Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall, the one loss was in OT to a top-5 Ravens team on the road. I think he threw a bad pick in OT, but otherwise had a solid game.

I used to love him at Oregon. If we sign a vet, I want someone who has some starts under his belt, as opposed to a guy like Pat White.

I want a guy with a little experience, an NFL quality arm, NFL size, and hasn't proven himself to suck. Being able to run is a plus. There aren't many of those. Dixon is one. That's why I want to take a look.

If Pat or Dennis could play, they would be on a roster. Start Tuel, take your lumps, let him get some experience and pick up a young guy with potential who is hanging out on a practice squad there for the taking. Seth Doege, Matt Scott and several others are out there. There simply is no one out there that is going to rescue us from this situation. It is what it is.

The Redskins did not want to let him go. He has upside which is way better than someone like Trenative. I would be cool with him.

I agree. I was pretty surprised when the Redskins let him go.

Anyone know if VY is coming in? I know he had a solid preseason and has a winning record as a starter.

If I recall, the one loss was in OT to a top-5 Ravens team on the road. I think he threw a bad pick in OT, but otherwise had a solid game.

I used to love him at Oregon. If we sign a vet, I want someone who has some starts under his belt, as opposed to a guy like Pat White.

I agree we should go w/ someone who has started. How would you feel about V. Young? I think he'd also be a decent signing. Had a good preseason, and has a winning record as a starter.

I mentioned in other threads that Pat White is the best choice out there. Being in the DC area I watched him in pre-season. He was clearly better than Rex Grossman and just as good as Cousins. Keep in mind he took most of the snaps with Cousins and RG3 out.

He has arm strength and he was pretty accurate with his passes. The Redskins were not going to keep him because of Rex Grossman's relationship with Kyle Shanahan. I hope we go with him. He's got the skill set where he may challenge EJ for the job.

I think we will pleasantly surprised.

Edited by VADC Bills

I agree we should go w/ someone who has started. How would you feel about V. Young? I think he'd also be a decent signing. Had a good preseason, and has a winning record as a starter.

I would take young over white based on experience. But I think we all know his ceiling. Seems like Dixon might have more upside potential.

Sign both guys, run the read option. QB by committee. That would at least be exciting. If Tuel plays I don't even want to watch the game. It will be like Trent Edwards at the end of his run with is where we can't even get a first down.

I imagine that Freeman has been contacted by a lot of teams, especially the Bills. I also assume he and his agent will watch the games tomorrow, see if there are any major injuries to QBs that may change the landscape, and then decide tomorrow night. The fact he gets his 6m from the Bucs makes his decision less important to be right away.

Excellent points all around. If I were his agent, I'd advise the exact same strategy.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't hate that either but certainly prefer White.

Why?

Curious what you see in White as an NFL QB - other than he made us look bad in preseason

Dixon has actually played in a few NFL games

Dixon stats: Pass attempts 59 Pass completions 35 Percentage 59.3 TDINT 1-2 Passing yards 402 QB Rating 71.4

All accrued 2008-2009-2010.

Pat White stats:

Pass attempts 5 Pass completions 0 Percentage 0.0 TDINT 0-0 Passing yards 0 QB Rating 39.6

Personally, if we're going after an upgrade to Tuel - uncertain. I'd much rather see Freeman. But it's quite possible Freeman has told us "no interest".

I mentioned in other threads that Pat White is the best choice out there. Being in the DC area I watched him in pre-season. He was clearly better than Rex Grossman and just as good as Cousins. Keep in mind he took most of the snaps with Cousins and RG3 out.

He has arm strength and he was pretty accurate with his passes. The Redskins were not going to keep him because of Rex Grossman's relationship with Kyle Shanahan. I hope we go with him. He's got the skill set where he may challenge EJ for the job.

I think we will pleasantly surprised.

OK, I appreciate this input!