NFL Network Rebroadcast of Minnesota at Bills

richNjoisy

Did the game not sell out?

Have to wait for the rebroadcast?

CBF

No idea how many tickets remain. Tens of thousands likely. But I do know they are selling like hotcakes on StubHub. Grant you they are selling at half face value but folks are snapping them up. And why not? Home debut of EJ...who wouldn't want to see it?

PTR

2 days after the game was actually played is flat out disrespectful. They replay games that were live games once and some twice before they have the Bills game on Sunday.

I don't care about the delay in the broadcast, but it would appear that NFL will probably show the Vikings home feed, and thinking ahead for the rest of the preseason we'll probably get all away feeds. I'd much rather watch Bills' announcer homerisms, especially when they don't cut away from Bills' plays to interview some shlub on the sideline.

2 days after the game was actually played is flat out disrespectful. They replay games that were live games once and some twice before they have the Bills game on Sunday.

Just speculating, but perhaps that is because outside of Minneapolis and Buffalo, no one cares to watch that game, combined with the fact that Buffalo is one of the smallest TV markets and Minneapolis is not far ahead. Just a guess.

I don't care about the delay in the broadcast, but it would appear that NFL will probably show the Vikings home feed, and thinking ahead for the rest of the preseason we'll probably get all away feeds. I'd much rather watch Bills' announcer homerisms, especially when they don't cut away from Bills' plays to interview some shlub on the sideline.

Why is that? Good Lord, the Indy announcers were dreadful.

I believe they broadcast based on whoever is home. Hence the reason the Colts broadcast team was doing the game. Yes they were terrible and extremely biased in whatever way they could be.

At one point, they compared the Bills new offense to that of Kevin Wilson's at Indiana Univ. Ummmm, OK nice frame of reference. No NFL team wants to have any part of their game compared to IU football. Nor has that probaby ever occurred before yesterday.

I believe they broadcast based on whoever is home. Hence the reason the Colts broadcast team was doing the game. Yes they were terrible and extremely biased in whatever way they could be.

I guess that could be the case, because I was looking at it from a sellout standpoint. Minny game won't be sold out, so the live feed is the Vikings one. Maybe the reason for the NFL delay is to allow the local rebroadcast to air first and their reair that feed?

I recall that in prior years, NFL Net would split each half by home/visiting team.

At one point, they compared the Bills new offense to that of Kevin Wilson's at Indiana Univ. Ummmm, OK nice frame of reference. No NFL team wants to have any part of their game compared to IU football. Nor has that probaby ever occurred before yesterday.

That wasn't even the worst comment. They actually said the Colts punter was teams MVP last year...and they had Luck

Preseason crews are typically bad but these guys were just terrible

That wasn't even the worst comment. They actually said the Colts punter was teams MVP last year...and they had Luck

Preseason crews are typically bad but these guys were just terrible

I've never heard any announcer crew as in love witht their punter as those guys. Every time he trotted out, the hyperbole started.

I've never heard any announcer crew as in love witht their punter as those guys. Every time he trotted out, the hyperbole started.

I take it you missed the decade when Moorman was Bills' MVP?

Just speculating, but perhaps that is because outside of Minneapolis and Buffalo, no one cares to watch that game, combined with the fact that Buffalo is one of the smallest TV markets and Minneapolis is not far ahead. Just a guess.

You fell for it, MDFan. You must be new around here.

Oh, and Ralph is cheap.

Edited by maddenboy

Keep in mind the Vikings game is a "kids day" game whereby they sell tickets to kids for $15. Tasker said Kids day games are usually a sell-out, even in the pre-season. Frankly I'd be surprised but it'd be nice if it did.