Andy Levitre

BreezeMafia

You don't give OT money to a guard.

The pass protection was good enough.

Tennessee did and last year's losing team is now 2 & 1. Levitre was signed for what 60 mil? Tennessee then drafted the guard from Alabama with it's first rd. pick. So the idea that you don't give big money to a guard or use a high pick for one is simply uninformed. If you watched last night's Chicago/Pittsburg game you might have noticed the comments about how good Chicago's O-line looked with the insertion of Kyle Long at guard. Long was a second round selection in this last draft.

If you think the pass protection was good enough after E.J was sacked seven times I might be talking to someone who just doesn't understand football. It all starts up front. With a good O-line C.J. runs through holes, without one he gets stuffed behind the LOS. With a good O-line E.J. finds a receiver that has time to shake a db. Without one he gets sacked. Simple as that. You simply waist the employment of good QBs and running backs if you don't have a competent O-line. Now that the entire league knows that Buffalo is playing with no left guard, and journeymen at the right guard and right tackle positions, you can expect a lot of blitzing this year. Lets hope it doesn't shell shock E.J.

Regarding our new GM; Byrd had planter fasceitous last year yet our gm chose to let Levitri go with the intention of trying to resign Byrd? There were free agent guards available before the season started and our new GM failed to sign any of them except Legurski who was beaten out for the LG position by a swinging door. Two years ago, when Mankins was recovering from a knee injury, Belicheat brought in guard after free agent guard for a try out to learn which one was the best to sign in the event Mankins could not go. I don't recall out new GM bringing any one in except Legurski. And what about our new head coach, the one time O-line coach. Many feel that 6'7 and 6'8" O-lineman can't play guard because they're too tall and can't get low enough to drive block. Our new head coach apparently doesn't feel that way.

I don't know. It's so hard to follow this team I don't know why I've stayed with them since 1960.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we all feel about giving a guard big time money now? Just saying. When he was playing for the Bills, he was no doubt our best O Lineman. Looks like we will have to revisit the guard spot in April 2014.

I would have loved giving Louis Vasquez $20M. Still wouldn't have given Levtire $40+M. And if you think Levitre would have stopped 8 sacks and 16 QB hits, you don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

I'm more upset at OBD for determining that we had the next LG "already on the roster." We don't. But it's not a problem that takes $40M to fix, probably not even half that.

Explain To me how Levitre would have won the game? Idiot calling people idiots now I seen it all.

Colon Brown gave up about 6 sacks and probably closer to 20 hurries, pressures and knockdowns.

So like I'm thinking even if Levitre halves that. You know the Bills have a much better chance of converting those FGs to TDS.

Thats how.

8M for a win. Kinda of a no brainer.

Forget Levitre.

If we didnt want to spend big money on a guard we coulda resigned Chad Rinehart for peanuts and he coulda been starting.

He was at least servicable the last couple years in spot duty.

Colin Brown was always awful.

There is no excuse for losing two of your top three Gs

I would have loved giving Louis Vasquez $20M. Still wouldn't have given Levtire $40+M. And if you think Levitre would have stopped 8 sacks and 16 QB hits, you don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

I'm more upset at OBD for determining that we had the next LG "already on the roster." We don't. But it's not a problem that takes $40M to fix, probably not even half that.

Exactly. Losing Levitre doesnt mean we cant sign someone else. and FWIW - Rinehart replaced Vasques in SD. (not sure if he is starting or not though). Aka SD lost their G and replaced him. We didnt.

Also another good point about our FO being horrible. As if we didnt already know that.

Its not just this years cap they have to concerned with.

Not getting a competent replacement was the mistake, not letting Levitre walk

Agree, but I'm not sure the difference ? --- let Levitre walk and sign a replacement of his equal and I would be fine --- let Levitre walk (and Rinehart) and saddle the line with Colin Brown is what boggles the mind

How do we all feel about giving a guard big time money now? Just saying. When he was playing for the Bills, he was no doubt our best O Lineman. Looks like we will have to revisit the guard spot in April 2014.

First off there is no question Levitre is a good player...every Bills fan knows it and every Bills fan would have like to have seen Levitre come back at a fair price...

But the problem was not letting Levitre go for outrageous OG money...The problem is, and will continue to be, not finding a viable replacement for him in Free Agency or in the Draft... B-)

Its not just this years cap they have to concerned with.

