If the Sabres were a turd...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible not likely

Kane is gonna be hitting the open market and man what a resume already. If he was set in Chicago, he would have negotiated by now... Why is he waiting? I know what Stan Bowman said about "staying." Marriages end all the time... They can't cause problems, fly under the radar. Where else would Kaner go. Is he honestly gonna use BFLO's offer or anybody elses to get more from Chicago... Then there is cap issues w/the other 'Hawks stars. Why would he stay in Chicago? Hockey players are very loyal to their home town teams... More so than others.

Would want to play for sabres with darcy still in place regardless of all the money that the pegula regime might toss to him

Kane would be crazy coming here. Its going to take more than some high draft picks to turn these losers around.

Kane is gonna be hitting the open market and man what a resume already. If he was set in Chicago, he would have negotiated by now... Why is he waiting? I know what Stan Bowman said about "staying." Marriages end all the time... They can't cause problems, fly under the radar. Where else would Kaner go. Is he honestly gonna use BFLO's offer or anybody elses to get more from Chicago... Then there is cap issues w/the other 'Hawks stars. Why would he stay in Chicago? Hockey players are very loyal to their home town teams... More so than others.

Hockey players also want to win. He's winning in Chicago. He has friends telling him to stay away from Buffalo. If I were in his shoes there isn't enough money to have me come to Buffalo and put up with this mickey mouse organization. Forget the "rebuilding" (3 times with the same GM, who does that)? Team can't even name a captain, we need to have a "home and away" one. this organization is a joke and it's embarassing itself daily.

Both Kane and Toews cannot sign a new contract until after this season. It is not allowed by the CBA.

It will be interesting to see in the off season how many seasons will be renewed. Basically stealing money from the fans.

I have always liked Black alright, but I heard him say something on the radio this morning that really irked me...he said "Sabres fans signed up for this"...uh, okay, I am not a season ticket holder (I don't live in WNY anymore), so I guess that doesn't necessarily give me the right to comment...but what the !@#$ does that mean? Who "signed up" for this train-wreck?

Rolston is ineffective, at best...most of us who follow the team realzed this wasn't going to be a great season, but this bottoming out of the franchise doesn't have to be this bad. There are a few young guys who seem to have something, but I am not seeing enough from Rolston to believe that they are in good hands. Guys who were "young stars of tomorrow" under Lindy seem to be regressing under Rolston, not getting better. Sorry, I think this is not the right guy for this job.

For the first time in 12 years I am not paying for the Center Ice package...I am not signing up for this...

. Signed up this for ****! Ted black doesnt sound so uplifting anymore. Why bring him in anyways. regier is the guy that needs to be brought in.

The veteran players are collecting their big fat checks. You think their worried about losing their jobs here ? Some are wishing to be dealt out of this hell hole.

Pegula may have his heart in the right place, but he is trusting Reiger way too much

I agree with you, Pegula definitely wants to win and we know he's willing to spend the money. His loyalty to Regier (and Black) is just too strong. Hope he sees the light and we see a real rebuild, starting with those at the top.

If he was set in Chicago, he would have negotiated by now... Why is he waiting?

He's signed through the 2015 season and per the CBA they can't negotiate an extension until July 1, 2014. Blackhawks' GM: 'Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane will be here forever' Kane to the Sabres is a pipe-dream IMO.

Ted black isnt going anywhere. He is the marketing man. He doesn 't make hockey decisions. Just the face here for sabres.

Agreed...and he is good at his job. As much as I am not sold on Rolston, Darcy has to go first... he can't be allowed to make another major decision, like hiring a replacement for Rolston...

Incidentally, heard Paul Hamilton on GR earlier tonight. As much as everyone here accuses GR of schilling for the Sabres, you can never accuse Hamilton of that. He was fairly adamant, in agreeing with Mike Milbury that Rolston seems in over his head. I also found it interesting that he referenced a tweet from Jay McKee (who Hamilton noted was fired by Rolston in Rochester, so he may have an ax to grind), saying that the players in Rochester, and now in Buffalo, don't respond well to Rolston, because he never played in the pros. Hamiton wasn't necessarily agreeing with that assesment, but he noted that neither Rolston, nor Chadd Cassidy (the Rochester Amerks head coach, and Rolston protege) had any NHL experience.

