Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

Wasn't he, like, 19/23 against the Colts? So both he and White had one great preseason game apiece. Much ado about nothing. Neither is an NFL QB.

Colts insurance salesmen vs Bills starters

Haters gonna hate. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Its hard to play quarterback and not be able to throw. Tebow makes Fitz look accurate

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Dixon can throw the football and Tebow can't? White may be able to throw. Dixon isn't just a running QB at all.

Pat White is a media-free version of Tebow -- neither can throw. I think I would rather have Tebow than White, but definitely don't want either. Freeman remains my first choice, but Dixon would be interesting. I thought he had some potential in limited action for the Steelers.

Freeman is the only one worth pursuing. The Bills can lose with Tuel as easy as any of the others. I mean, a loss is a loss, why complicate things?

A few reasons 1) you need other guys to continue to progress (Woods, Goodwin, etc...) 2) Pat White may end up being a long term answer at backup instead of Tuel

A few reasons 1) you need other guys to continue to progress (Woods, Goodwin, etc...) 2) Pat White may end up being a long term answer at backup instead of Tuel

It's only a few games.

1) Tuel has been working with these guys since training camp. They aren't going to be throwing the ball around to the receivers very much no matter who is the QB, so that's a non-issue. In fact, I would expect them to throw the ball MORE with Tuel than Pat White. Tuel is no runner.

None of the WR's are going to learn more with Pat White than with Tuel for a few games.

2) I agree they need a backup, they will obviously sign someone. But if they considered Pat White to be any answer, they would have signed him after he was cut. Not that they won't sign him, but I don't think they expect him to be a better long term answer than Tuel.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Boy, I don't understand the love for Pat White. It is like he is some legend or something. His NFL CAREER stat line is:

0 completions; 5 attempts; for a QB rating of 39.

If he is the best that can be had, they may as well punt on first down and hope to score on turnovers.

By comparison, Tim Tebow - who is a HORRIBLE passer is 173-361, 17 TDs, 9 INTs + 12 rushing TDs.

I am not advocating for Tebow, but he seems a better option than Pat White...

Billy Volek was given the opportunity to compete for the QB job for the Bills when Volek was a free agent. Billy Volek refused -- he preferred to re-sign as a backup.

In this case he doesn't care about Sunday he wants a long term starting job where he won't be on the bench in a month. I'd say that's the opposite

Boy, I don't understand the love for Pat White. It is like he is some legend or something. His NFL CAREER stat line is:

0 completions; 5 attempts; for a QB rating of 39.

If he is the best that can be had, they may as well punt on first down and hope to score on turnovers.

By comparison, Tim Tebow - who is a HORRIBLE passer is 173-361, 17 TDs, 9 INTs + 12 rushing TDs.

I am not advocating for Tebow, but he seems a better option than Pat White...

He looked really good in the PS. He was a 2nd round pick that is still a bit of an unknown. He has the potential to be the long term and short term answer. Maybe Tuel can become the long term answer but he is not ready.

He looked really good in the PS. He was a 2nd round pick that is still a bit of an unknown. He has the potential to be the long term and short term answer. Maybe Tuel can become the long term answer but he is not ready.

But why do you feel that White would be more ready than Jeff Tuel? Tuel had 1 very good preseason game, maybe White did too. In terms of experience, I don't see where White has any more (or even as much) playing experience as Tuel.

I agree that White has some athletic ability, but that doesn't make him a good option as a starting QB in the short term or a good long term backup option. I won't say that he has no ability, but he is not much better an option than Tuel other than White is faster than Tuel.

If it's down to us, Minnesota and SF, we seem to be the best choice for him. Guaranteed starts for the next several weeks.

If I were him - Minnesota

Starting in 7 days hurts his stock likely, not helps it. Stealing the team from ponder is a much better spot imho

I like Freeman, White, then Dixon in that order

If it's down to us, Minnesota and SF, we seem to be the best choice for him. Guaranteed starts for the next several weeks.

From what I read Oakland is the favorite

Freeman is the obvious choice but I doubt he chooses Buffalo. He wants to be a starter next year, and that's not going to happen in Buffalo. It will be Dixon.

I agree given the Whaley/Pittsburgh connection. He's surely talked to friend over there and seems to like steeler cast offs.....

If I were him - Minnesota

Starting in 7 days hurts his stock likely, not helps it. Stealing the team from ponder is a much better spot imho

I disagree. His competition in Minn. is Ponder and Cassell, both of whom have had time as starters in the league. A great running game with AP,yes, but a 1-3 team whose coach could be on the way out. His competition in Buffalo is a 1st round rookie with all of five starts and two knee injuries. And an UDFA in Tuel with zero starts and no arm. Marrone is a new HC who will be given some time. A long term situation is possible given the relative inexperience of the competition. The 2nd best running game in the NFL doesn't hurt either. SF seems to make the least sense as Kaepernick is pretty solid. A solid showing in Buff. could lead to a long term deal here or elsewhere in March. This seems a better opportunity to cash in.

But why do you feel that White would be more ready than Jeff Tuel? Tuel had 1 very good preseason game, maybe White did too. In terms of experience, I don't see where White has any more (or even as much) playing experience as Tuel.

I agree that White has some athletic ability, but that doesn't make him a good option as a starting QB in the short term or a good long term backup option. I won't say that he has no ability, but he is not much better an option than Tuel other than White is faster than Tuel.

He just has better physical skills than Tuel. Tuel has extremely limited upside in that his arm strength is atrocious. He may end up as a smart game manager but I do not think that he can mow this team. I just don't think that he is capable of making enough plays. Pat White can make some plays. He isn't perfect but if he makes a handful o plays a game with his arm or feet than we can win with good defense. I am not sure that Tuel can get 17 points on the board. To me, he is a much better option. He isn't Freeman but you wouldn't have to go far on that list of guys to get to White. I had him after Freeman and VY. I will take my chance with a talented guy with a small résumé over a guy that has proven that he stinks (ie Edwards, Carr, etc...)