If the Sabres were a turd...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sabres were a turd, last night would have been the dingleberry. Yeah, they won... But still the dingleberry.

Official Urban Dictionary definition:

"dingleberry

A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.

My wife tells me that I need to wipe my ass better because my dingleberries are making my underware (sic) a nasty mess, however I like the idea of her down in the basement doing laundry and cleaning up my foul nasty underware (sic)."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If the Sabres were a turd, last night would have been the dingleberry. Yeah, they won... But still the dingleberry.

Official Urban Dictionary definition:

"dingleberry

A delinquent partial turd which grasps anal shrubery causing brownish crust to accumulate in ones boxers.

My wife tells me that I need to wipe my ass better because my dingleberries are making my underware (sic) a nasty mess, however I like the idea of her down in the basement doing laundry and cleaning up my foul nasty underware (sic)."

I don't get it.

Sabres played their most complete game last night...fun game to watch. Still, a little frustrtation that they only seem to be able to win shoot-outs, but what the hell, at this point, a win is a win, against a very good team. The Sharks have a legit gripe in that they scored a goal in OT which was not recognized as such by the on ice officials...and from what I can tell, no replay was viewed. If NHL coaches could throw challange flags, the Sabres would have lost...still, though, they gave up a ton of shots (that is a Sabres thing that has been going on for as long as I remember, no matter who the coach and players, they always get out-shot by a mile), but managed to control a good portion of a game, against a quality opponent. Good show...mabe a west-coast swing is coming at the right time for them.

Sabres played their most complete game last night...fun game to watch. Still, a little frustrtation that they only seem to be able to win shoot-outs, but what the hell, at this point, a win is a win, against a very good team. The Sharks have a legit gripe in that they scored a goal in OT which was not recognized as such by the on ice officials...and from what I can tell, no replay was viewed. If NHL coaches could throw challange flags, the Sabres would have lost...still, though, they gave up a ton of shots (that is a Sabres thing that has been going on for as long as I remember, no matter who the coach and players, they always get out-shot by a mile), but managed to control a good portion of a game, against a quality opponent. Good show...mabe a west-coast swing is coming at the right time for them.

They gave up 2 3rd period leads. Not that they have had many of them.

At one point, the Sabres had played 700 minutes or so, and had the lead for 15 of them! I had to look into it because it seemed like I had never checked in on a game where they actually had the lead.

When the Sharks tied it up with about 3:50 left, I was really pretty sure the Sabres would give up a goal i the final minute of regulation...they do that way too often, been doing it for about 4 seasons now...the fact that they hung in there and won was no small feat for this team...though in truth they did get a little lucky in OT.

At one point, the Sabres had played 700 minutes or so, and had the lead for 15 of them! I had to look into it because it seemed like I had never checked in on a game where they actually had the lead.

They have outscored their opponent only once so far in 17 games. That is impressively bad.

They have outscored their opponent only once so far in 17 games. That is impressively bad.

I could be off on this, but I could have sworn during a game a week or two ago, they said that going back to the begining of Roltsons' stint as head-coach, the Sabres have only won 8 games in regulation... a win is a win, I suppose, but some wins are better than others...like the ones where you don't give a conslolation point to the "loser". I found that really troublesome...not saying that is all Rolston (they had troubles with this under Ruff the last couple of years as well), but that is just a bad trend. Especially when you are a team that makes it an annual tradition of scraping and crawing your way in the standings, for the last playoff spot...they have 18 wins in 49 games under him, and fewer than half are in regulation.

Edited by Buftex

Yeah...I don't know what that is all about..and I didn't want to read it again to try to figure it out. :lol:

They were winning late into the third, blew that. Sharks should have won it OT, refs blew that... Sabres win in SO. Haven't all their whopping 3 wins been in SO? Oh wait, they did win one in regulation... FLA 3-1. That does not count. How can that Sharks game be "complete." The Sharks game was a turd... But not a big turd, just a dingleberry! :nana: :nana:

Sabres suck, even when they win. :wallbash:

They were winning late into the third, blew that. Sharks should have won it OT, refs blew that... Sabres win in SO. Haven't all their whopping 3 wins been in SO? Oh wait, they did win one in regulation... FLA 3-1. That does not count. How can that Sharks game be "complete." The Sharks game was a turd... But not a big turd, just a dingleberry! :nana: :nana:

Sabres suck, even when they win. :wallbash:

It's pathetic how much they struggle to just win a game in regulation. If they didn't get loser points for just making it to overtime they could be a historically bad team.

I could be off on this, but I could have sworn during a game a week or two ago, they said that going back to the begining of Roltsons' stint as head-coach, the Sabres have only won 8 games in regulation... a win is a win, I suppose, but some wins are better than others...like the ones where you don't give a conslolation point to the "loser". I found that really troublesome...not saying that is all Rolston (they had troubles with this under Ruff the last couple of years as well), but that is just a bad trend. Especially when you are a team that makes it an annual tradition of scraping and crawing your way in the standings, for the last playoff spot...they have 18 wins in 49 games under him, and fewer than half are in regulation.

In my mind, the consolation point is actually the one awarded to the shootout winner. Those games are just ties with an additional bonus point awarded. But that is a rant for another thread/board.

It makes no sense to sit the young players and play veterans who are not part of the long term solution. They might as well send Zadorov and Girgerinko back to juniors and let them play if this is their strategy. I'd rather they lose with inexperienced rookies than uninspired veterans.