If the Sabres were a turd...

Why wouldn't you want to leave this pitiful organization

I hate to say it, but I think guys are comfortable in Buffalo...too comfortable perhaps. Vanek, from what I hear, really loves living in Buffalo, as do his wife and kids...same with Ehrhoff....Miller. Pegula may be bumbling things a bit, but I do believe he wants to build a winner...he just doesn't know how...and Darcy is not going to help him....TPegs just doesn't seem to get it.

GR had a poll about the Sabres current state... I had to vote that I knew this was going to be a tough season going in, but it has been harder to watch than I ever imagined. I liked Lindy Ruff, but I think it was time for a change...I was willing to give Rolston a shot...but I am just not feeling anything from this guy...it depresses me to think that Grigorenko is already being talked about as a bust...Tyler Myers for all his re-dedication to the game in the off-season, re-united with Tallinder, looks as lost as last year.... Cody shows flashes but then disappears...Foligno has been invisible...I am hardly a Ryan Miller ball-washer, but 7 games in to the season, he has really been the only bright spot. Giving them 3 more games (when the Center Ice free preview ends) then I am taking a little break from watching the Sabres....they are really hard to watch....very little, if any, entertainment value so far this year. They are boring, appear to be over-matched at almost every turn...it could be a long 3 years...was 2006 that long ago?

Only down 1-0 right now...who gets tonights goal against the Islanders?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but I think guys are comfortable in Buffalo...too comfortable perhaps. Vanek, from what I hear, really loves living in Buffalo, as do his wife and kids...same with Ehrhoff....Miller. Pegula may be bumbling things a bit, but I do believe he wants to build a winner...he just doesn't know how...and Darcy is not going to help him....TPegs just doesn't seem to get it.

GR had a poll about the Sabres current state... I had to vote that I knew this was going to be a tough season going in, but it has been harder to watch than I ever imagined. I liked Lindy Ruff, but I think it was time for a change...I was willing to give Rolston a shot...but I am just not feeling anything from this guy...it depresses me to think that Grigorenko is already being talked about as a bust...Tyler Myers for all his re-dedication to the game in the off-season, re-united with Tallinder, looks as lost as last year.... Cody shows flashes but then disappears...Foligno has been invisible...I am hardly a Ryan Miller ball-washer, but 7 games in to the season, he has really been the only bright spot. Giving them 3 more games (when the Center Ice free preview ends) then I am taking a little break from watching the Sabres....they are really hard to watch....very little, if any, entertainment value so far this year. They are boring, appear to be over-matched at almost every turn...it could be a long 3 years...was 2006 that long ago?

Only down 1-0 right now...who gets tonights goal against the Islanders?

What does their payroll look like Buf? How much to the cap are they? I usually don't get caught up in all that... I am now curious.

What does their payroll look like Buf? How much to the cap are they? I usually don't get caught up in all that... I am now curious.

They got about $3.8M in room this year. Next year Vanek, Miller, Ott, and Tallinder are all UFAs so that could free up another $20M or so. They've definitely shown a willingness to spend money, but they haven't shown that they can spend it wisely.

On that note, Woohoo, only 4 more years and $18M left on Ville Leino's contract!

How do you explain Edmonton not able to win... They are starting out of the gates 1-4? Yet, they can score.

Because with all those high picks, they never got a franchise defenseman AND failed to develop, sign, or trade for a good goalie.

Except for that Justin Schultz kid they signed last year who had a lot of hype after he refused Anaheim's contract, I couldn't name a D-man on their team if I tried.

Meanwhile they're spending about 1/3 of their cap on Hall, Gagner and Eberle with Nugent-Hopkins due for a raise

Edited by JM57

Alot effort by cody and drew. Ole milbury who hates buffalo was all over them. Boys are going thru the motions now.

Ted Black sounds tired on the radio. Sounds like a local politican

They choose Ralston for one reason he took the job because nobody wanted it.

Ted black talks about all the draft picks. Chicago and pittsburgh is now the business model.

I was given tickets for free to the Panthers game tomorrow. I'm not going. They were free and I'm still not going. To quote John McKay when he was asked what he thought of his teams' execution. "I'm all for it."

Alot effort by cody and drew. Ole milbury who hates buffalo was all over them. Boys are going thru the motions now.

Ted black talks about all the draft picks. Chicago and pittsburgh is now the business model.

It was my understanding they didn't even interview anybody else. Roy sure looks good behind the bench. But nah, can't have him, he'd usurp precious Regier.

I have always liked Black alright, but I heard him say something on the radio this morning that really irked me...he said "Sabres fans signed up for this"...uh, okay, I am not a season ticket holder (I don't live in WNY anymore), so I guess that doesn't necessarily give me the right to comment...but what the !@#$ does that mean? Who "signed up" for this train-wreck?

Rolston is ineffective, at best...most of us who follow the team realzed this wasn't going to be a great season, but this bottoming out of the franchise doesn't have to be this bad. There are a few young guys who seem to have something, but I am not seeing enough from Rolston to believe that they are in good hands. Guys who were "young stars of tomorrow" under Lindy seem to be regressing under Rolston, not getting better. Sorry, I think this is not the right guy for this job.

For the first time in 12 years I am not paying for the Center Ice package...I am not signing up for this...

It was my understanding they didn't even interview anybody else. Roy sure looks good behind the bench. But nah, can't have him, he'd usurp precious Regier.

That is the way I recall it too. Pegula may have his heart in the right place, but he is trusting Reiger way too much...wake up Terry!