Vic Carrucci: Bills fans will be pleasantly suprised with Thad Lewis..

Big Turk

What if every play we run is a reverse WR pass? What if TJ Graham throws 35 TD's Sunday? Then what do we do?

Then , we do it again. and again.

its the successful recipe till it is countered.

after that it's anyones guess what Nate will bring.

Maybe a secret double reverse wr pass. Which is actually a run up the B gap behind both Brown and Legursky by Wingo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and I remember when the pedigree QB of Green Bay went down, the Magic Man, Don Majkowski. He was also replaced by a no name. His name was Brett Favre.

I'm routin hard for this kid. As far as I'm concerned the job is his to lose. Highly doubt there is much drop-off from EJ to Thad. Not at this point in time anyway.

Light it up, Thad. Yee Haw !

And I actually lived in Milwaukee and remember when the Packers had a young quarterback who sucked. Couldn't win a big game and threw way too many interceptions. Every caller to talk radio was screaming for the Packers to dump him and get another quarterback. His name? Brett Favre.

And I actually lived in Milwaukee and remember when the Packers had a young quarterback who sucked. Couldn't win a big game and threw way too many interceptions. Every caller to talk radio was screaming for the Packers to dump him and get another quarterback. His name? Brett Favre.

And I thought Paul Harvey had died.

kj

Do you really think this guy is going come in off the practice squad and go 5-2, light it up? get a grip.

C'mon man, don't challenge the eternally optimistic!

If they want to think a player just plucked from the practice squad will get enough preparation to start and play well to win against a 3-2 team with top 15 defense. Well, as a Buffalo Bills fan its their god given right to hope for such things.

C'mon man, don't challenge the eternally optimistic!

If they want to think a player just plucked from the practice squad will get enough preparation to start and play well to win against a 3-2 team with top 15 defense. Well, as a Buffalo Bills fan its their god given right to hope for such things.

Well, considering he did the same thing last year with less time to practice against the number 1 defense in the NFL and played pretty well, it probably wouldn't be that much of a surprise...

Edited by matter2003

The Bengals have a mediocre QB, an average running game, and are 0-2 on the road.

If Thad keeps his turnovers below 2, and the Bills outrush the Bengals they will win the game.

I do not gamble, but if I did I would be all over the Bills at +7. EJ is the hope for the future, but Lewis is not taking the place of someone who is playing at an even top-15 NFL level.

He looks kinda like Russell Wilson in that video. I'm very impressed. He was playing behind street free agent offensive linemen and still looked like an NFL quarterback. He can pick up 9 yards a clip on scrambles. His accuracy looked like a footwork and timing issue, not a throwing mechanics issue - it looks correctable. My only concerns were his lack of anticipation (also correctable up to a point) and his staring down of receivers (same).

Two additional questions from watching that:

1) Why was the playcalling in the preseason so much more creative than what we've seen so far? Reverse fakes, screen passes, etc. - so they're in the playbook after all? Run that read option on Sunday, just do it.

2) Why isn't Nick Provo on the team?

Said he got the start in the last game of the year against Pittsburgh, the #1 rated D in the NFL and played pretty well with only a few days notice(2 or 3) to prepare.

Said he was decisive, made good throws and has a good enough arm to make any throw. He said he would not be suprised if he does a lot better than what people expect while Manuel is out.

That brings me to a bigger point: What if Lewis comes in and we go say 4-2 or 5-2 with Manuel out and in the thick of the playoff hunt playing well? Does EJ automatically get his job back? If its like anything else with this staff I would think he would have to wait til Lewis screws up...

Not saying this is going to happen, but it is not out of the question that our run game and D take over and help us win, especially since the D is healthier than its been all year...

Could be an interesting decision Marrone has to make if Lewis plays well

"plays well" is a large category. If we go go 5-2 and it is close games and Lewis plays OK but not stellar, EJ comes in . If Lewis throws for four touchdowns and plays lights out...we'll probably keep him in. Pretty hard to make a firm conclusion, but I would think Lewis would have a tough row to hoe to get to be a starter, as EJ has earned the starting job and is already selected as the qb of the future.