No offense (Hard Knocks), but Bills are more interesting

First, I kind of like the Bengals going back a few years, and I am fine with them on this year's Hard Knocks.

Additionally, I know it is a moot point because, as I understand it, the powers that be with Bills didn't want to be on the show (even though they probably weren't asked...if I am wrong, someone give a shout out, please).

However, there is a sort of sameness with the Bengals during the first episode, or rather, the producers weren't sure where to go with some stories.

I just think the new Bills coaching staff, the QB competition involving a first round draft pick and the competition at receiver along with the apparent change of attitude/focus for a team that is 13 years into a playoff drought makes for a more interesting story.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Had forgotten about this... Kevin Hogan (likely the Bills #5 or #6 WR this coming season) was one of the Dolphins final cuts last year, when they were featured on Hard Knocks. I remember thinking, at that time, he was going to be very good, on the show he was always open, so he was dubbed "7-11"...pretty funny. He got a lot of face time during the 2012 Hard Knocks show. I remember him being very humble.... I was surprised when he was cut last year by the phins. Would be nice to see him stick with the Bills, and contribute.

I love watching Hard Knocks and think it would be great to have it in Bflo. Regardless of Ralph's thoughts, I thought this would be something Russ Brandon would be all over. I think the distraction piece is overrated. The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 13 years so why would this make things worse? Why not try something different? Hard Knocks hasn't shown to have a negative affect on the performance of the teams that do it. The Bengals are overplayed as they were just on a couple years ago. Maybe the Bills weren't asked because it wouldn't have enough national attraction. I'll watch anyway, but this year is a bit boring.

I don't know....watching hard knocks now

It's buffalo barbarians dream show tonite....we have a John Skelton close up featuring his inability to call plays. Followed by Margus Hunts piece.

Of course it would be wayyyy better....the thread on here alone would be crazy.

Hard Knocks probably wanted to film in Buffalo but the "film tax" was too high. So, they too, left and went to film somewhere else in Ohio!

Well, good thing. Tax breaks to movies and tv productions almost never pay for themselves.

Ralph doesn't even like Having night games let alone ever have Hard Knocks in Buffalo. I like it that way, would never want that show here. I do like to watch it though.

Mr. Wilson doesn't get HBO with all their moving picture shows full of explosions and naked people, so he wouldn't be able to watch the show. Now if it was on AMC or TCM then he'd be for it.

Had forgotten about this... Kevin Hogan (likely the Bills #5 or #6 WR this coming season) was one of the Dolphins final cuts last year, when they were featured on Hard Knocks. I remember thinking, at that time, he was going to be very good, on the show he was always open, so he was dubbed "7-11"...pretty funny. He got a lot of face time during the 2012 Hard Knocks show. I remember him being very humble.... I was surprised when he was cut last year by the phins. Would be nice to see him stick with the Bills, and contribute.

:thumbsup:

Well, good thing. Tax breaks to movies and tv productions almost never pay for themselves.

I work in tourism, and can't say enough about how ignorant this statement is. I could breakdown how many tourist and film dollars were spent from the movie Lincoln, since it was pretty much filmed where I work. The money they spent in the Central VA area was astonishing. Especially in terms of the businesses they affected and bought from. The restaurants, lumber yards, hotels, and on and on. Just that little stuff alone meant a TON to local business owners and contractors. The movie is there and it pretty much just spends money, or it's not there and your community doesn't get any money. It's really pretty much that simple.

The Bills have some interesting storylines this year that would make for a good Hard Knocks. But its a moot point seeing as how they would likely never have gone if asked. The Bills are an interesting team in training camp for sure new coach, rookie QB, interesting rookies, Mario Williams non-story and a team looking to win for the first time in a long time. The Bills are at least interesting this year.

Edited by billsfan89

I work in tourism, and can't say enough about how ignorant this statement is. I could breakdown how many tourist and film dollars were spent from the movie Lincoln, since it was pretty much filmed where I work. The money they spent in the Central VA area was astonishing. Especially in terms of the businesses they affected and bought from. The restaurants, lumber yards, hotels, and on and on. Just that little stuff alone meant a TON to local business owners and contractors. The movie is there and it pretty much just spends money, or it's not there and your community doesn't get any money. It's really pretty much that simple.

Well then I guess the real reason for no hard knocks is no one asked. Probably because other than we die hard Bills fans, no one else in the U.S. finds this franchise very interesting. Which is perfectly understandable after the past 15 years. Who knows, who cares. Bills will only get cred if they start winning more than they lose and quit being the laughing stock of the league. It is that simple.

The Patriots would probably be the most interesting to follow this year because of Hernandez. Second might be NYJ. Then Denver. Then Baltimore.

Those are because you can make good stories off the field with those teams. Not good football. If you want a good football show you would head to Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Houston.

I don't know....watching hard knocks now

It's buffalo barbarians dream show tonite....we have a John Skelton close up featuring his inability to call plays. Followed by Margus Hunts piece.

Of course it would be wayyyy better....the thread on here alone would be crazy.

I saw that. Skelton seems not too bright and I'm trying to be nice.

its not quite that simple, this coming from someone that also deals with it on a regular basis in a large filming market. yes the studios pour money into the community, but they demand a huge amount on the backside from the state. theres actually a lot of debate on the issue. new orleans really put a huge effort into pushing to become hollywood south and is currently in a pretty sticky situation with regards to whether or not to continue this. jindal wants to cut it, while the folks that have invested in training, facilities, etc... required to actually be a filming hub are furious.

its an interesting topic, but a thread on TSW is likely not the time or place - save calling people ignorant on political issues for ppp.