EJ named starter for Sunday

Doc

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrelevant ....I tried hard to positively will JP Losman and rotating qb scrubs since then

Didn't help. Leave the fans out IMO.

Forget the fans, the message it sends to the team is what is important and believe me they will get it loud and clear

It's time we start thinking like winners and stop thinking like losers.

Winners think about how bad the other teams D is going to be sucking wind and how they can't keep up for 4 quarters.

Losers think about what happens when we go 3 and out and how our D is going to wear down.

If you want to change a culture, you must first change the mindset.

This team and fanbase has a loser mentality and I can understand why, but thinking like a loser is NEVER going to make you a winner.

It's been shown that in anything, you normally get pretty close to what is expected of you. Not running the up tempo offense we have been running all preseason sends a message, consciously or subconsciously that you expect failure, and likely that is what you will get.

Love this post. :thumbsup:

I don't say this to be a jerk...but I fully expect EJ to struggle on Sunday

- Missed weeks of preseason

- A rookie to begin with

- Going against a BB coached team

If Marone is smart he will pound the ball and continue to pound it even if we fall behind.....if Pettines defense struggles we will get blown out.

I hope to be wrong....but my thing is this season is 16 games long and I see this team getting better every week....and be scary when wildcards are being d

i love how bills fans just say this like it means anything to anyone outside of battered bills fans.

you mean the patriots defense that hasnt finished outside of the bottom 10 for half a decade?

the one that hung 30 some odd points on in foxborough last year.

bills fans believe in the patriots more than patriots fans do.

So he's going to hand the ball to Spiller, right?

Many, many times, right?

I'm thinking Spiller gets a lot of touches regardless. However, I hope they don't scale things back. I want to see a quarterback, not a game manager. The coaches seem to have confidence in him and the players seem to have confidence in him. Whatever anyone may think of him, he is our QB now. So, turn him loose and let's see what he can do...

I'm thinking Spiller gets a lot of touches regardless. However, I hope they don't scale things back. I want to see a quarterback, not a game manager. The coaches seem to have confidence in him and the players seem to have confidence in him. Whatever anyone may think of him, he is our QB now. So, turn him loose and let's see what he can do...

Right, and that's not what I meant. I just meant that Spiller NEEDS to be the focal point.

In last year's NWE games he had 9 and 8 carries. I mean seriously, wtf. I expect him to have 18 carries by the third quarter alone!

Right, and that's not what I meant. I just meant that Spiller NEEDS to be the focal point.

In last year's NWE games he had 9 and 8 carries. I mean seriously, wtf. I expect him to have 18 carries by the third quarter alone!

I won't disagree with you there :thumbsup: . I hope they are creative and aggressive in their use of him...

As for the EJ and the rest of the team...aggressive is the word this coaching staff has used over and over - and that is what I want to see above all else. F@$# playing not to lose...

I think it'll fully depend on how many points New England scores. If we're down by 30 points, I can't expect Hackett to call for a bunch of 4 yard plays.

EJ Manuel: "I expect greatness all time": http://www.buffalobi...61-1d3294e72a57

EJ Manuel focused on winning, not expectations: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/EJ-Manuel-focused-on-winning-not-expectations/29ead809-5178-485b-9005-d480dbfac97c

Gotta Love this kid's attitude and approach.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

i love how bills fans just say this like it means anything to anyone outside of battered bills fans.

you mean the patriots defense that hasnt finished outside of the bottom 10 for half a decade?

the one that hung 30 some odd points on in foxborough last year.

bills fans believe in the patriots more than patriots fans do.

Well i have only seen them lose 3 times in the last 13 years!

Kidding.

I agree with you. Bills must truely believe they deserve to beat the Pats and they can. Not saying they will, but they can.

After listening to what Manuel said in two interviews today, as well as Marrone's, I'm pretty sure that EJ really is 100% healthy, and there should be and will be absolutely no limitations to his game or the play calling. I expect him to scramble and to run as if this knee thing never happened. It's going to be fun.

I don't, however, expect him to try to force a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully we will get some nice deep throws and to show off that arm. It's really going to be interesting to see the Bills first game, at home, with EJ, Hackett, the new weapons in Woods and Goodwin, with Spiller primed for greatness, and Stevie and Chandler back. A lot will depend on the line (as well as if the defense can hold the Pats in check a few times so we're not 21 points behind). But we could be pleasantly surprised by all the weapons we have.

After listening to what Manuel said in two interviews today, as well as Marrone's, I'm pretty sure that EJ really is 100% healthy, and there should be and will be absolutely no limitations to his game or the play calling. I expect him to scramble and to run as if this knee thing never happened. It's going to be fun.

I don't, however, expect him to try to force a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully we will get some nice deep throws and to show off that arm. It's really going to be interesting to see the Bills first game, at home, with EJ, Hackett, the new weapons in Woods and Goodwin, with Spiller primed for greatness, and Stevie and Chandler back. A lot will depend on the line (as well as if the defense can hold the Pats in check a few times so we're not 21 points behind). But we could be pleasantly surprised by all the weapons we have.

I'm hoping Hackett calls a deep pass and a QB scramble on the first series, to loosen up the defense and serve notice that this isn't your grandfather's Bills.