Thank you dad

KRT88

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Condolences KRT...I lost my day about 5 weeks ago, and my mom about a year and a half ago, he was 82. I am now 48 year old orphan. Both losses hurt a lot...my love for my mom was unconditional, but with dad it was a little more conflicted. I am glad our relationship improved over the last decade....his loss has affected me in ways I never imagined. Years ago I would get aggravated if someone told me I was "just like" my father, now I am glad that I inherited a lot of the great qualities that weren't always appreciated.

To your dad! :beer:

I raise my glass in your Fathers honor. My first Bills influence was my Grandmother, when she passed we found a couple game balls from Bills players in her closet. She was a terrific woman and when the Bills finally win the big one I will shed tears of joy for all the original fans who passed before they could experience it.

My condolences, KRT, to you and your family.

I think most -if not all- of us will openly weep the moment the Commisioner hands the Lombardi Trophy to a Buffalo Bill. Not just for the utter joy of witnessing the albatross-lifting "FINALLY!" moment, but for all our loved ones past, who shared our devotion to the team and the hope of that day.

To your Dad and all Bills Dads past, I raise a glass of cheer.

Go Bills!

God bless you and your family, KRT. That was a beautiful and wonderful tribute to your father which I can only imagine he would've greatly appreciated. I hope all the dads that we have lost, including mine, are up in Heaven getting ready for the season. I do hope your pain is truly eased during this difficult time, my friend.

My father, Ronald F. Theel, passed away tonight. He was a lifelong Bills fan.

He was at the 64' AFL title game and again he was at the 66" title game. On September 24, 1978, my father took me to my first Buffalo Bills games, a 24-10 win over the Baltimore Colts. I have been a die-hard ever since I doubt that will ever change.

Every year growing up my father made sure he took me to at least one game and he always wanted to be buried in a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl championship shirt. I wish that could have been fulfilled.

I remember waking up the morning of the Houston Wild Card Game and he complained about the game not being on TV, so we drove up to stadium and bought tickets from some guy off the streets. I wanted to leave at halftime when the Bills were losing 28-3, but he would have none of that. He never left games early. When it was 35-3, he said let's wait til the end of the quarter. Glad I listened to him on that one.

RIP dad and thank you

GO BILLS!

Nice tribute. I'm sure that he is as proud of you as you are of him and your relationship.

My father, Ronald F. Theel, passed away tonight. He was a lifelong Bills fan.

He was at the 64' AFL title game and again he was at the 66" title game. On September 24, 1978, my father took me to my first Buffalo Bills games, a 24-10 win over the Baltimore Colts. I have been a die-hard ever since I doubt that will ever change.

Every year growing up my father made sure he took me to at least one game and he always wanted to be buried in a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl championship shirt. I wish that could have been fulfilled.

I remember waking up the morning of the Houston Wild Card Game and he complained about the game not being on TV, so we drove up to stadium and bought tickets from some guy off the streets. I wanted to leave at halftime when the Bills were losing 28-3, but he would have none of that. He never left games early. When it was 35-3, he said let's wait til the end of the quarter. Glad I listened to him on that one.

RIP dad and thank you

GO BILLS!

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had an outstanding Father.

It's posts like these that remind me how important it is to create memories like yours with my own children. I'm sure it was tough, but I'm really glad you shared this with all of us.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel in that my passion comes from my dad. It is something that we have shared for my whole life and provided many memories (including the Houston game). Those memories that you and your dad shared can never be taken away. My condolences go out to you and your family.

Thanks for sharing your memories and love for your dad. I lost my mom 5 years ago, and understand that pain, but eventually you remember the good times, the laughs, and yes our beloved Bills.

I know I remember my family (cousins, siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, family friends, etc.) watching all of the Bills games illegally at the K of C in Lackawanna during the heyday. They were such good memories as my dad was the House Manager and every week was a party. The guys would yell at the TV, and the wives would be chatting away having fun. You made me remember those memories, and how really happy times those were before I moved south. Thanks for helping me remember those fun times.