Bucs Release Josh Freeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where there is smoke there is fire. Bucs are privy to some knowledge. Why else drop your starting QB all the while paying him $6.6 million this year?

well, their GM is one of the idiots that got bamboozled into a prank phone call with Buddy Nix.

bucrightoff says:

Oct 3, 2013 2:24 PM

This is a sleeper move by the Bucs. Release him knowing he’s going to Jacksonville, the Jags will win 3 games while the Bucs win 2, and the Bucs get Teddy Bridgewater instead.

122 19

What Schiano and the Bucs did to that kid is criminal. What a piece of **** organization. I hope the NFLPA goes after them. I can't wait to kick the **** out of them this year.

Yeah I started a thread regarding what's going on in TB...its a childish, personal vendetta against a player by a coach...just ridiculous...

Until we have the whole story…which we may never get…I’ll reserve judgment. There are 2 sides to every story. Freeman did play really bad over the past 10+ games (without looking up stats, he’s really only had 1 good season) and we have no idea how he’s carried himself behind closed doors. It definitely doesn’t sound like he’s a leader. He oversleeps and misses the team photo. He pouted over not being voted team captain by his peers. Who knows what kind of conversations he’s had with Schiano.

Definitely a strange situation and I am interested as more info gets leaked.

The kid threw for over 4,000 yards, 27 TD's and 17 INT's last year.

I mean, c'mon.

I agree, sounds like the perfect opportunity for the Jags. Hope it works out well for both Josh and the Jags, if they do. Hope the Bucs fans enjoy their lost year. Guess they are looking at getting lucky next year like the Colts did with a top pick and all the QB in the draft.

What Schiano and the Bucs did to that kid is criminal. What a piece of **** organization. I hope the NFLPA goes after them. I can't wait to kick the **** out of them this year.

Agree 100% and hopefully, Freeman proves him wrong. But hey, any time you can support a 68-67 Rutgers coach over a 25 yo QB who has a bunch of your team's records, you gotta do it.

The kid threw for over 4,000 yards, 27 TD's and 17 INT's last year.

I mean, c'mon.

And he fell apart in the 2nd half because both of his starting guards got hurt. He also threw 25 tds to 6 ints in a pervious year. IMO, I'd be all over him if I was Whaley. Similar game to Manuel, a ton of upside still, he's cheap, and he should want to prove himself.

I currently live in the Tampa Bay area. Among the local radio guys, the consensus is that Josh Freeman is a major question mark as a QB; and not the kind of guy you want to build your team around.

This makes me like him more. Most radio guys are morons. TB has run Doug Williams, Steve Young, Vinny Testaverde out of town.

really? Cause the story I heard yesterday was that the team did vote him one of their captains, but the thought is that the poll was rigged by the coaches so that he wouldn't become captain.

Of course only the players in that locker room would be able to tell you that, but if be interested in hearing what really happened.

I hadn’t heard that. If that is actually true…wow…just wow!!!

This whole situation stemmed fromt he fact that Schiano had a big falling out with him.................to the point that they could not be civil to one another. After that, I think Schiano just wanted him out.

We obviously don't know all of the facts, but from a pure talent standpoint Freeman could definitely help somebody to improve their starting QB situation. Starting caliber NFL QBs are very hard to find.

The Bills only have Manuel and Tuel. If I were Whaley I would definitely be looking into what it would take to pick Freeman up.