Marrone on EJ:

A rookie QB had surgery on his knee and has not been physically practicing, but apparently has been a part of the mental prep etc.

You guys must know more than I, Manuel, and Marrone do to be so sure he will start in a very short time from now ;)

While it is nice of you to flatter me by suggesting superior mental ability, I base my knowledge of EJ starting using the same blind logic that has told me that the Bills are going to win the Superbowl every year I have been a Bills fan...ans since that has worked so well...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole stunting their growth and shattering of confidence thing is out the window when your choice is a rookie or a rookie. Someone is getting thrown to the wolves.

I think it would be fair to say one rookie is more important to the franchise than the other.

Having said that - and as I have stated elsewhere - EJ Manuel doesn't get down about a bad performance - he'll be fine. He'd have to suck for two straight years to develop confidence problems - maybe!

No one knows what EJ's "minor minor procedure" was, right? They still haven't said, could be a draining or could be the meniscus thing. Is one of these worse than the other? Could it be something else?

I would appreciate some rampant speculation.

Honestly I'll be excited just watching this team be compatative when everyone's is back . But yes it is hard to read what is going on with EJ . Are they hiding some secret offense with him or are we giving them too much credit for thinking that ?

I am sure they will look to use elements of surprise as all teams do. It certainly helps dilute the efforts of your opponent if they are guessing on what to prepare for.

I also suspect Belli is going to allocate some serious resources to try and decode the no huddle communications real time.

There are going to be a lot of assumptions and patchwork film stuff from the patsies perspective prior to this game no matter what. The bills will never have a better chance to surprise them than this game...

I am sure they will look to use elements of surprise as all teams do. It certainly helps dilute the efforts of your opponent if they are guessing on what to prepare for.

I also suspect Belli is going to allocate some serious resources to try and decode the no huddle communications real time.

There are going to be a lot of assumptions and patchwork film stuff from the patsies perspective prior to this game no matter what. The bills will never have a better chance to surprise them than this game...

The pro scouts do this during the games and they will have gone to the PS games but they don't have previous reg season games or film of this offense. Hopefully, the Bills are able to change up signals.

Espn just reported marrone said EJ needs to start practicing by wed in order to be ready for week one. I am assuming that he meant tomorrow? I am not so sure now...

He's jerking us around!

--

As usual, ESPN sucks.

Here's the actual quote:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/How-Marrone-will-decide-if-EJ-Manuel-plays-Week-1/c0c5ddb1-bb52-4609-bbe8-ec0e367428f9

“I think there are two things that you’d look at, A, the number of times he needs to go and play and then, B, the number of days of preparation,” he said. “To give an example, if we were playing New England and we are the first week, and the doctor said, ‘You’re not going to get him until Thursday, but he’ll be ready to go on Sunday,’ I would be concerned about doing that. If they said, ‘We can get him on the field Monday or Wednesday,’ I would see how he played and then make a decision. That’s how I feel about that situation.”

Edited by Dorkington

Wednesday, September 4th.

That's what I thought. Pretty poor wording on Mort's part. He just said he needs to start practicing by Wed, which is fairly vague.

Man that would be cutting it close. Too close?

He should be back before that. From the timetable, they seem to expect Monday. But anything can happen

No one knows what EJ's "minor minor procedure" was, right? They still haven't said, could be a draining or could be the meniscus thing. Is one of these worse than the other? Could it be something else?

I would appreciate some rampant speculation.

Either one wouldn't be a big deal for a two week turnaround (according to a real life orthopedic surgeon). Me thinks they did both, drain and clean up.

The only point my doc friend made was that it def wasn't ligament work otherwise that would be 4+ weeks minimum typically. Marrone said very, very minor and ligaments never are.

Edited by HansLanda

Bills Daily tweeted that according to Mort on NFL Insiders, EJ is more likely to be cleared by the doctors for week 2 than week 1. To be fair, didn't see NFL Insiders so don't know what other context was involved, that was just the tweet.

Not much. Very vague and seemed like speculation. Schefter came on later, and said bills are hoping he will be ready, but too early to commit to it. I think being ready by next wed is more than realistic

I posted this in the I. Rapaport thread, but EJ has already been running cone drills on the practice field and is doing bike work. All of the Tuel Time talk is cute and whatnot, but it seems pretty clear to me EJ will get a full week of practice in and should be starting on 9/8. The cautious talk from Marrone is for the media's (and Belichick's) benefit.

While it is nice of you to flatter me by suggesting superior mental ability, I base my knowledge of EJ starting using the same blind logic that has told me that the Bills are going to win the Superbowl every year I have been a Bills fan...ans since that has worked so well...

:thumbsup: