Sprained knee on EJ

Perhaps. Who knows? But 2 knee injuries in 1 season doesn't bode well for him.

Coincidence ?

Maybe they brought him back too soon. I think thats true, They had little option I suppose. and thats a mistake on Marrone and Whaley

But not like a Shanahan move.

EJ still has plenty of potential and i dont care if it takes a couple seasons.

Let Manuel earn it from Lewis .

I expect great things from the kid. Just not this season and i never did. Especially after Colin Brown was exposed early on.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's 6 more weeks, Lewis has played decently, and the Bills are still in contention (which I doubt would happen if Lewis wasn't playing well), I can't see why they would sit Lewis. His development would be ahead of Manuel's.

Of course, I doubt that they will still be in contention 6 weeks from now, but some key injuries to the Pat/Jets/Fins could change everything real quick. (Mayo, Wilfork out is big. I think the Pats are going to lose at least 5 games this season).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

My bet is his first game back is the Falcons game, December 1st, after the buy week. hopefully I am wrong.

Yep if there's any doubt the week of the Jets game then they will just hold him out and give him the extra week during the bye to come back 100%. Bummer

Coincidence ?

Maybe they brought him back too soon. I think thats true, They had little option I suppose. and thats a mistake on Marrone and Whaley

But not like a Shanahan move.

EJ still has plenty of potential and i dont care if it takes a couple seasons.

Let Manuel earn it from Lewis .

I expect great things from the kid. Just not this season and i never did. Especially after Colin Brown was exposed early on.

It was the other knee this time.

So what happened to "he'll be out a few weeks" since that statement from its been 2 weeks and now its another 4 to 6. So the total is 6 to 8 weeks not a "few weeks". Dude just tell us the truth.

Because they didn't know - they said a "few" because they wouldn't know until the swelling went down and he could start rehabbing what the actual timetable would like. They knew it wasn't season ending becuse he didn't need surgery, but outside of that they couldn't give a specific timetable. They are still speculating at this point, because it will all depend on how his knee responds to the therapy, etc. And they are always going to indicate a longer time table vs. a shorter one even if they think it could be shorter, or they risk the fan base being disappointed if he isn't back in 3 or the media asking about it every week. There is definitely a possibility he is back in 3. But if that happens, they will be able to say it was a positive surprise.

I know the more snaps EJ gets this season, just helps him learn the game and the offense. However, given the way the season is currently going, there's absolutely nothing to gain by rushing him back. I'd rather he take the time, heal completely, and hopefully learn how to avoid these hits in the future. For EJ at this point in his career that seems more important than an extra game's worth of play time.

It was the other knee this time.

Oh.

nevermind then.

: )

Dan

One of the major downsides of NOT having Kolb around the team is no veteran to teach the kids. I thought Kolb was still around the facility but last report was no.Sounds like he might be done actually listening to Coach Marrrone

So Lewis might be the Vet of sorts for the Bills . Being on different teams with different routines offers a better worldview i would guess , even if its PS

I hope that he and EJ , and Jeff Tuel stay tight and help each other along. sure is an interesting synergy!

Flynn might have some positives to add i dont know

Oh.

nevermind then.

: )

Dan

One of the major downsides of NOT having Kolb around the team is no veteran to teach the kids. I thought Kolb was still around the facility but last report was no.Sounds like he might be done actually listening to Coach Marrrone

So Lewis might be the Vet of sorts for the Bills . Being on different teams with different routines offers a better worldview i would guess , even if its PS

I hope that he and EJ , and Jeff Tuel stay tight and help each other along. sure is an interesting synergy!

Flynn might have some positives to add i dont know

I agree. I'm thinking the best thing about having Flynn may just very well be the veteran presence he brings.

Depends on how much time he gets on the practice field. If he's able to start practicing in two weeks, then it will be at least another week before he plays, I would imagine.

I cant reveal that but if you go through the other inside info that I have dropped it has

all come true.

Thanks Kirby...excellent news!

For others reference, Kirby has indeed provided accurate inside info in the past (i.e. breaking the Kevin Kolb visit well before any media outlet reported it), so there's no reason to doubt him here.