Traditions.

stevestojan

Perhaps this is off the wall, and if so, I apologize.

But I'm curious to everyone else's traditions before the season starts.

I'm admittedly a pessimist. But !@#$ing die hard.

My tradition is every Saturday before the first game is to drink roughly 100 beers and then watch "A Town, A Team, A Dream" followed by the entire comeback game.

Perhaps not a tradition, but a superstition. Back during the Big Run in the early 90s, my brothers and I would head out from Avon to Orchard Park. We'd stop in a little greasy spoon in Caledonia, whereupon each table was a rack of jelly packages. The individual-serving kind. You know what I mean. Anyway, there was always three kinds. Grape, strawberry, and "mixed berry".

Like...what the "F" is mixed berry?

The tradition was to close your eyes and choose a jelly. Choosing "Mixed Berry" was like kissing Satan. If you chose "Mixed Berry", the Bills were going to lose. Yeah, I know it sounds weird, okay? But it happened. Goddamit, it happened.

I'm much older now. My kids have heard the legend. They're both die-hard Bills fans, and know that we all need as much luck as we can get. When I go out to breakfast with my two adult daughters..TO THIS DAY...they try to avoid "Mixed Berry".

Fear the "Mixed Berry" this Sunday.

Perhaps not a tradition, but a superstition. Back during the Big Run in the early 90s, my brothers and I would head out from Avon to Orchard Park. We'd stop in a little greasy spoon in Caledonia, whereupon each table was a rack of jelly packages. The individual-serving kind. You know what I mean. Anyway, there was always three kinds. Grape, strawberry, and "mixed berry".

Like...what the "F" is mixed berry?

The tradition was to close your eyes and choose a jelly. Choosing "Mixed Berry" was like kissing Satan. If you chose "Mixed Berry", the Bills were going to lose. Yeah, I know it sounds weird, okay? But it happened. Goddamit, it happened.

I'm much older now. My kids have heard the legend. They're both die-hard Bills fans, and know that we all need as much luck as we can get. When I go out to breakfast with my two adult daughters..TO THIS DAY...they try to avoid "Mixed Berry".

Fear the "Mixed Berry" this Sunday.

For the rest of my days, mixed berry anything will never be allowed in my home.

I just threw out an unopened jar of mixed berry jam. Then I realized the trash doesn't go out until next week, so I took it out of the trash and threw it under the neighbor's deck (dolphins fan)

Tip of the hat to you, good sir.

I don't really do anything other than use my Bills coffee mug Sunday mornings. Oh I guess I curse alot on Sundays, too. That's what my wife says anyway.

A few years ago, before going to each game I would go through my pre game routine, shower, watch highlights and game preview, listen to the pre game and of course, take a ****. Before the last victory against the pats, I wiped my ass with a piece of paper that said "Tom Brady" He went on to play like **** and throw 4 INTs

I shall reintroduce this tradition to ensure a wonderful Sunday.

During the 90s run, my dad and uncle used to put beers in plastic zip-lock bags and tape them to themselves under their shirts before they went into the stadium. I wasn't old enough at the time, but this has become a bit of a tradition for my friends and I, not the bringing into the stadium part.

Before each home game we have to drink at least one beer out of a plastic zip-lock bag.

A few years ago, before going to each game I would go through my pre game routine, shower, watch highlights and game preview, listen to the pre game and of course, take a ****. Before the last victory against the pats, I wiped my ass with a piece of paper that said "Tom Brady" He went on to play like **** and throw 4 INTs

Not that we don't believe you, but I think we're gonna have to have some proof. Just to be safe, you know. Photographic evidence will suffice.

Me, I'll have coffee from my Bills mug, then be in my Bills boxers, hopefully shorts if the weather cooperates, my Thurman SB XXV throwback and gathered with the gang in East Corning.

Edited by BillsBruce

A fine tradition returning! Make sure you load up on wings tonight so that's what Marcia wil be wiping off of you ass!

For us it was my kids eating Flutie Flakes, then it was TO's. Now we watch during dinner eating pizza in various Bills apparel.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm still getting Flutie Flakes off EBay. They get harder to eat each year, though. Last year I found the milk didn't soften them up AT ALL so I'm not really looking forward to this challenge on Sunday. Nor are my teeth. I actually may wake up an hour early to eat them to give myself time to take any medicine if they bother my stomach again this year. I'm breaking open a "new" box, and I worry that it won't be as well preserved as the 2nd box from last year. (1st box from last year was a rough one too.) I think I'm the only a-hole still buying these things. I just found 3 boxes in one listing on EBay and may have to buy that so I only need make one purchase this year.

I am glad they never made Rob Johnson California Orange Juice, though. As bad as the flakes are, drinking that stuff now would be disaster.

I'm still getting Flutie Flakes off EBay. They get harder to eat each year, though. Last year I found the milk didn't soften them up AT ALL so I'm not really looking forward to this challenge on Sunday. Nor are my teeth. I actually may wake up an hour early to eat them to give myself time to take any medicine if they bother my stomach again this year. I'm breaking open a "new" box, and I worry that it won't be as well preserved as the 2nd box from last year. (1st box from last year was a rough one too.) I think I'm the only a-hole still buying these things. I just found 3 boxes in one listing on EBay and may have to buy that so I only need make one purchase this year.

I am glad they never made Rob Johnson California Orange Juice, though. As bad as the flakes are, drinking that stuff now would be disaster.

You might want to put them in the blender and have a flutie-flake shake ;)

My task has been completed... Listened to the shout song while wiping Brady on my ass.

Take note Mario!

Make pancakes for my son every Sunday morning. Drink a couple coffee & Baileys while watching pre-game hype. Start drinking heavily around 11:00. 30 minutes prior to kickoff...put on Jersey, slip out to the garage for some "herbal refreshment," and then retire to my recliner along with gameday snacks, beer, and a bottle of scotch. Proceed to scream at my television (good or bad) for the next 3 hours.

Same routine since I became a family man.

Make pancakes for my son every Sunday morning. Drink a couple coffee & Baileys while watching pre-game hype. Start drinking heavily around 11:00. 30 minutes prior to kickoff...put on Jersey, slip out to the garage for some "herbal refreshment," and then retire to my recliner along with gameday snacks, beer, and a bottle of scotch. Proceed to scream at my television (good or bad) for the next 3 hours.

Same routine since I became a family man.

Gotta love a man with a plan :)

When I was in 7th grade, my parents bought me a Bills T-shirt which I then wore every single weekend until I outgrew it in like 9th grade. I truly believed that if I didn't wear it, the Bills would somehow lose because of it. My son started 7th grade this year and today for the first time, he's rockin my old school early 90's Bills tee.