Let's give Stevie Johnson some negative attention

davspo

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately, the problem for me is simple: I can easily list 4-5 drops over SJ's career that have been just about as ill-timed as they can be. Unfortunately - off memory alone - I can't list 4-5 catches that he made that proved to be game-changers.

Good WR overall, but DAMN he seems to have a knack for making bone-headed drops (or penalties) at critical moments.

Pats WR had about 4 drops today...

But on their first TD, the receiver made an unreal catch, as the ball was a frozen rope, and it was behind him too. They may have had a few drops, but overall, they were VERY good.

As for Stevie, EVERY sports fan in the world would surely agree that he should just STFU and play. Hi is an embarrassment to himself, and the organization.

Please. It was a drop on a poorly thrown ball. It happens.

Poorly thrown? he had two hands on it. Granted it was not perfectly thrown. The bottom line is that big time players make big time plays at critical moments in games. He is a vet now and he dropped a ball that he should have caught. The classy thing for him to do now is to learn from it (again) and let better play speak for him.

Funny I remember when SJ dropped one in green bay when he was a nobody and everyone ripped him...then for 3 years everyone sings his praises, I said he kinda sucks this preseason and has bad hands and get ridiculed as a troll etc. So which is it? is SJ great? does he suck? or is he average? I think the latter. thanks hipocrites for finally getting on board. SJ doesn't suck, the pass was a little more difficult than it looked but no one was even near him and it could have won the game.....SJ isn't clutch that's for sure.

Please. It was a drop on a poorly thrown ball. It happens.

That's what the Stevie apologists have been saying for years - oh, Fitz can't throw, Stevie's drops are all poorly thrown balls.

The fact is, Fredex, who is not a wideout and whose primary job is to run not catch, very neatly hauled in and tucked away a similar poorly thrown ball. The fact is, other wideouts on other teams routinely haul in these less-than-perfect throws. The fact is, I've seen ex-players like Darryl Talley make comments "#13 never goes back for the ball".

Memo to Stevie: it is, in fact, possible, for a wide receiver in the NFL to haul in, catch, secure, and make a play on, a less than perfectly thrown ball. In fact, a poorly thrown ball. It's your job. Get over yourself and do it.

Poorly thrown? he had two hands on it. Granted it was not perfectly thrown. The bottom line is that big time players make big time plays at critical moments in games. He is a vet now and he dropped a ball that he should have caught. The classy thing for him to do now is to learn from it (again) and let better play speak for him.

This.

Edited by Hopeful

Bragging all week how the pats couldn't stop him...well the pats didn't need to stop him because he stopped himself. He HAS to make that catch on 3rd down to keep the drive going. The ball was a bit off the mark but come on it hit him in the hands...look at the catch Freddie made. Just shut up and play ball Stevie!

Yeah let's bash Stevie alone on this one, it's ALL on him. We've had 1 semi consistent player over the last couple of years, who by the way seems to actually enjoy playing in Buffalo, and there is a select few who can't wait to run him out of town because they don't agree with him having fun. What about the really nice TD grab he had? Lets forget about that.

Yes, he is partially to blame for the loss. But what about Spiller who was garbage today or Chandler who couldn't stop causing penalties early on? Do they get a pass because they act how you deem to be appropriate?

Stupid and ridiculous.

well said.

He should have caught it. Yes. Did it cost is the game? Yes. But he also had a very nice TD and there were plenty of other mistakes by other players that could have won the game for us as well.

At the end of the day, you've gotta catch that ball, but I'm not going to lynch him because of it.