if he did get hurt, if Thad was our backup QB ( instead of Tuel) we might have won! Bengals game id Stevie was on the field we probably would have won. ( Thad wouldn't have been throwing to Hogan). If Gilmore or Mckelvin player we could have beat the Jets! We would have been in first place!

I know this is a lot of maybe's but I think that we would have won these games. Anyone else have a thought on this?

Edited by Braedenstearns

Now this is hard.... If Manuel didn't go out in the Browns game we would have probably won, even if he did get hurt, if Thad was our backup QB ( instead of Tuel) we might have won! Bengals game id Stevie was on the field we probably would have won. ( Thad wouldn't have been throwing to Hogan). If Gilmore or Mckelvin player we could have beat the Jets! We would have been in first place!

I know this is a lot of maybe's but I think that we would have won these games. Anyone else have a thought on this?

In each game...a play here/there this team could 5-2 or better.

New England---defense was tired on the late FG drive to win it. If they didnt have Amendola in that game Buffalo likely wins.

Jets---healthy Cbs would have prevented at least two of the 4 long pass plays they were successful doing which would have eliminated points and likely made it a 20-20 game. Especially that long passmid way through the 4th quarter when it was 20-20.

Browns---no injured Manuel, or having a decent backup in that game they likely come back and take the lead for 31-30 and not a pick 6 for 37-24.

Bengals---there was a long pass play that PI should have been called that would have put Buffalo in FG range which then puts them ahead. Other big decision was the failed 4th down from the 1.

take 2 of those and flip them then they are 5-2 instead of 3-4.

I think my original point was that I'm fairly happy with where the bills are as opposed to starting to think the Bills are serious contenders for a playoffs spot.

However, they do legitimately have a shot.

The thing is I really feel like this team has a different mindset than prior teams. That strip sack by Mario is a play we've seen good teams make and make against the Bills for a decade. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. It's a very significant step in the right direction. Helps this young team learn how to win.