Mario Williams deserves props

Everything he did in the game and that's what u concentrate on? How many other defenders missed Tannehill on that play?

Give Tannehill credit for keeping play alive but Bills wouldn't have won without Mario today.

Completely ridiculous statement

the dude was chasing him hard, and tried to get him

Sarcasm.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annnnnd this is a good example of why I basically have left this board. What a !@#$ing clown show.

Maybe Mario isn't worth the huge contract (is anyone?), but for !@#$s sake, he's playing some damned good ball.

In all fairness to the board, it is only 2 very vocal and persistent posters who have made this thread a clown show.

If you put them on ignore then I think you'll find the show to be a lot less clownish.

Bruce got most of his sacks on running plays.

Now THIS made me laugh out loud. Much needed after reading the drivel around here that passes for intelligent observation of the game. Much appreciated, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Mario's first sack tool a FG off the board for the fish.

Mario's second sack won the game.

That is the definition of a difference maker.

On the third platy of the game, williams threw the ot aside like a rag doll and just about got to tannehill. Tannehill rushed his throw, and robey picked it off. He had 2 other great pressures in the first half that didn't end in sacks but which blew up plays - one at around miami's own 2 and one on third and 12 when the dolphins were at around the bills 40 yard line.

Now THIS made me laugh out loud. Much needed after reading the drivel around here that passes for intelligent observation of the game. Much appreciated, too.

GO BILLS!!!

#thelegendofbrucesmith

I think Mario should start tweeting them.

Joe B is awful and is a "know it all" who watches lots of film but I'm sure has never played a down in his life. He's a Monday morning qb who thinks he knows football cause he watches the all 22 all week long

Very good. Inclined to agree.

Props? He finally earned his paycheck in a divisional game. I'll give props to Freddie Jackson - he played hurt all game and is the true leader of this team. Mario now has 2 sacks and a forced fumble in 9 AFC East games since joining the bills. (1 sack one FF today)... He was virtually invisible until the 4th quarter.......

Really? Cause it was his pressure that caused Tannehill to throw the ball before he wanted to on Robey's pick six...that was what? Three plays into the game? Just saying...

Edited by matter2003

Joe Buscaglia basically said the same thing on the John Murphy show and that guy watches more film than anyone. I don't hate Mario I just don't see the greatness and when he leaves this team it won't make a difference one way or the other.

...odd comment considering he made THE difference today.

On the third platy of the game, williams threw the ot aside like a rag doll and just about got to tannehill. Tannehill rushed his throw, and robey picked it off. He had 2 other great pressures in the first half that didn't end in sacks but which blew up plays - one at around miami's own 2 and one on third and 12 when the dolphins were at around the bills 40 yard line.

I agree. On the interception Mario clearly effected the throw.

I figured I'd just mention too indisputable plays for the knuckle heads that want to focus their jealousy on Mario's contract.

Would I be wrong saying jj watt and aldon - currently lacking consistency- smith are the only two players with more sacks since his signing? I think he passed Von - literally invisible this year- miller today

Edited by NoSaint

Underrated part of the strip sack. Jerry Hughes absolutely destroyed Daniel Thomas on that play. Got him up in the air and basically threw him into Tannehill's lap so he had no escape route. I know the Bills only had 2 sacks today but they did and EXCELLENT job of keeping Tannehill contained so he couldn't hurt them with his legs.

Props? He finally earned his paycheck in a divisional game. I'll give props to Freddie Jackson - he played hurt all game and is the true leader of this team. Mario now has 2 sacks and a forced fumble in 9 AFC East games since joining the bills. (1 sack one FF today)... He was virtually invisible until the 4th quarter.......

If you knew the statistical definition of a sack it would go a long way, because stripping the ball from the QB is a sack. Find me a defensive lineman that dominates on every play of every game because from where I'm sitting Mario has been absolutely phenomenal.

4 sack game against an NFC team (he had a multiple sack game last year in Arizona). He needs to play more consistently within the division. "Super" Mario gave Tannehill one last shot because he couldn't wrap him up the last play of the game...."Elite" players have another sack there and don't give the other team a chance to win. That was a bigtime whiff.

He had his arms around the QB and he still got away - you mean to tell me Tannehill is stronger than super Mario?? Can't be.

wrist injury lol! - when Mario doesn't perform he always finds an excuse.

Dammit. I got trolled because nobody can be this stupid.

If you knew the statistical definition of a sack it would go a long way, because stripping the ball from the QB is a sack. Find me a defensive lineman that dominates on every play of every game because from where I'm sitting Mario has been absolutely phenomenal.

Dammit. I got trolled because nobody can be this stupid.

I'm not comparing the two because one is a HoFer and one is still playing but I really don't remember people dissecting Bruce Smith's games this way. I really don't. He wasn't lights out every week. Far from it.

I'm not comparing the two because one is a HoFer and one is still playing but I really don't remember people dissecting Bruce Smith's games this way. I really don't. He wasn't lights out every week. Far from it.

That team would've suffered greatly in the Internet age. As is the memory remains untarnished. Winning cures a lot but can you imagine what this place would've been like with some of the personalities and troubles around that squad?