To me, it feels like we have a professor and his teaching assistant in charge of our talent....

Edited by Buftex

Agreed...and he is good at his job. As much as I am not sold on Rolston, Darcy has to go first... he can't be allowed to make another major decision, like hiring a replacement for Rolston...

Incidentally, heard Paul Hamilton on GR earlier tonight. As much as everyone here accuses GR of schilling for the Sabres, you can never accuse Hamilton of that. He was fairly adamant, in agreeing with Mike Milbury that Rolston seems in over his head. I also found it interesting that he referenced a tweet from Jay McKee (who Hamilton noted was fired by Rolston in Rochester, so he may have an ax to grind), saying that the players in Rochester, and now in Buffalo, don't respond well to Rolston, because he never played in the pros. Hamiton wasn't necessarily agreeing with that assesment, but he noted that neither Rolston, nor Chadd Cassidy (the Rochester Amerks head coach, and Rolston protege) had any NHL experience.

To me, it feels like we have a professor and his teaching assistant in charge of our talent....

I'd put more weight into an idea like that if a guy like Scotty Bowman, possibly the greatest coach of all time, never played pro hockey. I'm sure we could come up with a long list of other coaches who never made it as a player. If a player doesn't want to listen to a coach since he never made it to the big time, I'm going to call them spoiled and arrogant.

Yes!! Haha a giraffe on skates.

I really hate this sabres team and I really hate darcy for building. Im not spending another dime (merchandise tickets etc..) until darcy is fired.

Darcy Reiger being the GM still is maybe the biggest joke right now in sports. IF people cared about hockey, the Sabres would be getting roasted on PTI and on sports radio. In a sport where half of the teams make the playoffs, Reiger's teams have missed the playoffs 8 out of 16 seasons (I'm assuming this year).

You can argue that his only real success has been total luck. His first 2 teams were the Hasek teams that went deep in the playoffs. Then the league completely changed after the lockout and fit the Sabres perfectly.

It's one thing to lose and be bad. But the majority of Reiger's teams are just boring and soft. The idea that you would possibly let the guy who is responsible for the worst start in franchise history continue his role is unbelievable. I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's time. And does our nerd crew (Reiger and Rolston) inspire hope out of anyone?

I'd put more weight into an idea like that if a guy like Scotty Bowman, possibly the greatest coach of all time, never played pro hockey. I'm sure we could come up with a long list of other coaches who never made it as a player. If a player doesn't want to listen to a coach since he never made it to the big time, I'm going to call them spoiled and arrogant.

I see that point made all the time, in regards to defending coaches on the "hot-seat". But, at the end of the day, you have the players you have...the franchise, for better or worse, is married to those players. There are plenty of coches who have been successful in all sports, having never played the game. Perhaps, for those coaches, they know how to asses the situation better. There seems to be a feeling, among some, that Rolston doesn't really have that knack. I didn't realize this, and just going from Hamiltons' observations, but Rolston apparently had more than a few detractors in Rochester.

Personally, I will never claim to know hockey well enough to have a definitive opionion on this...but there were numerous times last year, and so far this year, where I had difficutly understanding what Rolston was trying to do, with his guys on the ice. Havnig John Scott on the ice, with 9 minutes left in a game where you are down 4-2, and your team is showing a pulse, is one of those. The guy has scored one goal in something like 86 games, and has one assist in that time. How is he helping you make up that 2 goal deficit?

Edited by Buftex

If regier told the fan base were going struggle and were in for a long year why would anyone purchase seasons tickets?

Many people bought tickets before that statement, probably didn't think it would be this bad, and/or are afraid they won't be able to get them again if the Sabres ever turn it around. But there's no excuse for people to buy single game tickets unless they like the opponent.