New England didn't win that game Buffalo lost it.

26TrapDraw

Yes, but those chances we gave them were actually good plays by them (i.e., the countless third down conversions).

NE definitely earned the win and made the most of their chances.

I think our D was getting a bit spent with a few quick 3 and outs. While I love an up tempo fast paced Offense, you also have to play to win; part of that is how you play when you have the lead. Yes you still try to score, but you try to run the clock down a bit and have a long grind out drive or 2 to take time away and limit the other teams offensive opportunities. We should have done that - especially with Brady as the QB....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Young team can't get it done in the 4th. I'd hate to talk about moral victories but I can't wait to see what this team looks like next week.

13 years and counting of moral victories.

i would like some REAL victories please. No more excuses.

This is BS. Spiller is a star running back and our coaches don't have a clue how to use him. That counter tray running play they kept running every single running play suites Freddy's game not Spillers. Freddy is a find the hole running back and Spiller needs open field. That was the most ridiculous play to keep calling constantly. C'mon that's all we have in the playbook for Spiller?

Being a "star" running back, I expect Spiller to step up when his number is called. If a counter play is called, run you ass off and make it work. If its a dive play, make it work. You don't have to like it, just do your damn job! I'd believe you if you blamed the line. But to put it on the pay calling is crazy. Great players play great in all circumstances not just when their best plays are called.

This is BS. Spiller is a star running back and our coaches don't have a clue how to use him. That counter tray running play they kept running every single running play suites Freddy's game not Spillers. Freddy is a find the hole running back and Spiller needs open field. That was the most ridiculous play to keep calling constantly. C'mon that's all we have in the playbook for Spiller?

EXACTLY!!! I can't even remember us running the play action from it. Complete bs play calling.

If u can't execute in a no huddle, than there's no need to run it.

The pats played like **** and we still loss. GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Being a "star" running back, I expect Spiller to step up when his number is called. If a counter play is called, run you ass off and make it work. If its a dive play, make it work. You don't have to like it, just do your damn job! I'd believe you if you blamed the line. But to put it on the pay calling is crazy. Great players play great in all circumstances not just when their best plays are called.

Do you get the sense that he is not giving it his best effort?

That's truly disingenuous. I see a guy who is trying too hard and not being given the right plays.

That said, the prescription was for more Freddie today. The Pats were far less prepared for him.

Pretty sure I saw the Pats gaining as many yards as they wanted late in the game. Primarily using a guy with one leg, and a no name running back.

No name running back? Are you serious? He was a 2nd round pick and expected to be a big part of their offense this year and was even going in mid rounds of fantasy drafts.

Geezus...here we go.

Thats about as ridiculous of a statement as I have seen on here, and I have seen some really ridiculous statements. You think great players always have great games? So I guess Manning has never thrown 4 picks in a game...oh wait he has. I guess Walter Payton never had a game where he his YPC were low and his yards were low...oh wait he has. Guess Jerry Rice never dropped a pass or had a low production game...oh wait he has.

To sit back and act like Spiller should just star everytime his number is called is ridiculous, that doesnt even happen in Madden. Spiller had a rough game, but he also had literally NO WHERE to go when he was handed the ball. There is literally ZERO reason to believe that it will continue all season.

I swear this board is the most emotionally irrational board I have ever seen. A board where Fitz can make one TD pass and he is now Jim Kelly despite his 4 INTs in the same game...or where Spiller is now magically a bust because he didnt have the best game today (a game coming off an emotionally traumatic life event that caused him to miss some time).

CJ Spiller is NOT our problem. We are a young team with a young staff...we made a lot of mistakes and still almost won. Mistakes will get better, this team will get better...relax

Edited by Alphadawg7

0-1 after the first game - with a bunch of Rookies starting - and most of you are ready to drink the kool-aid? For crimmoney sakes - sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy some football. There will be enough time to jump off the bridge (or enjoy a possible playoff run) later in the season!

That game was ours for the taking and I am actually pretty optimistic. Penalties were the killer. Other than that, I think the Bills did enough to win.

The defense was good. Especially considering we were missing our top two in the secondary. Offense was pretty good as well. Stevie doesn't drop that pass and who knows what happens.

All in all, I'd rather be in the Bills shoes than the Pats. The Pats are dying a slow, painful death and the Bills are getting better.

Feeling disappointed about the result but optimistic in general

TBD is once again optimist vs. pessimist. This team was taught some lessons today. They will learn from them and the team will improve. I am not sure Bellichick is happy with his team's performance.

You know what, I agree with you there. Take away the mistakes and we have a winner. This team hasn't looked as full of potential as they did today in a long long time. That said, Brady* was struggling with his receivers, partially due to pressure but also due to lack of chemistry.