It's time to sit/trade EJ

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a rookie and he looks bad. I know it's his 3rd game, but he needs to sit for Tuel. Tuel looked great in the preseason and doesn't even need an offensive line(he played behind a backup line all preseason). So I say we sit OR TRADE ej. I know that everyone's not going to agree, but if we trade EJ and CJ to a team that needs a raw rookie QB and a mediocre, undersized luxury pick RB, we might be able to get a good guard and possibly another TE to help Tuel out for the wild card game come January. Trust me, it seems like a rash decision now, but when Tuel throws for his 3,000th yard in december, no one is going to want me to bring this post up, because it will be a huge I TOLD YOU SO.

I was among those opposed to drafting Manuel. I didn't change my mind after the draft; because I trust my own judgement more than I trust the Bills' front office.

I'm also among those curious about Tuel. Odds are against him becoming the successor to Kelly, but at least I'd like to see what he could do.

That said, when a team uses a first round pick on a QB, it shouldn't then give up on him after just three games.

"Would Mr. Darcy then consider the rashness of your original intention as atoned for by your obstinacy in adhering to it?" Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, chapter 10.

In this case, the answer to Elizabeth's question is yes. However rash the Bills may have been in drafting Manuel, they must now be obstinate in adhering to him. At least until he's been given a fair chance. If at the end of two years Manuel is still struggling with the mental side of the game, then the Bills will have to start thinking about going in a different direction.

I'll catch hell for this, but why not let Tuel get a rep every now and again? I think he'd be a great change-of-pace guy. Might serve to spell/motivate EJ a little. He's not much of an athlete, but Tuel gets rid of the ball fast. -I like that.

Once Marrone/Hackett add some much-needed targets to this LAME offense, I wouldn't mind seeing Tuel thrown into the mix. -Not too much... Just enough to keep EJ competitive, and give opponents something to ponder.

I was among those opposed to drafting Manuel. I didn't change my mind after the draft; because I trust my own judgement more than I trust the Bills' front office.

I'm also among those curious about Tuel. Odds are against him becoming the successor to Kelly, but at least I'd like to see what he could do.

That said, when a team uses a first round pick on a QB, it shouldn't then give up on him after just three games.

"Would Mr. Darcy then consider the rashness of your original intention as atoned for by your obstinacy in adhering to it?" Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, chapter 10.

In this case, the answer to Elizabeth's question is yes. However rash the Bills may have been in drafting Manuel, they must now be obstinate in adhering to him. At least until he's been given a fair chance. If at the end of two years Manuel is still struggling with the mental side of the game, then the Bills will have to start thinking about going in a different direction.

Bills fans have nothing but time!

I'll catch hell for this, but why not let Tuel get a rep every now and again? I think he'd be a great change-of-pace guy. Might serve to spell/motivate EJ a little. He's not much of an athlete, but Tuel gets rid of the ball fast. -I like that.

Once Marrone/Hackett add some much-needed targets to this LAME offense, I wouldn't mind seeing Tuel thrown into the mix. -Not too much... Just enough to keep EJ competitive, and give opponents something to ponder.

Peyton,Brady,Marino..none very good athletes

He's a rookie and he looks bad. I know it's his 3rd game, but he needs to sit for Tuel. Tuel looked great in the preseason and doesn't even need an offensive line(he played behind a backup line all preseason). So I say we sit OR TRADE ej. I know that everyone's not going to agree, but if we trade EJ and CJ to a team that needs a raw rookie QB and a mediocre, undersized luxury pick RB, we might be able to get a good guard and possibly another TE to help Tuel out for the wild card game come January. Trust me, it seems like a rash decision now, but when Tuel throws for his 3,000th yard in december, no one is going to want me to bring this post up, because it will be a huge I TOLD YOU SO.

Can the mods ban this troll? Please?

Because it doesn't help the guy they went all in on, Ej Manuel. This season is ALL ABOUT his development. Giving tuel a couple plays here and there is stupid. Give the guy you believe is the QB of the future the ball and let him develop. What's wrong with you people?

Can the mods ban this troll? Please?

Because it doesn't help the guy they went all in on, Ej Manuel. This season is ALL ABOUT his development. Giving tuel a couple plays here and there is stupid. Give the guy you believe is the QB of the future the ball and let him develop. What's wrong with you people?

Ban people you don't agree with? It's feeling an awful lot like 1984 in here.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I think the "development" scenario you describe could be effective for some. However, for many, the competitive route proves more successful long-term.

Motivation is critical for development. No one is seriously talking about taking the ball from EJ Manuel -If anything, Tuel's presence could add a new wrinkle to an offense that is clearly a work in progress anyway. If that happens to make EJ nervous, I say GOOD. -Let him worry a little bit. Where is it written that rookie QB life should be care-free?

I think a far bigger obstacle to EJ's development is the lack of weapons and creativity in this new offense. I'm watching these guys trying to pound CJ up the middle when it CLEARLY wasn't working.... TJ Graham cannot get any separation from defenders. Once he's jammed at the LOS, he is completely neutralized. Stevie is inconsistent, and immature... His selfish, undisciplined, antics cost the team penalty yards, which further disrupts EJ's development. So what exactly is leaving EJ alone to endure more reps in a bad system going to do for his morale?

I support EJ 100% as our our starter. -However, the business-as-usual status quo guide to quarterback development may not work in the present environment. I don't mind Jeff Tuel's occaisional presence while things are being figured out.

See if you can work in a little Tess of the D'UrberBills.

microscopes ?

And what is our other option at QB? You think Tuel will be better? They are both rookies and will make mistakes. Your thought of trading Manuel after three games is beyond idiotic, especially after what he showed he can do at the end of the Carolina game. The kid has great potential and it will come in time. Take a look at Peyton Manning's stats his first season.....good thing Indy didn't follow your logic.

Ponder plays for the Vikings.....