Rian Lindell released

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see him go but when they carried two kickers for a while last year the handwriting was on the wall. He is a class guy and hopefully he hooks on elsewhere.

Reports are he's already heading to Tampa for a tryout.

Very very classy. Other ex-Bills should take note (yea I am looking at you Peters, Whitner)

It goes both ways. Do you think Lindell was hated the second he was drafted like Whitner (Peters is a different story)? Why should players be classy when fans aren't?

As for Lindell, I wish him well. He is a good guy & a solid kicker. But I never completely trusted him in the clutch. And it will be nice to have a kicker who can kick past 40 yards. It's a weapon the Bills have been missing for years.

As for Lindell, I wish him well. He is a good guy & a solid kicker. But I never completely trusted him in the clutch. And it will be nice to have a kicker who can kick past 40 yards. It's a weapon the Bills have been missing for years.

This is about how I felt. No hard feelings for the guy - he was a solid if unspectacular contributor and the letter is a really nice gesture and measure of the man. But you need an edge and if Hopkins can provide that by extending the team's FG range, they have to take it.

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

Says a ton that we root for a team who's two biggest losses for the fans in the last few years have been our punter and our PK. That said, Lindell is a stand up Buffalonian.

It goes both ways. Do you think Lindell was hated the second he was drafted like Whitner (Peters is a different story)? Why should players be classy when fans aren't?

Specifically the year known as January 27, 1991. Year? Hell, that day has lasted over a couple decades in my brain. I apologize for bringing it up.