Who tops your list of "he's just not cuttn' it?" Who d

Armchair GM

Dude, you do realize that his 1st 2 years he was IR'd, last year on the practice squad? You make it sound as though he's seen the playing field during the regular season, which AFAIK he has not until this year - and this year only on ST so far.

Graham, on the other hand, has had a shot at the playing field.. I think he is getting a break because he's been open at times and EJ has missed him short but I don't like his hands, I don't like his blocking, and I don't see his ability to avoid the jam on the line. I would like to see Easley get a shot.

I could be mistaken. I thought he had seen the field during the regular season before this year. Don't get me wrong, I am still pulling for him, and do hope he gets his chance to see some quality playing time, but at some point you have to cut your losses. It just always seemed like it was something with him...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not crippling only because he's sandwiched between Glenn and Wood. I just went through two games of coaches' film, and I have never seen a lineman be so consistently chasing the man he's supposed to be blocking. More than a few broken plays - Spiller's fumble last week, Spiller's nine yard loss this week, Jackson's four yard loss in the first quarter this week - can be traced directly to a missed block by Brown.

His failures are so complete, they're almost entertaining to watch (his blocking on Spiller's nine yard loss is so awful it's strangely compelling...it's not every day you see the left guard let the RDT force a run over the right guard back inside. I'd post screen captures if I could.) If someone's tackling Spiller, you can be pretty sure that Colin Brown is standing nearby, watching.

Oh lord. I haven't keyed on him that closely consistently. Knew he was playing really bad but... I guess that first part is part of the calculated risk possibility. Evaluating the line as a unit instead of 5 individuals, maybe they thought it was good enough? Not trying to make excuses as much as spitball possible answers of why they didnt use more money on this problem besides just the cheap factor

Oh lord. I haven't keyed on him that closely consistently. Knew he was playing really bad but... I guess that first part is part of the calculated risk possibility. Evaluating the line as a unit instead of 5 individuals, maybe they thought it was good enough? Not trying to make excuses as much as spitball possible answers of why they didnt use more money on this problem besides just the cheap factor

I think the Bills believed they had a servicable left guard on the roster, based upon training camp and preseason play of Brown, Saunders, etc.

The problem is, they were mistaken. I imagine there is an element of uncertaintly, someone who looks good in TC and preseason can disappear at any position.

Colin Brown. There's really no one out there better than him? REALLY? The run game has been all but nonexistent to the left side because of this clown.

Next would be the merry band of "cornerbacks" that play on the outside opposite of McKelvin (who has been average) in Gilmore's stead. Rogers, Brooks, anyone but Robey has been BAD.

I think the Bills believed they had a servicable left guard on the roster, based upon training camp and preseason play of Brown, Saunders, etc.

The problem is, they were mistaken. I imagine there is an element of uncertaintly, someone who looks good in TC and preseason can disappear at any position.

The left guards were awful in camp too. Brown is a center only. I'm not sure he has the athleticism to get any better. I am hoping the Bills are prepared for the extra attention that Brown's struggles are going to attract from the Jets. He is bad enough that you need to scheme the offensive action away from him.

Justin Rogers. In my 30+ years of watching football, this was literally the worst display of CB play I've ever seen.

He's been this bad for 2 years now, he just didn't have as many opportunities to show it so often

I am going to be the only one here saying it. Rogers today was in over his head but he isn't deserving of being on this list. He is a #3 CB playing #1 with no help over the top because our #1 and #2 safeties were not playing. AWilliams went to CB after McKelvin went down.

The injuries are compounding everything. Gilmore and Byrd might be the difference in at least 7 points today. CJ couldn't get going, and got hurt. Frankly, depth outside of the running game is atrocious on this team. That issues goes to the front office, who really is not (and has not) cut it for nearly 2 decades.

Yeah...that sack on Manuel? Typical Brown block. Probably about average for him.

So why weren't the Jets picking on the #4 CB, Nickell Robey, a rookie UDFA?

they also do not have a good 3rd, 4th wr's. not sure what happened to kerley as the game went on, but you noticed when mckelvin left santonio holes caught on fire.

they also do not have a good 3rd, 4th wr's. not sure what happened to kerley as the game went on, but you noticed when mckelvin left santonio holes caught on fire.

They don't have a good #1 WR, either. Holmes is average. Rogers couldn't cover Stephen "Thrill" Hill even before McKelvin left the game