Plantar Facitis

I am reasonably sure his career is not in danger.... It's painful, PF, but with proper and professional care that you better believe Byrd is getting, it is one of the most curable conditions, and in short order, that you can have.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read it doesn't show up in X-rays. So it is the type of injury that could play into the conspiracy theory of "faking".

Byrd is in a contract year trying to make as much money as he can, he won't fake anything. In fact mentioning any injury cheapens his asking price. He will play through it. I have it, its not fun, I get a shot every month for it, feels fine after the shot. I expect he will go throw the same thing and have a great year.

It is NOT a contract year for him if Bills has said they will tag him again if he is not will to negotiate a long term deal.

All he can do is attempt to sour the milk and hope next team which signs him will discount period when he was having contract dispute.

I know this is probably under another thread, but how bad of an injury is plantar faciitis and is it something that Byrd can play with all season and still perform at a high level?

it's very painful. My wife has it and she has to buy expensive shoes to work otherwise she ends up in tears. Can't imagine it's much fun to have as an athlete.

Wow some people get all fired up at the idea that Byrd might be dogging it a little because he's pouting. I don't think it's that far-fetched personally.

I do simply because he's not doing himself ANY favors by not playing at the same high level he was before.

GO BILLS!!!

Is anyone else hear thinking that Byrd is being a baby?

Didnt get what he wanted so he fakes injury and makes sure he doesn't get injured all while collecting his $432k a game.

Personally I think he's full of it and now I'm no longer happy he signed. I'd rather just cut this pos.

you are an idiot. Have you ever had the injury? nope. I find it funny that due to a guy who got injured because he just started training (kinda like how other bills fan have been injured within the first week) You are the people who makes me hate fans. So freaking negative and always has a bad attitude towards people

I do simply because he's not doing himself ANY favors by not playing at the same high level he was before.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah but couldn't you make the same argument that if he wanted to do himself a favor and play at a high level this season he would have been at training camp so he learned the new D etc?

He didn't have a problem possibly undermining his success this season by skipping camp, so I don't think it's that outlandish to think he might be taking his sweet time coming back from the PF. Not saying that's definitely the case, but I don't think anyone can say for sure.

I know this is probably under another thread, but how bad of an injury is plantar faciitis and is it something that Byrd can play with all season and still perform at a high level?

Well if you think back that is what Schobel had & he played with it but late in the year i believe he was put on IR or sat out a year & had it operated on so he could get over it .

So it could be some thing that could linger & hinder his play this year . But i can't help but think could this be in part that he doesn't want to get hurt while on a franchise tender ?

If this gets bad enough could this be a ploy to get put on IR to collect his $6.9 mil & not have to put him self in harms way while in his eyes not earning up to the potential of what he has proven or feels he is worth to a team ??

you are an idiot. Have you ever had the injury? nope. I find it funny that due to a guy who got injured because he just started training (kinda like how other bills fan have been injured within the first week) You are the people who makes me hate fans. So freaking negative and always has a bad attitude towards people

i can be 100% civil but since you called me an idiot..... F#%K YOU!!!

You're way over the line here IMO. You call him an idiot and then say you hate fans with a bad attitude towards people...hmmmm.

You're way over the line here IMO. You call him an idiot and then say you hate fans with a bad attitude towards people...hmmmm.

not everyone can be a winner. Some guys are just miserable because they woke up one morning, 40 years old and living in moms basement. But hey, he's probably a 3 time champ of his fantasy football league.

It is NOT a contract year for him if Bills has said they will tag him again if he is not will to negotiate a long term deal.

All he can do is attempt to sour the milk and hope next team which signs him will discount period when he was having contract dispute.

So the 10 million he would get if tagged next year is not worth playing for?