Matt Flynn on flight to Buffalo, (update - now signed)

Punch

I know our playbook from watching the games.

We have 1 run up the middle, a sweep for CJ, one pass to the TE in the flat, the read option and I think that is about it.... :bag:

Shhhhh... :ph34r:

But really, does Flynn really fit in the system? I mean, wouldnt you want backup qbs that can just jump in and run the same plays as though the ofense was designed around them? Doesn't our preseason of Kolb and Leinart and then this past week provide ammunition for that opinion? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Manuel, Thad, and Dixon should be our slingers.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhhhh... :ph34r:

But really, does Flynn really fit in the system? I mean, wouldnt you want backup qbs that can just jump in and run the same plays as though the ofense was designed around them? Doesn't our preseason of Kolb and Leinart and then this past week provide ammunition for that opinion? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Manuel, Thad, and Dixon should be our slingers.

They should be, but with Manuel on the shelf and Thad day-to-day, and Dixon getting here less than a week ago... they went and signed the best available in their minds. At least the guy was in a training camp and has been with a team and active, not like VY or some of these other guys sitting on a couch. I get that he has made a lot of money for very little production, but that's not his fault.

You are in the minority with that I'd bet.

There, I fixed it to what you should have posted. :thumbsup:

Did tebow bang your sister or something?

You have irrational hate against him. You take every possible opportunity to go on a vendetta anytime someone mentions his name. Its obsessive creepy.

We have built an impressive list of burn out qbs we have ripped through in just the past 2-3 years.

I'm sure in the future we could add Brady Quinn, Sam bradford, mark sanchez, jimmy clauson or Christian ponder to our list. Lol

Did tebow bang your sister or something?

You have irrational hate against him. You take every possible opportunity to go on a vendetta anytime someone mentions his name. Its obsessive creepy.

We have built an impressive list of burn out qbs we have ripped through in just the past 2-3 years.

I'm sure in the future we could add Brady Quinn, Sam bradford, mark sanchez, jimmy clauson or Christian ponder to our list. Lol

Now there's a grown up question. :lol:

I have no hate for Tim Tebow. It's just my opinion that he has no business being on any NFL roster as a QB. Apparently I'm irrational like all 32 NFL GMs.

Sorry for talking about your boy Mrs. Tebow. :rolleyes:

Bills certainly aren't going to keep 5 QBs going forward. Manuel is a given. Lewis looks safe based on his performance against Cleveland. That means that 1 or 2 of Tuel, Flynn and Dixon are going to be cut. Who's it going to be?

Bills certainly aren't going to keep 5 QBs going forward. Manuel is a given. Lewis looks safe based on his performance against Cleveland. That means that 1 or 2 of Tuel, Flynn and Dixon are going to be cut. Who's it going to be?

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Flynn goes bye bye after EJ's return to health. No need to make any move with Dixon since he's on the Practice Squad.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Flynn goes bye bye after EJ's return to health. No need to make any move with Dixon since he's on the Practice Squad.

Could be. Everyone's on an audition.

I could see Tuel being gone.

Honestly, if you had told me that we were going to have Flynn, Dixon and Lewis in camp this past summer with EJ, I would have thought it was a great situation. I fail to see why that's much different than now. That Dixon can stay on the PS so we can keep all 4 is just gravy, because as it turns out QB injuries are frequent enough that we need that many, and that means 4 QBs with some halfway-decently successful NFL games under their belt.

Honestly, if you had told me that we were going to have Flynn, Dixon and Lewis in camp this past summer with EJ, I would have thought it was a great situation. I fail to see why that's much different than now. That Dixon can stay on the PS so we can keep all 4 is just gravy, because as it turns out QB injuries are frequent enough that we need that many, and that means 4 QBs with some halfway-decently successful NFL games under their belt.

If the Bills did waive Tuel, do you think another team would claim him? I'm thinking no.

If the Bills did waive Tuel, do you think another team would claim him? I'm thinking no.

Nope. That's why I could see him gone. You shouldn't part with assets, but I don't believe anyone is thinking Tuel is a diamond in the rough right now. The assets are guys who have actually played a few decent downs in the NFL. Tuel looked like a man totally unprepared for the possibility that he would play in a game.

Nope. That's why I could see him gone. You shouldn't part with assets, but I don't believe anyone is thinking Tuel is a diamond in the rough right now. The assets are guys who have actually played a few decent downs in the NFL. Tuel looked like a man totally unprepared for the possibility that he would play in a game.

I agree with you and I'm surprised the Bills didn't waive him when they picked up Flynn. Seems like a wasted spot on the 53 to me much like carrying Hopkins for too long.

I think that Tuel is thinking the same thing which is why he asked to speak to Marrone. I definitely think that Tuel or Flynn will be cut when EJ comes back.

watching his press conference, i don't think his attitude matches up with the bills mentality. we have a good thing going in the locker room and i think the players have unified, bringing a lot of heart to this team even after a 2-4 start.

i get a positive feeling listening to the other 52 guys on the roster answer questions (even byrd who i think is just embarrassed by his contract disputes, not a bad teammate), but i just dont like this Flynn guy .

I just hope Flynns game with the Raiders was a fluke and not his one with GB.

Did you watch his GB game? It's on YouTube. He didn't do anything impressive. I really don't understand the hype. I think Thad's game Sunday was more impressive.

Mat Flynn parlayed one Monday Night Football start into MILLIONS of $'s, MILLIONS. I'm not mad at him. Well played, sir. He is a terrible starting QB option though. ;)

He sure did. Nothing since then. BTW, why Flynn on the active roster and not Dixon as next weeks backup?