EJ not ruled out for wk 1, Tuel competing for starting spot

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because both have shown so much so far...

Can we get back to EJ being back for the regular season?

God, I hope so, Dorkington.

This Tuel starting talk is getting ridiculous. Now I remember why I normally live in Off the Wall.

(Merged form it's own thread)

I think that if EJ is not going to be able to play/practice for the rest of the preseason it would be better to to start Jeff Tuel in the 1st game. My reasons are as follows:

1. Do we really want to put the 1st rookie QB we've had in ages who is showing some real season changing talent in against our arch rivals with just a bare minimum of playing/practice time on a knee that just got patched up (Cue shot of Wilfork "accidentally" rolling along the turf toward his leg)?

2. We are not a "lock" to win this game with EJ starting anyhow, even though admittedly I think it would give us a much better chance. Why not give Tuel all the practice snaps possible while EJ is resting his knee and prepare him as best we can for the opener. Then at least we will see exactly what we have in him whether we win or lose.

3. We have to play these guys twice anyhow, and the 2nd game (if we are having a good season) is the usually the most important. He could face them in this game with just about a season of NFL experience behind him and hopefully a completely healed up knee.

Anyhow, that's what I think about this, contrasting opinions are welcome.

Edited by angryfan62

Kolb's team actually won with him QBing playing against Patriots* last year.

Yes Pats* kicker did a wide left and other parts of Cardinals team were part of team - no player wins or loses a game.for football is a team sport.

While Tuel shows promise he should be relief only if EJ can not play.

Rotoworld says that he's already begun the rehab process. I wonder if they are just referring to him being at camp as Marrone referred to him as "just because he can't throw doesn't mean he can't learn" or if it means he's actually working on his knee strength.

If it's the latter, then I am extremely optimistic and hopeful that he can be the opening day starter. I'm also hoping that Kolb looks like the guy we signed him to be over these next two weeks and we therefore don't need to rush EJ back.

Unfortunately, the first game isn't one we can afford to lose

I think that if EJ is not going to be able to play/practice for the rest of the preseason it would be better to to start Jeff Tuel in the 1st game. My reasons are as follows:

1. Do we really want to put the 1st rookie QB we've had in ages who is showing some real season changing talent in against our arch rivals with just a bare minimum of playing/practice time on a knee that just got patched up (Cue shot of Wilfork "accidentally" rolling along the turf toward his leg)?

2. We are not a "lock" to win this game with EJ starting anyhow, even though admittedly I think it would give us a much better chance. Why not give Tuel all the practice snaps possible while EJ is resting his knee and prepare him as best we can for the opener. Then at least we will see exactly what we have in him whether we win or lose.

3. We have to play these guys twice anyhow, and the 2nd game (if we are having a good season) is the usually the most important. He could face them in this game with just about a season of NFL experience behind him and hopefully a completely healed up knee.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling,incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points,and may God have mercy on your soul.

insane logic my friend. Play the best players always. And every game is equally important, there is only 16 of them.