@Browns - Thursday Night Football

bobobonators

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland native/Buffalo resident here. This will be the only week I'm not rooting for the Bills. Some insights:

- The Browns D is for real. Outstanding against the run and very good overall. Their rankings are not out of line with who they are. Adrian Peterson looked ordinary. 3.5 YPC with a long of 9. Ray Rice made the mistake of spitting in Phil Taylor's face and the Browns beat the crap out of him. He left injured and hasn't played a down since. The chinks in the armor have been allowing mobile QBs to hurt them both by scrambling and running. They also don't have a quality safety outside of Ward.

- Offensively things have changed since Hoyer has started and Gordon has come back from his two game suspension for purple drank. It was noted on the Browns site that the offense during the first two weeks would be ranked 30th overall, but during the last two weeks it would be 11th. The Bills front seven is imposing and I would be doubly concerned if all of the DBs were healthy. Even so that fight could go either way. The Browns do get their RT back which should help. The RT, Schwartz, was really exposed by speed rushers in the first two games, but settled in a bit. Something to watch though.

- Specials. The punter looks good, the coverage and return games are good, but there has been a run of injuries at kicker. The kicker du jour was 1 of 3 against the Bungles.

Cleveland sees this game much like Buffalo does and the teams are very much alike. The fans aren't taking it as a gimme by any stretch and the Browns are looking at it as a statement game (just like the Bills). Hopefully we will see a good game with no injuries.

Cincy and Miami are elite running teams?

As for Petersen, yesterday's 100 yard game was his first of the season. It's been a below average season for him so far.

Stopping a healthy Baltimore attack is impressive, I'll grant you.

lol. I said SOME. And your comment about AP is laughable. Why bother.

Lol.. elite rushing teams? Baltimore rushed for less than 20 yards against the Bills. The Vikings suck.. they are 1-3 for a reason only beating an 0-4 team.. AP can't do it all and his average is only 4.6 this year and only broke 100 yards once. The law firm is horrible and Bernard gets mostly 3rd down looks.. Miami's running game is far from elite.. I don't disagree that the Browns are solid.. but they have not faced elite rushing attacks.

1. We're 4 games into the season - calm down. Ray Rice = Elite. AP = Best RB in NFL. Stop making yourself look foolish and lets not get into semantics about what's "elite". If Ray Rice and AP aren't elite I sure as heck don't know what you consider elite.

Edited by bobobonators

This game actually has some "sizzle" to it. I've heard some national radio shows already mentioning it and I'm sure tomorrow and Thursday they will talk about the surprising Browns and Bills matchup. I hate that our RB's are dinged up....if they can somehow gut this out, they can have 10 days to recover.

Cleveland native/Buffalo resident here. This will be the only week I'm not rooting for the Bills. Some insights:

- The Browns D is for real. Outstanding against the run and very good overall. Their rankings are not out of line with who they are. Adrian Peterson looked ordinary. 3.5 YPC with a long of 9. Ray Rice made the mistake of spitting in Phil Taylor's face and the Browns beat the crap out of him. He left injured and hasn't played a down since. The chinks in the armor have been allowing mobile QBs to hurt them both by scrambling and running. They also don't have a quality safety outside of Ward.

- Offensively things have changed since Hoyer has started and Gordon has come back from his two game suspension for purple drank. It was noted on the Browns site that the offense during the first two weeks would be ranked 30th overall, but during the last two weeks it would be 11th. The Bills front seven is imposing and I would be doubly concerned if all of the DBs were healthy. Even so that fight could go either way. The Browns do get their RT back which should help. The RT, Schwartz, was really exposed by speed rushers in the first two games, but settled in a bit. Something to watch though.

- Specials. The punter looks good, the coverage and return games are good, but there has been a run of injuries at kicker. The kicker du jour was 1 of 3 against the Bungles.

Cleveland sees this game much like Buffalo does and the teams are very much alike. The fans aren't taking it as a gimme by any stretch and the Browns are looking at it as a statement game (just like the Bills). Hopefully we will see a good game with no injuries.

I agree with all of this. I know how excited the Browns fans are to be on national TV, just like the Bills are especially when it is at home. I think it will be a very interesting game to watch and a low-scoring game, as most Bills-Browns games have been.

if we can beat the Ravens, we can beat the Browns... by no means will it be an easy game, but a game we can win

The Bills can beat anyone. But we all know the impact of injuries, a short week, playing on the road... anything can happen and usually does. Browns favored by 4.5 now... that's fine, I prefer to be the underdog. Let Hoyer be the media darling for the week.

The Bills can beat anyone. But we all know the impact of injuries, a short week, playing on the road... anything can happen and usually does. Browns favored by 4.5 now... that's fine, I prefer to be the underdog. Let Hoyer be the media darling for the week.

I do not like the line moving in that direction.

I think with our injuries this is a tough game... I like our chances much better if McKelvin is back... CJ / Freddie injuries on a short week is bad timing vs this team..

Don't let Hoyer look like a HOFer and you got a good chance to win a low scoring game.

And they can lose to anybody. If EJ continues to flop going deep, I think a QB with the first pick next year becomes the priority at OBD. Team is built to play fast and loose. So far, EJ's killing them.

And they can lose to anybody. If EJ continues to flop going deep, I think a QB with the first pick next year becomes the priority at OBD. Team is built to play fast and loose. So far, EJ's killing them.

This is an, ahem, "interesting" take.

How is it laughable? It's a fact. AP would be the first one to admit it.

And "some" implies more than one.

SOME = RAVENS and VIKINGS. But ya, Rice and AP are below avg running attack. Nonsense man. AP is 2nd in rushing the league after 4 games. This conversation is absurd.

SOME = RAVENS and VIKINGS. But ya, Rice and AP are below avg running attack. Nonsense man. AP is 2nd in rushing the league after 4 games. This conversation is absurd.

For AP it's average. Obviously he's one of the best rushers in the league. But his numbers, and rushing numbers in general, seem to be down this year.

Just because its "average" for AP doesnt make it any less impressive. AP isnt a robot. Its average for AP and through only 4 games hes on pace for +1600yds rushing and 20td. Tthis back and forth is silly semantics.

Hopefully we can get +100yds rushing vs browns but its doubtful.

I wouldn't exactly say they shut down the Vikings. Peterson and Ponder, who ran on designed runs, ran 28 times 134 yards and 3 TDs. They specifically couldn't stop ponder.

Ponder is pretty athletic as a runner but not as accurate through the air. I think his pocket presence is shaky. I have a feeling some EJ read option will factor into the game plan.