If the Sabres were a turd...

Yeah Oakland is so much better then Buffalo, you keep telling yourself that. My friend used to do a lot of traveling to Oaklan for business. He said he would stay in across the bay on his own dime(company would not expense it since it was much more expensive to stay in SF). said he did not care. Said Oakland is the biggest sh*thole he has ever been to.

Well then it's safe to say he has not traveled around Oakland. The Hills above the city of Oakland are beautiful with fantastic views of the bays, redwood forests, and miles and miles of hiking trails. Do parts of Oakland suck balls? Abso!@#$inglutely! But there is a lot more to Oakland than International Blvd.

You should just put that you hate Buffalo in your signature. It'd save you time instead of repeating it in every other thread. :thumbsup:

I'm here to please.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there a consensus #1 pick in the next draft?

It doesn't matter, because even if the Sabres don't win a game this season, they will end up losing the lottery and walking away with the 5th pick, or somewhere there abouts.

I don't mind rebuilding, but having the same GM do it for a third time is unbelievable. Pegula showed so much promise when he bought the team, but keeping Darcy this long shows a real lack of hockey knowledge for him and his advisors. Should have cleaned house last year.

How many years does it take to have a decent power play? They had three 5 on 3 chances last week and still couldn't score. The last decent PP was when Briere was here.

This x100. I was one of those who baught into the "Pegulaville" thing (I just want to believe in something!), but I was sure he would let Darcy go after this past season...it is unfathomable, like you said, this guy is getting yet another chance to !@#$ this thing up. Only three games into the season, and I am already growing weary of watching them...it all just feels the same.

Well then it's safe to say he has not traveled around Oakland. The Hills above the city of Oakland are beautiful with fantastic views of the bays, redwood forests, and miles and miles of hiking trails. Do parts of Oakland suck balls? Abso!@#$inglutely! But there is a lot more to Oakland than International Blvd.

I'm here to please.

Just like there is more to Buffalo then the chip strip or the fruit belt.

@ least they got a point tonight... They won't go 0-82... Maybe 0-81-1... LoL... Jeeze Louise! If they were a turd, they'd sink!

I watched the first period...up 1-0...tied 1-1 moments later...I think I need a longer Sabres break than this long off-season offered. I flipped it over to the PBS Frontline documentary on the NFL concussion issue...hard to believe, but it was far more entertaining than anything the Sabres have been selling the last couple of season.

I see they lost 3-2 in OT. The other night, Miller played lights out in 0-0 game, but, alas, gives up the game winning goal with 1:35 left in regulation. It is getting so tiresome to watch...not blaming Miller at all, but this team, over the last 3 or 4 years must have the record for giving up goals in the final two minutes of a game/period or OT. They just can't stop a team from scoring in those situations...it really is uncanny. I wish I knew how to find stats, if they even exist, on this.

I know, this is a rebuilding season....but is it really a rebuild, or just re-arranging the furniture?

Edited by Buftex

I watched the first period...up 1-0...tied 1-1 moments later...I think I need a longer Sabres break than this long off-season offered. I flipped it over to the PBS Frontline documentary on the NFL concussion issue...hard to believe, but it was far more entertaining than anything the Sabres have been selling the last couple of season.

I see they lost 3-2 in OT. The other night, Miller played lights out in 0-0 game, but, alas, gives up the game winning goal with 1:35 left in regulation. It is getting so tiresome to watch...not blaming Miller at all, but this team, over the last 3 or 4 years must have the record for giving up goals in the final two minutes of a game/period or OT. They just can't stop a team from scoring in those situations...it really is uncanny. I wish I knew how to find stats, if they even exist, on this.

I know, this is a rebuilding season....but is it really a rebuild, or just re-arranging the furniture?

Wait till the get the 'Hawks shortly... Even if Chicago gets behind, they feast on situations the Sabres give out with a few minutes left. Boston learned the hard way! Buffalo is mincemeat! For my sake, hope the Blackhawks end the pain early... Gonna be doubly hard on me if the Sabres lead and then blow it!

I'm here to please.

:w00t:

Wait till the get the 'Hawks shortly... Even if Chicago gets behind, they feast on situations the Sabres give out with a few minutes left. Boston learned the hard way! Buffalo is mincemeat! For my sake, hope the Blackhawks end the pain early... Gonna be doubly hard on me if the Sabres lead and then blow it!

The Hawks have another strong team. It's a shame they will always have an asterisk associated with last years Stanley Cup and that farce of a season, that was a very good team...

After last night's loss, Tyler Myers is on pace to have a plus/minus of -116 this year.

:sick:

He can do it! The Buffalo News should have a daily tracker on the upper right hand corner every day, trakcking Myers +/- rating...just like the year OJ got the 2,003 yards! There has to be some reason to watch this team... Vaneks goal last night was a thing of beauty...the rest was hideous...I am officially dropping out on this team until they win two games in a row...the thought of wasting three hours watching them get their asses handed to them by the Blackhawks tomorrow night is more than I can stand. I remember the days when the Sabres offered a reprieve from the Bills inpetitude...the tables have turned, and the Bills are a game under .500! :lol:

In case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuabzJWYROw

Edited by Buftex

The Sabres haven't had a superstar since Hasek, this team desperately needs a top 3 pick in the draft, preferably #1, but I'll take 2. They need that stud goal scorer to build around, right now they have nothing to build around. The problem is Darcy does just enough to not be the worst 3 or 4 teams in the league, he'll get you to 5 or 6th worst (Although this season could be different), but those are risky picks at best. The Sabres can't trade up because of how Darcy overvalues players, so we're stuck in a downward out of control spiral. They have to trade Miller and Vanek by the deadline, I have no faith Darcy can get that done. There are several other players they need to cut ties with, I have no faith that Darcy can get that done. Then they have to have a great draft and some key FA signings, I have no faith that Darcy can get that done. It's a mess, that won't get any better under Darcy Regier...

Wait till the get Chicago tomorrow night! Ground up an in a freezer? Come on guys, prove me wrong! I need you for this one. I know I talk bad fact about the city and its weather... But you gotta bail me out here! That Sabres sticker I had on my car for years has to balance out all the bandwagon 'Hawks stickers people have plastered on their rides in recent years.

I should have never told the 'Hawks organization to eff off a few years ago when they were cold calling me trying to sell season tickets/game packs that nobody would buy! I would have been set selling them to bandwagon Chicago fans! I would have been going to this game though... Try affording a ticket in Chicago now!

The Sabres haven't had a superstar since Hasek, this team desperately needs a top 3 pick in the draft, preferably #1, but I'll take 2. They need that stud goal scorer to build around, right now they have nothing to build around. The problem is Darcy does just enough to not be the worst 3 or 4 teams in the league, he'll get you to 5 or 6th worst (Although this season could be different), but those are risky picks at best. The Sabres can't trade up because of how Darcy overvalues players, so we're stuck in a downward out of control spiral. They have to trade Miller and Vanek by the deadline, I have no faith Darcy can get that done. There are several other players they need to cut ties with, I have no faith that Darcy can get that done. Then they have to have a great draft and some key FA signings, I have no faith that Darcy can get that done. It's a mess, that won't get any better under Darcy Regier...

Pat Kane's contract is up soon. I know what he and Stan Bowman said... But how many people get married and say: "I do, until death does us part."

Just hope he wins againg this year and gets bored living in the Trump Tower.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois