Colts sign Da"rick Rogers to their Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

I think it is as much the message and the attitude at practice that has Marrone concerned. I agree, Marrone did not seem to like him.

It seems Marrone is not afraid to remove players with talent and attitude concerns from his rosters. Mike Williams the WR for Tampa Bay was one of the players that left the Syracuse Roster during Marrone's First Year as HC.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This dude is trouBle.

Not a fair assessment, IMO.

The kid passed all his drug tests at Tenn Tech, seemed in interviews to have his head on straight. So why act like he is still a trouble maker?

Not smart enough to absorb a complex playbook? Maybe so.

Not football smart enough to hustle after a fumble? Unfortunately.

Still a trouble maker? I don't see how you justify that criticism.

I wish the kid well in his attempt at an NFL career.

As an UDFA on the PS player, Rogers wouldn't have had any influence on anyone. I have to assume that Marrone just didn't like the kid.

I kind of disagree. The PS has the important function of serving as the scout team. If you have a guy who doesn't keep his head in the game enough to master our team's playbook all spring and summer, why would he be a good choice to mimic a different team's playbook every week? I think Marrone is trying to send the message "all in, all the time, or GTFO!". I partly agree that the Colts are in a different place with a more established winning culture. Though he may not last on their PS either if he brings the same lackadaisical attitude.

He did make it through waivers. Visited Miami earlier. So there's that.

I think his point was a select few armchair GMs around here were howling that the great UDFA Rogers would get scooped up "within seconds" if we were ever to "expose" him, thus necessitating his lock on an active roster spot. Obviously that did not happen, as you said he cleared waivers, quite easily, and even went to Miami and didn't get anything. Best of luck to him though in his future NFL endeavors.

The kid passed all his drug tests at Tenn Tech, seemed in interviews to have his head on straight. So why act like he is still a trouble maker?

Remember buffalo odds were stacked against him going in.

SJ, TJ, Woods, and Goodwin were locks. Thus 1 maybe 2 spots up for grabs....this was a battle among 8 receivers going into camp.

They can still pluck him off their PS if injuries occur.

Similar thing happened this week. Seattle cut its 4th round pick, a WR , and signed him to their PS. San Francisco took him off SEA PS and brought him on their 53 man roster because of injuries they have to their WRs.

Notice that most of the practice squad players that are signed are not by the team that let them go. It totally makes sense. So in Rogers' case, the Bills have seen him through OTAs and all of camp, and he wasn't good enough to be the 6th receiver on the team. While there may be some exceptions (Blatnick this year), why bring a guy back that wasn't good enough to be the last player kept on a position on your team? Teams are better off taking a look at other players for the most part.

There are a few exceptions, and there always are 1 or 2 that were tougher cuts that you want back as developmental, and some could argue that Rogers falls into that category but I like that they bring in other people that clearly they had on their radar.

Dont understand the love affair with this guy. Some posting like he was the next coming of J.Rice. When he was not very involved in preseason games some claimed that they were trying the "sneak" him onto the PS. lol.. Still dont get it... He sure didnt prove anything in camp, as the Bills had 3 or 4 rookies who out performed him.

And they brought a total of none of them back to the PS while they got a WR from the Ravens, so I think it's fair to say we weren't impressed with anybody.

I missed I little(thought Hogan was a rookie) but do you not realize that their are 2 WR rookies on the roster. Easley is like a rookie since he has 3 game under his belt.

I missed I little(thought Hogan was a rookie) but do you not realize that their are 2 WR rookies on the roster. Easley is like a rookie since he has 3 game under his belt.

Goodwin and Woods are high draft picks. They were not in the The Rick discussion. Easley is not even remotely a rookie having been through camp twice already and Hogan isn't a rookie either. Easley and Hogan are 3rd year players who were both in the 2011 draft class and have had 2 full offseasons to prepare and get acclimated to NFL demands. He didn't earn the spot now but check in with The Rick in year 3.

Notice that most of the practice squad players that are signed are not by the team that let them go. It totally makes sense. So in Rogers' case, the Bills have seen him through OTAs and all of camp, and he wasn't good enough to be the 6th receiver on the team. While there may be some exceptions (Blatnick this year), why bring a guy back that wasn't good enough to be the last player kept on a position on your team? Teams are better off taking a look at other players for the most part.

There are a few exceptions, and there always are 1 or 2 that were tougher cuts that you want back as developmental, and some could argue that Rogers falls into that category but I like that they bring in other people that clearly they had on their radar.

Buffalo put on their PS 3 players they had in camp and a 4th was a player they drafted last year that they wanted to go on their PS last year but he got claimed.

Dont understand the love affair with this guy. Some posting like he was the next coming of J.Rice. When he was not very involved in preseason games some claimed that they were trying the "sneak" him onto the PS. lol.. Still dont get it... He sure didnt prove anything in camp, as the Bills had 3 or 4 rookies who out performed him.

He was the potential steal of the draft. He was on the top 3 list of UDFA post draft and Buffalo got him. Its a bigtime bonus to get a starting player who was undrafted.

Goodwin and Woods are high draft picks. They were not in the The Rick discussion. Easley is not even remotely a rookie having been through camp twice already and Hogan isn't a rookie either. Easley and Hogan are 3rd year players who were both in the 2011 draft class and have had 2 full offseasons to prepare and get acclimated to NFL demands. He didn't earn the spot now but check in with The Rick in year 3.

With Easiey ---this was his 4th camp. year 1 IR, year 2 he came out earing the 2nd WR spot but the heart ailment came up, year 3 he wasnt used much in the preseason and got on the PS then activated later in the year, year 4 now

And they brought a total of none of them back to the PS while they got a WR from the Ravens, so I think it's fair to say we weren't impressed with anybody.

I think they were targeting Kauffman for the PS. But they liked Streeter better. I still see them signing Kauffman later on if he isnt picked up.

I only went to one training camp this summer but he stood out as being clueless, apathetic and lazy. The exact opposite of what I was hoping to see.

I don't think troublemaker or drug user is fair to say either, but the kid hung his head a lot and really was unimpressive.

I don't believe that you listened to or saw any of his interviews. Maybe read them. You could see he is very immature and was going to take a long time to mature if he ever does. His body language and eye contact shows that he was just saying the right things and he didn't believe what he was saying. His attitude and actions at training camp prove this. He was one of my favorite players in the draft and I really wanted him to make the roster. However the second I saw him talk I knew it was gonna be a very long shot as I deal with people that talk and act like him everyday