If (as advertised) it's a fair fight, then Tuel is winning.

alias

This thread is a riot. OP has trolled you all.

Too easy, I say.

It may not be just trolling, some people really truly believe as of 8/13 @ 12:30PM that Tuel is the lead horse.... or that he won't win the spot because the competition wasn't "fair".... at least 2 screen names will somehat indicate that very notion... lol

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been my experience that if you write a well thought out idea that might oppose common opinion around here, you'll get flamed. I agree with you 100% on what you wrote, but people will bash you anyway. I was under the impression that a lucid, well thought out debate topic could be discussed around here, but I was wrong more often than not, so I learned to speak internet-bully sarcasm so i didn't stand out so much, and adopted the phrase: "Homey don't Play 'dat"!!!!

unfortunately "tuel should be running with the 1s" doesnt seem well thought out to most people.

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

He played well. Against 3rd and 4th stringers. EJ played against 1st and 2nd stringers. Whats fair about that?

Tuel and EJ compete in practice everyday, and everyday EJ wins that battle. Why should the results from weeks of camp and OTAs be ignored solely in favor of one half of pre-season football against 3rd stringers?

It's only fair. That's why.

Tuel and EJ compete in practice everyday, and everyday EJ wins that battle. Why should the results from weeks of camp and OTAs be ignored solely in favor of one half of pre-season football against 3rd stringers?

How could you possibly ignore what Allen Iverson said about Practice Man? :lol:

This is a quarterback competition. As of today's practice:

EJ is currently the #1

Kolb is currently the #2

Tuel is currently the #3

If you think otherwise, then you go try to stage a coup, become the Bills head coach, and then put guys where you want them. Or you'll probably just do it in Madden, ha ha.

yes lets have a qb controversy and ruin the chemistry at 1BD before the season starts. Im sure tuel is happy to be on a roster and should be grateful and wait his turn to play. Kolb is the veteran and hasnt done anything to lose his start which should be this friday. Tuel can wait, hes a ufa right?

yes lets have a qb controversy and ruin the chemistry at 1BD before the season starts. Im sure tuel is happy to be on a roster and should be grateful and wait his turn to play. Kolb is the veteran and hasnt done anything to lose his start which should be this friday. Tuel can wait, hes a ufa right?

All things are not equal.

You need to see Tuel with the 1s against an opposing team 1s.

That hasn't happened and may not.

Tuel beat up on a team that might not be able to beat Hutch Tech. I like what I saw too; The command of the offense, accuracy, confidence. Tuel looked like a Man playing against boys but its not the same thing as having Mathis chase you down.

Lets realize it was Game 1 of the PreSeason.

Tuel will likely have the whole 4 PreSeason game to himself. Still won't be playing with or against the 1s but if he still looks good then its going to be tough to try and stash him on the PS.

To be fair to Tuel, EJ did nothing against the first stringers either. Not saying Tuel is better.

The coaches have to assess each QB's entire body of work, not just how they play in one preseason game.

EJ obviously has the highest upside of the three QBs in camp, and therefore, will garner the most reps and opportunity to prove himself as the starter.

Kolb is a lot better than many people on this board give him credit for..........but he has to find a way to stay healthy so that he can get the reps that he needs to properly show what he can do.

I've seen Tuel play in college and now in the pros. He was a stud in college and broke a lot of D. Bledsoe's records at Wash. St. He is legit. it was surprising that he went undrafted.

But now you're putting him up against a guy like Manuel who has a lot of things going for him. I'm not ready to say that Tuel should be taking reps away from Manuel and Kolb just yet based upon his play vs 3rd and 4th stringers and a Colts defense that was vanilla by design and not generating much pressure. I am very happy though that we have him on our side and have time to develop him.

Manuel is the guy you should be rooting for because he can make all of the throws and he can be a serious running threat as well. He also appears to have the leadership and charismatic skills to not only lead the offense, but the entire team. In order to speed up his progress though he needs to take as many reps as possible.

I will root for all three QBs, but I think Manuel gives us the best chance to be an elite level team. Think Cam Newton, but much better leadership/charisma.

Manuel is the guy you should be rooting for because he can make all of the throws and he can be a serious running threat as well. He also appears to have the leadership and charismatic skills to not only lead the offense, but the entire team. In order to speed up his progress though he needs to take as many reps as possible.

Yes! There is so much more to leading a team than just making some nice throws in a preseason game. If Tuel really deserves to be the #1 he will earn it in the locker room, in meetings and on the practice field. Like EJ has so far.