Not getting a competent replacement was the mistake, not letting Levitre walk

They had and still have more than enough money to pay Levitre, Byrd and keep others who might hit FA in the next few years --- cap only becomes issue if they field a team of stars, after 13 years of futility, I think this FO should make assumption that if they get a guy in his prime who is very good, like Byrd and Levitre, PAY HIM ---- if down the line others develop into those type players, i.e. Glenn, Carrington, Dareus --- let's worry about that when and if it happens

Forget Levitre.

If we didnt want to spend big money on a guard we coulda resigned Chad Rinehart for peanuts and he coulda been starting.

He was at least servicable the last couple years in spot duty.

Colin Brown was always awful.

There is no excuse for losing two of your top three Gs

Exactly. Losing Levitre doesnt mean we cant sign someone else. and FWIW - Rinehart replaced Vasques in SD. (not sure if he is starting or not though). Aka SD lost their G and replaced him. We didnt.

Also another good point about our FO being horrible. As if we didnt already know that.

All true IMO. Idk that Andy was worth what he got. Very good player but not without flaws. The Rinehart decision I just don't get

however, unless, as some have suggested, he didn't want to play here.

There is a myth that good or at least serviceable guards are a dime a dozen. Not true.

Just look at Pitt with DeCastro who was supposed to be the next coming of John Hannah. He has looked awful before and since coming back after injury.

The best interior O line player in football is prolly Carl Nicks, a guard.

Absolutely. And as bad as the defense was, they might have been just a little better with a quality blocker helping to sustain drives and keep them off the field.

A very good player can have a huge impact on a game.....especially when the other option is a very bad player. As you mentioned, some sustained offensive drives would have helped this defense. I expect the injuries to keep piling up. The Carrington injury looked like it was just fatigue getting the best of him and his plant leg giving out. Teams with good offensive lines will do that to you.

you don't let your best players go let alone one of the best in the league.

good teams do let good players walk. its the nature of the beast. you know what the saints did when they let carl nicks walk for an absurd price? they signed a very capable starter in ben grubbs to replace him at half the cost. we had that opportunity to shuffle the cards a little and save cap space while still signing a good player at a fair market price instead of the inflated best available in free agency price. we passed.

Letting Levitre walk was the worst mistake since drafting Mike Williams. Oline was a strength last year, and CJ was the main beneficiary. We could of signed both no problem. Continuity helps with oline. And Glenn-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Pears is a damn good one. Amazing what a difference substitute Brown for Levitre is. With Levitre we probaly would be 3-0 right now. We !@#$ed up big time

Letting Levitre walk was the worst mistake since drafting Mike Williams. Oline was a strength last year, and CJ was the main beneficiary. We could of signed both no problem. Continuity helps with oline. And Glenn-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Pears is a damn good one. Amazing what a difference substitute Brown for Levitre is. With Levitre we probaly would be 3-0 right now. We !@#$ed up big time

i dont think AL's agent would even make the 3-0 argument, though it wouldve been nice to have him (minus the "OMG can you believe we paid a guy that couldnt participate in the offseason due to a knee injury" threads)

Colon Brown gave up about 6 sacks and probably closer to 20 hurries, pressures and knockdowns.

So like I'm thinking even if Levitre halves that. You know the Bills have a much better chance of converting those FGs to TDS.

Thats how.

8M for a win. Kinda of a no brainer.

Not really. You make it out to be monopoly game easy.

good teams do let good players walk. its the nature of the beast. you know what the saints did when they let carl nicks walk for an absurd price? they signed a very capable starter in ben grubbs to replace him at half the cost. we had that opportunity to shuffle the cards a little and save cap space while still signing a good player at a fair market price instead of the inflated best available in free agency price. we passed.

First, we are not a good team, haven't been one for more than a decade. Second, the ONLY way this team will get better is to keep the good players we have, not signing Levitre made no sense, afterall, what did we spend the money we saved on ?? . . . . Answer: NOTHING, it remains unspent. Criminal. Certainly not the way to "restore the brand"

I had no problem letting Levitre walk. What I do have a problem with was that they didn't even attempt to bring in a serviceable replacement. Collin Brown is a dumpster fire

This is the MAJOR problem. They let Levitre walk, then don't sign Reinheart. Then they refuse to find a competent replacement. Also, they should have foreseen the trouble signing Byrd and traded him for some extra picks, that could have been used on Levitre's replacement.

This is the MAJOR problem. They let Levitre walk, then don't sign Reinheart. Then they refuse to find a competent replacement. Also, they should have foreseen the trouble signing Byrd and traded him for some extra picks, that could have been used on Levitre's replacement.

Or spend some of the $20 million in cap space.