Bills release WR Rogers, WR Sampson, C Turnley, CB Rolle, DB Ellis

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice Squad? Or would the team have held onto him longer if they wanted to put him on that?

I believe he goes on waivers first, and if he clears waivers, he can be re-signed to the practice squad. I could be wrong.

I don't think this is surprising to anybody. The writing was on the wall against the Redskins. I don't think he played a snap.

Practice Squad? Or would the team have held onto him longer if they wanted to put him on that?

could go either way - some teams like to release guys early hoping they go under the radar.

hes not sliding under any radar though - we will soon see what the league thinks of him

Edited by NoSaint

Dang he showed flashes of being very good. I bet he catches on somewhere else pretty quick. Hopefully it's not New England or Jets

He will probably have 125yds and 2 TDs in week one for the Pats. That being said he did not do enough to make the roster.

I think they just didn't like anything about him - and his play couldn't make up for his attitude/lack of drive/ maybe he didn't buy in. Fine with me - see ya. Thanks for the roster spot. BTW how bad must Rolle be to get cut the day we lose a CB for 1/2 the season.

I really hope this doesn't bite us like the decision to not pick up another QB last week is now, this could be worse. Or the rest of the league could pass on him and we can put him on the PS, I guess I would good with that. I kind of hate to see potential wasted on a team like ours and of course had high hopes.

He will probably have 125yds and 2 TDs in week one for the Pats. That being said he did not do enough to make the roster.

This is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I'll read all day.

How do you figure he does that, when he doesn't even know when to be on the field in practice? We're taking about Tommy and the Hoddie, the same duo that let Chad Johnson rot away on the sidelines due to his misunderstanding of how he was expected to play the position.

Can't afford players like him in the short-term when the team plays like they did Saturday... if we want more performances like Saturday let's get a team of Da'Rick's.

Yeah he 'might' get his s4!t together somewhere down the road, but we need to build a culture here more than we need to find out if he *maybe* makes it.... Yes if his head was screwed on I would have loved him, but then he also probably would've gotten drafted by someone else. ~we all know he wasn't going to contribute anything short term on special teams when he doesn't even know he was supposed to be on the field.

I really hope this doesn't bite us like the decision to not pick up another QB last week is now, this could be worse. Or the rest of the league could pass on him and we can put him on the PS, I guess I would good with that. I kind of hate to see potential wasted on a team like ours and of course had high hopes.

They don't have time to worry about where Rogers ends up with everything else going on. The guy is a dud right now. If he turns into a stud, more power to him, but he sure would need to make some rather huge leaps in a very short period of time.

I think it is an indictment on him that he didn't make it to the final cutdown. Maybe they are pulling the super sneaky route to try and get him on the ps but I highly doubt it. He didn't get much playing time in any of the games. I heard an interesting snippet on hard knocks from Marvin Lewis talking about one of his players. He said something along the lines of players don't make the team in practices, they earn playing time in the preseason game, that is where they earn their roster spots. To me it made it almost a 3 stpe process - do well in practice, do well in game, make roster. Rogers failed step 1!