Byrd Is Ready To Go

sven233

Marrone just said in his presser that Jairus Byrd told him he was good to go before game. Marrone made the decision for him not to play.

Need to get a lot of guys healthy, but looks like he will be back sooner than later. Finally.

I'm glad he made him sit. For 2 reasons:

1- He might be ready but that doesn't mean he's in better shape than our other safeties, and just because he's ready doesn't mean he knows the defense as well as the other safeties.

2- Good, screw you Tyrd!!! You think that just because its a nationally televised game and you want to show off, you think we are desperate to have you play?

Good for Marrone.

Byrd is magically ready for a Primetime game...?

Nope I'd make him sit and earn his reps in practice...he's not in game shape, and he probably was told by Parker to play so he can showcase himself.

Take away his leverage, let him play normal Sunday games when everyone isn't watching.

Nope I'd make him sit and earn his reps in practice...he's not in game shape, and he probably was told by Parker to play so he can showcase himself.

Take away his leverage, let him play normal Sunday games when everyone isn't watching.

yup

Right...Other teams can't get film of the Bills' games for the purpose of player evaluation. :lol:

Right...Other teams can't get film of the Bills' games for the purpose of player evaluation. :lol:

Can they evaluate him now after not being in any camps, pre-season games or regular season games with a well documented "condition" over 8 months removed from any actual playing time?

Edited by Jdragon2

Marrone just said in his presser that Jairus Byrd told him he was good to go before game. Marrone made the decision for him not to play.

Need to get a lot of guys healthy, but looks like he will be back sooner than later. Finally.

There's no way Byrd plays for Buffalo next year and the Bills aren't making the playoffs this year either. Trade him now for whatever you can get which could probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Can they evaluate him now after not being in any camps, pre-season games or regular season games with a well documented "condition" over 8 months removed from any actual playing time?

They can evaluate him in any game he plays in whether it's primetime on Thursday or Sunday afternoon......The point was silly.

If marrones decision was anything other than "we don't think he's one of our 45 best" I will say i think it was wrong. Especially in a game in the Afc that was decided by one score.

If marrone made the call he wasn't ready to contribute as much as our 6/7th guy in the secondary good on him for making a tough call.

For a guy that's played in many schemes in his short career I find it hard to believe he couldn't have been used in packages or as depth at the very least.

your in the minority

If seeing Byrd fail means more to you than buffalo win, I'm glad to be in the minority. That anyone is posting they are happy he was unable to showcase his skills is crazy. I'm ok if they didn't believe he could, but if you'd be happy with it being some sort of sabotage of a player who might've looked good.... Well...