If the Sabres were a turd...

I don't mind rebuilding, but having the same GM do it for a third time is unbelievable. Pegula showed so much promise when he bought the team, but keeping Darcy this long shows a real lack of hockey knowledge for him and his advisors. Should have cleaned house last year.

How many years does it take to have a decent power play? They had three 5 on 3 chances last week and still couldn't score. The last decent PP was when Briere was here.

Isn't Pegula a big Sabres fan, so he should know enough about hockey to see the results for himself? Or was that all just a crock.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Pegula a big Sabres fan, so he should know enough about hockey to see the results for himself? Or was that all just a crock.

I think he's a bit of a Mr Magoo, he means well but can't see what's going on in front of him. When he bought the team and said Darcy and Lindy "ain't going nowhere", that was the first uh-oh moment. Then he blamed the media for being too critical, and said the team would do better if they were more supportive. Maybe his advisors and trophy wife keep him sheltered from the truth, or he's like Dan Snyder; smart in business but not in sports.

Management is counting the cash. They fill the seats every game .

So their gonna roll the dice and hope they get the first pick next years draft.

Ole seymour is rolling in his grave, what have they done to this franchise

Management is counting the cash. They fill the seats every game .

So their gonna roll the dice and hope they get the first pick next years draft.

Ole seymour is rolling in his grave, what have they done to this franchise

I think that they are going to have a hard time selling remaining single game tickets.

Many season ticket holders are trying to dump a lot of their games on the cheap on stubhub and other secondary markets which is weakening the sabres official ticket sales for remaining single games. If season ticket holders can't sell some games for a profit getting some money back they will be less likely to renew next year.

It won't be immediate but I think their ticket sales really are going to suffer. The fanbase is sick of this crap and sick of darcys teams.

I think that they are going to have a hard time selling remaining single game tickets.

Many season ticket holders are trying to dump a lot of their games on the cheap on stubhub and other secondary markets which is weakening the sabres official ticket sales for remaining single games. If season ticket holders can't sell some games for a profit getting some money back they will be less likely to renew next year.

It won't be immediate but I think their ticket sales really are going to suffer. The fanbase is sick of this crap and sick of darcys teams.

You never know... The Sabres could be like the Blackhawks were a few years ago! The 'Hawks were cold calling me to buy tickets!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

how to piss off the fan base. So the plan is to be like chicago and pittsburgh and draft a crosby or kane

I dont trust anybody there! I don't understand why 18000 fans show up. Regier told them prior that the sabres were going to be bad

Powerplay has been non existent forever.

Regier must have photos on somebody. 16 yrs with the sabres and nothing to show. Ralston has to be frustrated as well. Same pressor we need to finish.

Do you trust darcy?

If you draft in the top 3 or 4 its really REALLY hard to mess up. Not counting the 2012 or 2013 drafts because they're still so young and not all in the league yet, I had to go back to 2007 to find a guy drafted #1-4 overall that would be considered a disappointment (Thomas Hickey-LA, #4 overall) 95% success rate isn't so bad.

If you draft in the top 3 or 4 its really REALLY hard to mess up. Not counting the 2012 or 2013 drafts because they're still so young and not all in the league yet, I had to go back to 2007 to find a guy drafted #1-4 overall that would be considered a disappointment (Thomas Hickey-LA, #4 overall) 95% success rate isn't so bad.

How do you explain Edmonton not able to win... They are starting out of the gates 1-4? Yet, they can score.

So, Sabres lose 2-1...at this pace, they will average about 1 goal per game...rebuild or not, that is bad hockey. Grigorenko is already feeling like a bust...can't help but feel like he would go somewhere else and look like an actual NHL player....

What bothers me is that the fans take more screwing. This loyal fan base deserves alot bettter. Its really sad. Been following the sabres since 1970. Zero confidence with the organization.

Maybe Ralston was the only coach who would take this job. No other coach would put up with this BS.

What bothers me is that the fans take more screwing. This loyal fan base deserves alot bettter. Its really sad. Been following the sabres since 1970. Zero confidence with the organization.

Maybe Ralston was the only coach who would take this job. No other coach would put up with this BS.

I would have given Roy an armored car's worth of $$$$ to bring him to Buffalo, but NOOOO

I would have given Roy an armored car's worth of $$$$ to bring him to Buffalo, but NOOOO

Maybe Roy would know what buttons to push to get Grigerinko going. Problem is he would have wanted a say on personnel, and that won't happen with Darcy there, so they settle for someone just happy to have a coaching job.

Knowing this organization they will screw that up too

Ott, vanek and miller are probably real thrilled to be here!

They are all saying the right things anyways.

Rumor seems to be that Vanek will try to reunite with Pomminville in Minnesota, if he should leave Buffalo.