Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

Don't trade him now!! His value is lower now than at any point. He has to play well to secure the long term deal and has ZERO leverage. He can be tagged again next year while working on an extension. He is grasping at straws but the Bills hold all of the cards. Do not set this precedent; the reason that you tagged him was so that you could have this leverage.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Parker's Jason Peters playbook.

Absolutely. It worked back then, so why wouldn't it work now? The Bills have frequently tried to solve their "problem" players by dealing them, or at best with short term solutions. Franchising Clements for a season, trading McGahee (post-Buffalo comments), trading Peters, it's their M.O. In the end it leaves them with one fewer proven player.

They "vote" for it not because they approve of it, but because the owners are in a better bargaining position than them. They'd love to get rid of it, but compromises have to be made. Tat's how negotiation works. It doesn't make the designation good, at least in my opinion.

nobody said they agree with it. But the players didn't address it. Compromises have to be made.

Everybody else who received the tag signed early. Bryd has an agenda.

Edited by JaxBills

I know I am in a huge minority here, but I do not hate on Byrd for this situation.

#1) I think the team and Byrd and Parker have all been extremely professional to date. Seems to me, no negotiating in the press by either side...everything seems to be kept between the parties.

# 2) this trade request is a rumor at best. What if the Bills are the ones putting out feelers to gauge value?

#3) agree with Dave..sucks to be the player tagged...and if I am Jarius I am going for every last penny . I know the CBA gives the team this right, just sucks when you see other people getting long term security and not you.

#) I am prolly only person here does not believe he is faking injury

You make some good points but I have to disagree with #2. There is no way that the Bills are leaking this 4 days before the opener especially since they hold all the cards. If this was in April I might have agreed.

Its a bulls- hit injury. I would only trade him for a first round pick or 2 second rds. I would ship his a s s off to Jacksonville.

I'd place him on IR, keep him out of the locker room, and tell him and his agent he's getting the tag next year too.

RTB

I agree tag him and tag him over & over.

They "vote" for it not because they approve of it, but because the owners are in a better bargaining position than them. They'd love to get rid of it, but compromises have to be made. Tat's how negotiation works. It doesn't make the designation good, at least in my opinion.

Somebody should inform Parker of this. But given his penchant for not bargaining in good faith to begin with, I'm sure it would be lost on him.

GO BILLS!!!

Nobody ever listens to me. I've been saying all this crap since January and all I get is flack about how Byrd is a professional and how this situation will be handled professionally. What a joke.

Holds out late enough where he'd never play in a pre season game. Complains that he's here on a one year deal. All the sudden comes down with an injury that cannot be detected by doctors. Then rumors come out that he still wants to be traded by the deadline.

For those of you that thought this thing would end well, your crazy. For those of you that said I was crazy, haha, jokes on you. Nobody believed me when I was saying how ugly this thing would get. For those of you that think he's not faking this injury, your crazy. And because he's such a cancer now in the locker room, I have no doubt he gets traded for a 3rd rounder or MAYBE a 2nd rounder at best.

The coaching staff won't want him around if he's going to be like this. If I was the coaching staff, I'd make him ride the bench or keep him in street clothes for every single game this year and not trade him. Never play him, and do it again next year. Keep him separated from the team making him sew the numbers on the jerseys or something. Byrd is playing hardball and the Bills need to match that to fight it.

Those of you that think this "injury" hurts his chances of being traded because of value. Your crazy. Byrd has proved to be one of the top safeties in the league. This is a bull chit injury and everyone knows it. Even if its not, Byrd can just come out and say he can play on it if he needed to. Boom, end of story.

About the only thing that would be effected by this fake injury is the trade value we receive for him. The compensation drops on every level because of it. Instead of a 1st, it's now a 2nd. Instead of a 2nd, it's now a 3rd and so on.

When his @$$ is traded for a box of medical tape and a bag of footballs you'll all understand me a bit more.

Peace, I'm out if this subject. Byrd is no longer a Buffalo Bill IMO.

Edited by mrags

I know I am in a huge minority here, but I do not hate on Byrd for this situation.

#1) I think the team and Byrd and Parker have all been extremely professional to date. Seems to me, no negotiating in the press by either side...everything seems to be kept between the parties.

# 2) this trade request is a rumor at best. What if the Bills are the ones putting out feelers to gauge value?

#3) agree with Dave..sucks to be the player tagged...and if I am Jarius I am going for every last penny . I know the CBA gives the team this right, just sucks when you see other people getting long term security and not you.

The Bills said weeks ago they had explored trade possibilities. One would assume Parker did as well. Both parties have a pretty good idea of what he'll fetch in a trade already. And it ain't good or it would already have been done.

GO BILLS!!!

Until proven otherwise this is where I am too. Right now there's very little firm info, so I'm not declaring to know anything but I'm not going to tear a guy down just for fun. Especially one of the better ones on our roster. The guys a solid player and has business to take care of - hopefully it doesn't effect my experience as a fan too greatly.

Nobody ever listens to me. I've been saying all this crap since January and all I get is flack about how Byrd is a professional and how this situation will be handled professionally. What a joke.

Holds out late enough where he'd never play in a pre season game. Complains that he's here on a one year deal. All the sudden comes down with an injury that cannot be detected by doctors. Then rumors come out that he still wants to be traded by the deadline.

For those of you that thought this thing would end well, your crazy. For those of you that said I was crazy, haha, jokes on you. Nobody believed me when I was saying how ugly this thing would get. For those of you that think he's not faking this injury, your crazy. And because he's such a cancer now in the locker room, I have no doubt he gets traded for a 3rd rounder or MAYBE a 2nd rounder at best.

The coaching staff won't want him around if he's going to be like this. If I was the coaching staff, I'd make him ride the bench or keep him in street clothes for every single game this year and not trade him. Never play him, and do it again next year. Keep him separated from the team making him sew the numbers on the jerseys or something. Byrd is playing hardball and the Bills need to match that to fight it.

Those of you that think this "injury" hurts his chances of being traded because of value. Your crazy. Byrd has proved to be one of the top safeties in the league. This is a bull chit injury and everyone knows it. Even if its not, Byrd can just come out and say he can play on it if he needed to. Boom, end of story.

About the only thing that would be effected by this fake injury is the trade value we receive for him. The compensation drops on every level because of it. Instead of a 1st, it's now a 2nd. Instead of a 2nd, it's now a 3rd and so on.

When his @$$ is traded for a box of medical tape and a bag of footballs you'll all understand me a bit more.

Peace, I'm out if this subject. Byrd is no longer a Buffalo Bill IMO.

Do you think he was faking it last year?