So does Byrd play on sunday or not?

billsgpr88

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No info. Just my opinion. With the reports that he or Parker are trying to "engineer" a trade I say no he doesn't play. He will try to force the issue. Not like he loses money by staying out. Too bad because this only lowers his value. Oh ya speaking of value in all the Byrd debate about how he is the best safety and better than Polamalu etc I would just say to Jarius a pro bowl alternate isn't worrth the same as a pro bowler :nana:

Now I really hope my desire of a solid starting CB trade for him comes true. Sick of this. Happy times are coming back and your getting in the way. Adios.

No info. Just my opinion. With the reports that he or Parker are trying to "engineer" a trade I say no he doesn't play. He will try to force the issue. Not like he loses money by staying out. Too bad because this only lowers his value. Oh ya speaking of value in all the Byrd debate about how he is the best safety and better than Polamalu etc I would just say to Jarius a pro bowl alternate isn't worrth the same as a pro bowler :nana:

Now I really hope my desire of a solid starting CB trade for him comes true. Sick of this. Happy times are coming back and your getting in the way. Adios.

has anyone actually argued hes better than polamalu? i dont feel like ive seen that other than possibly "with polamalu on the downside of his career byrd is worth more now/long term - not that hes better than TP in his prime.

screw him. Put Leonhard back there. The fact that he knows Pettine's defense is at least somewhat comforting.

this---^

The fact that we are currently carrying 6 safeties should tell is all something. Especially when one of them is a former Pettine guy that I owns his defensive schemes/lingo in and out. Look for Leonard to quarterback this defensive backfield unit until A. Williams gets it and Gilmore gets back. Look for the rooks to get more playing time than Tyrd in this defense at least for the first few weeks to see how bad they do without the Tyrd.

Is he prepared to play through the pain for the team that is paying him $400k+ every match day.

I have no inside info either, but I would say if the "trade me" rumor is true, and if Parker/Byrd feel that the Bills are working on that in good faith, then I think he plays. Otherwise it is just another round in the ongoing pissing contest and Byrd sits because quite frankly, that's the only leverage he has.

I like having a great free safety, and hope he devotes himself to performing at his very best for his next 16-19 games as a Buffalo Bill, and worries about the rest after the season.

That said, I think he is more likely to be a selfish franchise tag cry baby (come down where you might, it is part of the CBA and a lot of dollars to complain about), and as such I expect he will consider not playing or not perform and a very high level. He is under contract and in uniform, so whatever he does week to week reflects on him as a player and a teammate, and he is writing his own story by how he goes about it.

In terms of the Polamalu comparisons, I think Byrd is an excellent center fielder but has much less of an impact around the line of scrimmage than TP, and that significantly undermines his overall value. He is a very very good player, should be paid as such, and I hope somehow the situation avoids blowing up.

I really don't care what Byrd does anymore.

+1. Like most pro bowl calibre Bills players of the past 15 years, they just want out of this franchise and go somewhere and win. And Parker just adds fuel to the fire. Is what it is until the Bills start winning, which hopefully starts sooner rather than later. Kind of a catch-22, self fulfilling prophesy, though. And top players are not betting on the Bills winning anytime soon. Parker is a cancer, but he is just doing his job, trying to get the player top long ten guaranteed $$$. the foot injury may blow up Byrd/Parkers entire strategy, however.....

Edited by 8and8Forever

Would be nice if Jairus or his agent make a statement to clarify the position.

Is he prepared to play through the pain for the team that is paying him $400k+ every match day.

Lol, match day, that's cute! Can't wait for the matchup on the pitch tonight between the Broncos and the Ravens! :thumbsup: