Stevie = Kaleta as far as refs are concerned

GG

If there was any doubt that refs call penalties differently depending on who's doing the act, last two weeks removed it for me for good.

Stevie gets the flag for doing the jet flight & pistol shot in the endzone - Deshaun Jackson doesn't get one for a salsa dance & kick in the endzone.

Stevie gets a personal foul for mouthing off to a DB after a PI call - Hakeem Nicks doesn't get one for headbutting a DB after a PI call.

I know part of it is sour grapes, but can we at least get some consistency?

Stevie got a penalty for his mock Jets celebration cuz he went to the ground during his little dance. He got the penalty for the mock Plaxico celebration because he simulated a gun / gunfire. Those are expressed no nos in the rulebook. Its not cuz the refs dont like Stevie or the Bills.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

If Brady took the same shot to the knee that Manuel took, what do you think would have happened?

There's your answer.

Big penalty if there was a shot like that to Brady. However, Brady would never dash for three extra yards after a first down when there are defenders everywhere and out of bounds is a side step away.

Stevie got a penalty for his mock Jets celebration cuz he went to the ground during his little dance. He got the penalty for the mock Plaxico celebration because he simulated a gun / gunfire. Those are expressed no nos in the rulebook. Its not cuz the refs dont like Stevie or the Bills.

I don't understand why "going to the ground" is some kind of line you cross over. Don't the guys kneeling in prayer go to the ground too?

It was all in the same celebration :thumbsup:

I think he did the Plaxico dance first. When he got up from falling down he proceeded to do the Santonio Holmes impersonation and then fell down again.

Edited by H2o

The weird thing is that during the actual play he seemingly has the entire herd of zebras in his pocket. Post play, he's certainly got a reputation that's earning him extra unwanted attention, but while the play is going on he draws an amazing number of penalties on opposing DB's. He may be an "OK" receiver who has OK speed, OK hands, OK quickness, OK strength, etc, but the one thing he is incredibly skilled at is hooking guys who put a hand on him downfield and making it look like his route has been altered without all the flailing histrionics that automatically make stripes roll his eyes.

You see new examples of it almost every week, but maybe the best one you'll ever see is that crazy penalty he drew at the end of th4e Carolina game. That ball had no chance whatsoever of being completed and he knew it and had the sense to not even make a play at it. But he set that safety up for a penalty when the guy was still 10 yards away from him. and ran his route right into a hook that didn't exist until he created it.

I don't think he's played very well this year; long stretches of ineffectiveness, more drops, some awful blocking ,etc. But he has become one of the craftiest WR's I have ever seen as far as creating contact and drawing flags on DB's who make the mistake of getting their hands outside of their bodies.

If Brady took the same shot to the knee that Manuel took, what do you think would have happened?

There's your answer.

No penalty. The hit wasn't even close to being dirty. The one thing the NFL has done well, and clearly defined, is that when a QB decides to run they are fair game like any other ball carrier.

The weird thing is that during the actual play he seemingly has the entire herd of zebras in his pocket. Post play, he's certainly got a reputation that's earning him extra unwanted attention, but while the play is going on he draws an amazing number of penalties on opposing DB's. He may be an "OK" receiver who has OK speed, OK hands, OK quickness, OK strength, etc, but the one thing he is incredibly skilled at is hooking guys who put a hand on him downfield and making it look like his route has been altered without all the flailing histrionics that automatically make stripes roll his eyes.

You see new examples of it almost every week, but maybe the best one you'll ever see is that crazy penalty he drew at the end of th4e Carolina game. That ball had no chance whatsoever of being completed and he knew it and had the sense to not even make a play at it. But he set that safety up for a penalty when the guy was still 10 yards away from him. and ran his route right into a hook that didn't exist until he created it.

I don't think he's played very well this year; long stretches of ineffectiveness, more drops, some awful blocking ,etc. But he has become one of the craftiest WR's I have ever seen as far as creating contact and drawing flags on DB's who make the mistake of getting their hands outside of their bodies.

Are you talking about the play where Keuchly blatantly grabbed him for no reason, or another one? I think Stevie is amazingly crafty, but the Carolina play was kinda dumb on the part of their "stud" LB.

Edited by stony