Miley Cyrus

not at all. I don't watch TV. Yet somehow I hear about honeybooboo, kardashian, Miley. Honestly the first time I ever seen miley was drudge linking to the post about last nights slutfest. I watched for about 90 seconds, and could not take any more. American culture today seems so foreign to me. I am embarrassed by what pass's as American culture today

Oh Ok, It just seemed that you had formed a very strong opinion about someone you know nothing about.

BTW I'm confused. MTV still gives out award for music videos. Wouldn't they actually have to show music videos in order to award them? :huh:

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disgusted by Smith and his family. That brat daughter talks like she is as fake as the music she "sings." Listening to her on Oprah and seeing her interviewed everywhere. She drops the affect when she wants to blacken it up in a heart beat. The son, I mean, growing up trying to be a man like Will Smith - yikes. The wife, meh, enough of her. I would feel a lot better about Smith if he'd just throw DJ Jazzy Jeff a buck or two...

Wow that's tough.

Is the daughter really that bad?

Oh Ok, It just seemed that you had formed a very strong opinion about someone you know nothing about.

BTW I'm confused. MTV still gives out award for music videos. Wouldn't they actually have to show music videos in order to award them? :huh:

Logic and MTV does not mix together at all.

I don't need to know anything about her to be so turned off by that performance. If it was Kate Upton doing that dance(minus that stupid tongue thing) I would be mad aroused. But Miley looks like a little girl to me. She tried way too hard to be sexy, and it was very over the top. If you got it, you got it. Miley doesn't have it

http://instagram.com/p/ddwvyIrtsI/

You can't twerk if you don't have an ass. Take a look, again I am not impressed

Exactly what I was thinking - what the hell is the difference?

You seriously never heard of Miley Cyrus until today?? And, you hate her this much??

I don't like her either, but her body is smokin'!

Difference is Kate is sexy, and Miley isn't. I have heard of Miley, but never saw her and couldn't tell if I ever heard a song by her. My disdain is more directed at American culture and corporate contrived **** products such as Miley

And I am a substance over style guy. Well Miley didn't have substance, nor style, nor class, nor talent. She is an attention whore that did it for controversy. And look at drudge and see the lead story- she got it. Meanwhile there are legitmate musicians out there (Wilco for example) who concentrate on music, not generating controversy to sell records

Difference is Kate is sexy, and Miley isn't. I have heard of Miley, but never saw her and couldn't tell if I ever heard a song by her. My disdain is more directed at American culture and corporate contrived **** products such as Miley

Our "culture" is actually our biggest export...so someone must like it!

Listen, Miley is doing what she needed to do if she wanted to make it as an adult star and break out from her Hannah Montana , little girl image.

Aylissa Millano went through similar critism with nude pictures and full frontal nudity in some really bad movies, but she was able to break away from her little girl image.

No one thinking of Miley as a cute little Disney character anymore are they....mission accomplished .

For really bad behaviour, lof at Beiber.

I love the pic of Will Smith and his kids-- they are so thoroughly disgusted and perplexed.

I saw something on the news last night that said the Smith picture wasn't even in reaction to Cyrus. It was a reaction to something else at another point in the night. I have no idea if that is true or not.

With all of this crap, I think I found a new favorite local news person out here in Boston last night. They were going through this stupid story that doesn't deserve our attention and then the anchor ended it by saying "why does she do this stuff". The anchor woman working with him responded with "she wants attention and to be mentioned on tv... oh, am I not supposed to say that?".

It was great. For at least a brief second one of the news people admitted how pathetic their business of shock journalism is. She was definitely frustrated by it. The last part of the quote was clearly a reaction to something that was said to her over her ear piece.

And I am a substance over style guy. Well Miley didn't have substance, nor style, nor class, nor talent. She is an attention whore that did it for controversy. And look at drudge and see the lead story- she got it. Meanwhile there are legitmate musicians out there (Wilco for example) who concentrate on music, not generating controversy to sell records

Ah yes the hypocrit hippy stirikes again. You hate Miley because she's a corporate attention whore but you post a half naked chick on a couch with a In and Out Burger bag next to her. What exactly is that?!

EDIT: Sorry I was completly wrong about that pic of the chick. She is not a corp whore for In and Out Burger.

She's a corp whore for Carls Jr.

Edited by Chef Jim

Ah yes the hypocrit hippy stirikes again. You hate Miley because she's a corporate attention whore but you post a half naked chick on a couch with a In and Out Burger bag next to her. What exactly is that?!

I wouldn't go so far. Miley is a manufactured pop-music heiress.

Kate Upton is a 20 year old super model from Detroit.

EDIT: I am, however, well aware that Upton comes from a family of means. But she didn't follow in her family's footsteps.

Edited by The Big Cat

I wouldn't go so far. Miley is a manufactured pop-music heiress.

Kate Upton is a 20 year old super model from Detroit.

EDIT: I am, however, well aware that Upton comes from a family of means. But she didn't follow in her family's footsteps.

Pictures of her mom would help me know just what kind of assets her family has given her to help make her famous.