EJ not ruled out for wk 1, Tuel competing for starting spot

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious why you say that. I would think that 1st game against the pats is a game we can afford to lose.

As much as a win would be nice, for a few reasons (standings, momentum, confidence), splitting with NE on the season would be fine by me .... as long as we sweep NYJ and MIA.

Curious why you say that. I would think that 1st game against the pats is a game we can afford to lose.

I just think we have no chance of beating the Pats at home later in the year. Also, they are without Gronk.

Getting swept by the Pats would not be good for you contending season

Ummm, division game!

Can't "afford" to lose any divisional games, all priority.

Don't get me wrong, I know they won't win them all, I just think you need to approach them ALL as must win games.

My kids are trying to figure out a way to get to camp today to see if Manuel is out on the field at least observing.

Russ Brandon is taking fan questions on Twitter this morning, and he said that EJ is rehabbing and attending team meetings today

As much as a win would be nice, for a few reasons (standings, momentum, confidence), splitting with NE on the season would be fine by me .... as long as we sweep NYJ and MIA.

Splitting with NE this year - VERY happy. Winning both? Nirvana.

Russ Brandon is taking fan questions on Twitter this morning, and he said that EJ is rehabbing and attending team meetings today

Splitting with NE this year - VERY happy. Winning both? Nirvana.

1) That's good to hear. From what has been said, he may very well be ready to go Week 1 if Kolb flakes during the next preseason games.

2) Agreed. This isn't just a game against New England. It's going to be a game against New England, played at home, without the Pats having any video on our full offense, and with Gronkowski likely out, that means that they will not be fielding any of their top five receiving targets from last year against a revitalized (we hope) Bills defense. This is suddenly looking like a winnable game, and if you take even one on the pats it's worth doing.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling,incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points,and may God have mercy on your soul.

:thumbsup:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling,incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points,and may God have mercy on your soul.

Could you please post exactly why you disagree instead of simply clipping dialogue form an old film? Thanks.

Kolb's team actually won with him QBing playing against Patriots* last year.

Yes Pats* kicker did a wide left and other parts of Cardinals team were part of team - no player wins or loses a game.for football is a team sport.

While Tuel shows promise he should be relief only if EJ can not play.

The only reason that I suggested Tuel start is because even though Kolb has much more experience than the others, he really does not look good out there on the field and from what I am reading on this board he is not outshining anyone in camp either. I suppose my point is not so much that Tuel start, but that we really should not throw EJ out there with such little practice and playing time.

insane logic my friend. Play the best players always. And every game is equally important, there is only 16 of them.

True, only 16 games but if we lose game 1, we've lost a game. If we win game 1 and lose EJ, we've probably lost the season (again). Maybe it's because our team has been so bad for so long, but if we end up losing the AFC east title this year to the Pats because we lost that 1st game to them, yeah I'd be disappointed but nowhere near as much as I normally am at the end of the regular season.

It does sound crazy. If Manuel is not ready to go week 1, then it will be Kolb. It may be Kolb regardless, but that is the coaches decision. Marone does not want to start off his NFL coaching head career by throwing a raw, undrafted rookie to a Belichek defense.

Last year 25th in yards, 29th in passing yards, 15th in sacks. (2011: 31st/31st/14th, 2010: 25th/30th/14th).

They are good at some stuff and play smart, but I don't think that our concern is the Pat's D stifling and confusing and overwhelming our rookie. I think we are more concerned about their dimple chined QB scoring too many points for us to match against our new system defense.

Could you please post exactly why you disagree instead of simply clipping dialogue form an old film? Thanks.

The only reason that I suggested Tuel start is because even though Kolb has much more experience than the others, he really does not look good out there on the field and from what I am reading on this board he is not outshining anyone in camp either. I suppose my point is not so much that Tuel start, but that we really should not throw EJ out there with such little practice and playing time.

I don't think Tuel is even close to Kolb in terms of playing real football in September against a real defense with all first stringers. Maybe he is the next Kurt Warner and his bright spots in his first camp are for real, but I haven't seen enough to really think that he is going to beat someone with some pretty decent NFL wins in his belt when healthy (in addition to the Pats, etc, he also six times has won a game with a 100+ QB rating).

I don't think Kolb should live on his resume, but I think there is a reason that Marrone has him higher than Tuel on the depth chart, and even when asked if Tuel had a shot had to phrase it in "everybody need to dream and set their goals high" talk and not "Yes, he realistically is going to have a shot to win the job".

Week 1 our best chance at winning is EJ, our second is Kolb, our third is Tuel. I hope whichever of them ends up out there wins, but know better than to consider second half preseason plays by a UDFA as an accurate indicator of expected regular season results.

I just think we have no chance of beating the Pats at home later in the year. Also, they are without Gronk.

Getting swept by the Pats would not be good for you contending season

I just chalk up both pats games as losses every year, so in my mind, it didn't seem too important. Bad mentality, I know..

Tuel has been superior to Kolb in every way. If Manuel can't go, he should start. Kolb is just another journeyman QB that we've seen over and over again on this team. Kelly Holcomb? Drew Bledsoe? Doug Flutie? Ryan Fitzpatrick? I hope Kolb fails and just goes away. New blood needed over old.