They're putting Fitz in the Titans game

Beebes Bubble

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He most certainly was part of the problem here. Not all of the problem, but certainly part of it.

I still hope he does well, at least this week. After this week, I hope the Titans lose out, they could take a WC spot from us!!

This. While I loved his attitude and heart, he just simply didn't have the arm to get it done. Was he hurt by poor coaching? Absolutely. But, he wasn't and will never be a Super Bowl winning quality QB with his skill set. I would still love him as our backup QB.

Fitz was certainly part of the problem. I'll give you that the defense was one of the worst I've ever seen but the fact Fitz couldn't be counted on to regularly execute was absolutely a contributor to last season's finish.

Fitz has his flaws but it's tough to look good with the wide-outs he was throwing to. Other than SJ he had nothing.

Fitz is and has always been a great backup. His ceiling just isn't that high. He has a great work ethic, attitude, intelligence, skill... but the talent level isn't where it needs to be for franchise QB. He was brutal last year. Bills were caught up in the hype and jumped the extension, bad move - but it wasn't all that much $. Someone just tweeted that the 3.25 mill the Titans were paying him as a backup was well worth it for the insurance he provides. True, but they may have to deal with a QB controversy at some point and the cycle will continue. Fitz didn't want to stay here as a backup and I don't blame him. I think one of the best things EJ has going for him is that there isn't that "capable vet" waiting in the wings. It is all him, he knows it, he isn't going to be replaced by Jeff Tuel. As a rookie, it is better to have this confidence than to have competition breathing down your shoulder. Kolb was supposed to be that guy, it didn't work out. Tuel knows EJ is the man ans even if he makes some mistakes, it is on him to get better and learn from them and get 100% of the reps than to worry about whether he is going to get benched. When/if Sanchez returns, Geno may deal with that.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

The ref got blasted in the play

It wasn't a good pass. It was five yards short. But it was good enough to be a 40 yard completion. The Ref somewhat caused the play to be a TD, getting in the way, but it was going to be completed anyway. Still, the pass was both way short, and still good enough to be a completion. The Ref prevented (maybe) the tackle, not the completion.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Fitz was certainly part of the problem. I'll give you that the defense was one of the worst I've ever seen but the fact Fitz couldn't be counted on to regularly execute was absolutely a contributor to last season's finish.

Who did he have to throw the ball to? Jones? cut, Nelson? cut, Roosevent? cut, Dickerson? cut, Smith, Martin, hands of stone TJ or I drop everything Stevie, c'mon now!

I'm glad EJ is here but Fitz wasn't the problem. Fitz took way to many chances because he had to.

It wasn't a good pass. It was five yards short. But it was good enough to be a 40 yard completion. The Ref somewhat caused the play to be a TD, getting in the way, but it was going to be completed anyway. Still, the pass was both way short, and still good enough to be a completion. The Ref prevented (maybe) the tackle, not the completion.

Good post. Just saw the highlight reel. More like 10 yards short. Noodle arm, for sure. LOL

Sorry Titan fans!

Sorry for the fans 'cuz the Titans blew out the Jets? :flirt:

It's a tough break for Locker if it's as serious as the stretcher/ambulance thing would imply

Fitz wasn't "the Man" and it's probably best that B'lo moved on completely, but the Titans have one of the league's better backup QB.

If you disagree - list your choices for a better backup across the league.

Who did he have to throw the ball to? Jones? cut, Nelson? cut, Roosevent? cut, Dickerson? cut, Smith, Martin, hands of stone TJ or I drop everything Stevie, c'mon now!

I'm glad EJ is here but Fitz wasn't the problem. Fitz took way to many chances because he had to.

That argument would hold a lot more weight if he regularly hit the guys who were open. He didn't. I don't hate the guy but his limits were regularly exposed and he hit his ceiling in a very obvious manner.

I hope he does well, really well. Said it before, I'll say it again, he was not this team's problem last year . . . exhibit A = today's game won by a real Defense

I do like EJ and glad we have him, but Fitz was not the problem

Agreed. Fitz got the most out of his talent and with a solid D he could have been a solid QB